Author Topic: A True Nodes Transit Significance  (Read 6050 times)

Offline James Williams

A True Nodes Transit Significance
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:35:07 AM »
"During its transit, Rahu [North Node] and Ketu [South Node] slow down and almost crawl at a particular degree for more than two months, twice a year...The impact of Rahu and Ketu at a degree where it is at a slow and crawling speed falling exactly on a particular house or a particular planet brings very stressful results to the significations ruled by the house or the planet" (p. 108 in the book, entitled, Impact of Rahu and Ketu, by Krishan Rajesh Chaudhary and V.K. Choudhry).

From August 1, 2016, to October 16, 2016, the True Nodes remained at 18 degrees Leo/Aquarius (sidereal zodiac, lahiri ayanamsha).  Thus, anyone who has a Jyotisha planet at 17-19 degrees in Leo, Aquarius, Aries, Gemini, Libra, or Sagittarius will have been afflicted by the transiting True Nodes.

Now, let's look a bit closer at the North Node, that is, Rahu, and some of its likely manifestations...

"...Rahu eclipses the mental energy, creates strong negative tendencies, and gives an undesirable direction to one's life..." (p. 33).

"...the snake Rahu...seems to pour out its poison into the brain.  This can create mental aberrations...Such people need very strong control over their negative tendencies, impulses, and opinions" (p. 34).

"Rahu is the point of obsession in your horoscope which may be a point of...downfall" (p. 45).

These three quotes come from the book, Karma and Rebirth in Hindu Astrology, by K.N. Rao.

These negative manifestations of Rahu are what I'm currently seeing in those who have a natal planet in one of the aforementioned degrees and signs.  Hopefully, now that the two-month plus period is over, things will become more normal again.  On the other hand, too much damage may have been done for that to occur--at least, anytime soon.

It's very sad to see...

:(

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline crabman

Re: A True Nodes Transit Significance
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:43:34 AM »
Are these points activated in any of the US charts?

Offline James Williams

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:17:32 AM »
Excellent question, crabman!  My research has so far just focused on the Nodes in people's Jyotisha charts.  Certainly worth looking into the Western charts as well!  :)
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Halina

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
Hi James,  speaking of TRUE NODES.......I had been using MEAN NODES in that Vedic astrology program and could never match the dasha periods in many of the Vedic books I have.    As soon as I change PREFERENCES to TRUE NODE, all the dasha periods in the Jaganatha Hora program matched those in many of my Vedic books.....have you noticed that???

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »
Hi Halina, yes, the Nodes have the different settings, as well as the different settings as to how one defines a year...365.24219, 365.256364, 360, etc.

And some of the books I have that were written before 2000 were done on inaccurate software programs, which causes problems as well.

Also, on HRC, if one uses the 8 AM time, then one can also use Shashtihayani Dasha, since here the Sun is in the lagna...

Yogini Dasha would also be another good one to use...you have the book on snapshot predictions using Yogini Dasha by Goel, yes?

Offline Halina

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 06:28:28 AM »
Thanx James.....yes, I have the book and thanx for submitting the conditional dashas that would work for HRC.
Would you know any other celebs for which the Dwadashottari conditional dasha would work?    The condition there is that the D9, Navamsha must have either Libra or Taurus rising in the Ascendant.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 03:00:27 AM »
The next True Node significance will begin on January 11, 2017, when Rahu and Ketu enter into 9 degrees of Leo and Aquarius (sidereal zodiac, lahiri ayanamsha).  They will stay at 9 degrees until March 18, 2017, for a total of 66 consecutive days.

This will correspond in Western horoscopes to the North Node remaining at 3 degrees Virgo, and the South Node remaining at 3 degrees Pisces, for these 66 consecutive days. 

Anyone with a natal planet or angle at 2 degrees to 4 degrees Virgo and/or Pisces in their Western horoscope, will experience the negative effects of the Nodes during this 66 day time period...

Guaranteed...

;)

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 06:58:39 AM »
OPPS!  I will have to watch early next year as the nodes will afflict my natal Jupiter,which rules the 1st house in western but 2rd and 5th in eastern.  I also get David Hawthorne's updates and he saids the US chart will be afflicted until dec 1--he especially mentions the natal  and transiting nodes   AMY

Offline James Williams

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 07:25:47 AM »
Thank you Amy.  For those who have natal Jupiter about to be conjuncted by transiting Ketu (South Node) here soon during that 66-day period, and since Jupiter and Ketu are both "spiritual" grahas (planets), it may be beneficial to consciously engage in some type of "spiritual" practice during this time.  For example, listening to Jupiter and/or Ketu mantras, rendering service to the elderly or to spiritual organizations, going on a spiritual retreat, etc.

My natal Ketu is at 14 Aquarius 32, which is around 5 degrees of separation from the 66-day transit degree, but the other day I saw that a friend of mine is offering a spiritual retreat weekend workshop during that time period up in northern Michigan that I will drive up to from Ohio if the weather permits.

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 08:37:51 AM »
Well, I always try to do the help the elderly and spiritual stuff.
As an aside, I am leaving for a trip to Iran on April 20, which is just outside of this time period.  My sp moon will be square natal Jupiter around this time.  Don't tell me any crap about the dangers of going to Iran as I am tired of it.   Amy

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:25 PM »
James,

Does Jyotish always use the True Nodes or is it a personal preference?

I'm a Mean (son of a bitch) ;) myself... but was curious how a mere 1.75 degree spread between True and Mean might affect the interpretation? The start and stop points in time are still pretty close... so I don't get the significance... but perhaps something to do with the particular Ayanamsa you utilize...

The movement of the Mean Nodes over that period traversed 14 Virgo 20 to 10 Virgo 18... whereas the True Node seems in a hurry by the end of the time period... outpacing the Mean by nearly 2 degrees... that's a bigger spread than 10-2 Treasury Yields....  ::)

Very interesting concept... reminds me of the "burn rate" concept Erwine came up with on Mercury...

Retrograde stuff is a slippery slope for me... and with the Nodes? Ice!

HVA

Offline James Williams

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 04:50:19 AM »
Robynne, it all depends upon each person's prarabdha karma...what they're destined to undergo.  For some, it may be the entire two months, for others it may not be.  My nephew just went through this last two month episode in dealing with his wife's severe physical complications in her pregnancy.  Another person switched from one lifestyle to a nearly 180 degree lifestyle, and is still in that phase.  Be aware of the significations of the planet and house which will be afflicted, and use whatever free will one has to meet it consciously, rather than becoming a victim unconsciously.

HVA, I'm a Mean SOB as well, LOL!  I use either Mean or True in Jyotisha, depending upon what varga (divisional chart) I'm looking at.  But until recently, I never knew that the True Nodes actually "stop" two times a year on a particular degree for over two consecutive months.  So there appears to be some serious significance to those two periods per year.

For example, my nephew has his Western natal Sun at 10 Virgo 54.  When the transiting True Nodes back on August 2 went to 12 degrees Virgo/Pisces, and stayed at 12 degrees Virgo/Pisces until October 17, it was during this time that his wife began to experience severe difficulties in her pregnancy.  The Sun in my nephew's chart rules his 2nd House, which is the 8th House of his wife.

So basically I'm just throwing out a red flag here in regards to those two times each year that the transiting True Nodes stay on a particular degree, and if one has a natal planet or angle within a couple of degrees of that abidance degree, then wake up and pay attention.

Otherwise, I generally more often use the Mean Nodes, especially in Western astrology.

Thanks again for the inquiries!  Hopefully, this makes more sense...

:)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:36:22 AM by James Williams »

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 06:17:05 AM »
Got it...

Nice presentation James... very clear...

Especially the "what you sow" part...

Here's hoping for you and others that the "reaping" is not grim...

HVA

Offline James Williams

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »
Thank you HVA,

Thankfully, the grim reaper made his appearance last week...so we should be good until around this time again next year!

;)

Offline Somers69

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »
Transiting True Node was conjunct my natal Sun last Thursday - ruler of 6th in 6th house and on the day it was exact I resigned from my present job and signed a contract for my new job!

However as the Solar Eclipse was conjunct my natal Sun on 1st Sept I wonder if the trigger is not just the natal planet but the TN crossing the Eclipse point?  :-\