Author Topic: Lost Wallet (solved)  (Read 610 times)

Offline Antonio

Lost Wallet (solved)
« on: January 18, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
I have witnessed Mr. Mario, busily carrying several bags and many loose articles between the garage(1) and his house. His purpose was to gain more space to park his jeep(2) there, during the cooler weather that kills the car's new battery.

(1) Next to my garage and in my backyard.
(2) A black Grand Cherokee

Later, my wife told me that her father had lost his wallet with documents(3). He claimed that he had left it at home, close to the kitchen, over an enclosed bag, next to other bags containing trash for recycling(4). He had searched inside the bags, but the wallet disappeared.

(3) Bank cards, citizen card, driver's licence, etc (no money)
(4) Not food rests

At that point, I erected an horary chart, albeit, given my lack of expertise, without high expectations.

Where is Mr. Mario's wallet?

I was intrigued to see that the sign and degree on the cusp of the 7th house (which represents me) corresponded to my Ascendant sign and degree!

Comfortably seated in a warm place, i didn't feel like getting up to look for answers in my Horary books. In order to translate some light into my question, i used nothing more complex than a few tips, which I found online with my laptop.

Based on that, i told Mario that his wallet would reappear, but not right away. I also told him it had been moved from the house and where to look further, but he guaranteed that he had already done it.

Meanwhile, the junk bags had been moved to a public bin and he had informed the competent authorities of the loss of his documents.

Soon enough, he would receive new documents, but he still wanted to go find the missing wallet inside the public bin. Maybe he was too fond of that old wallet, but i had to convince him that it would be unreasonable and dangerous to jump into a pile of recycled trash from all the neighborhood! He even suggested me to help him in that task, for wich he would take a ladder!

On Saturday 14, my wife brought me the news: The wallet was found inside a bag, which had been removed from the house and taken back into the jeep.

There are cases so obvious that they do not take any time to solve. Such was the case when my wife phoned her mother, asking if she had seen her lost cell phone. The mother soon realized that her daughter was calling her from the "missing" phone!!!

As i dwell longer on this solved case, i'm providing more about its background than my own horary reasoning. This post is not about my loosen performance, but to give the interested readers the opportunity to arrive to their own conclusions. The more advanced will find more clues and details than those that, rightly or not, based my research and conclusions.

I saved a list of about 7 tips that i used as keys. In my quick research, they seemed to fit the horary question at hand. Accidenttally, i deleted the text file and so i can only share the sources:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson9/

http://www.seraphicsiren.com/6-steps-on-how-to-use-horary-astrology-to-find-your-lost-articles/

http://innerself.com/content/personal/intuition-awareness/astrology/3887-lost-something-use-horary-astrology-to-find-it.html

http://www.sarahsastrology.com/Horary-Astrology(2859933).htm

Stay warm and have fun!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:49:32 PM by Antonio »

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Lost Wallet (solved)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
Antonio, thank you so much for this post, and all the links.  Horary is one area of astrology about which I know very little, and I look forward to getting better acquainted with it now.  Wish I'd read all these links a little while back when I couldn't find my cell phone!

Regards,
Pam

Offline Antonio

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »
Thank you Pamela and sorry for the late reply. You'll understand i've been too busy getting dry and warm! 

My brain enters into frenzy mode when looking for my own lost items. Zero patience to try horary. It usually happens with tools when i most need them. I don't belive in mischievous little spirits, playing tricks on me... so i just blame my wife for misplaced things. ;D

Just in case:
http://listverse.com/2013/03/27/10-little-known-mysterious-ghost-types/

At some point, all the drawers and corners of the house will be turned upside down! Hot & cold, north & south, black & white, all mixed in a pile of unrelated stuff. Horary astrology has no  clue for a lost mind!  ::)

Anyway, February started with my mother at the hospital, diagnosed with UTI. Day two, the strong wind destroyed my green house and then i acidentaly perfurated a water pipe in my backyard. Tried to solve the problem but it would rain even harder every time i tried to repair the pipe. It took me tree days!

I can't blame humans for such a mess... and there's just too many gods to curse! It's a good thing that February is the shortest month...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:56:14 AM by Antonio »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:06:15 AM »
Whoah!  Antonio, you really have been getting walloped; too many gods to curse, indeed.  Very sorry to hear about your mother.  Well, hopefully the rest of February will treat you more kindly.

Regards,
Pam

Offline Antonio

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, Pam. Mother is fine and we had a sunny day to give us some rest... but it didn't last for long.

The pipes in the sky started leaking again... like a sad song from Supertrump(?)  :-\

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 05:07:07 AM »
 :-*

Offline Antonio

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 02:12:00 AM »
An extract from Miguel's (MEC*) chronic, February 17, 2017:

Where did I learn this? It was thanks to Father David Sillince of the Church of St. Boniface in Southampton. In one of those blessings which only in England can occur, he wrote a letter to the Spectator in which he advises "tie three knots in your handkerchief and say ‘Cucufato, Cucufato, I’m tying up your balls; find my (lost object) and I’ll untie them again". He ends, adding: "It always works, and he is never resentful"[/b].  :-X

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cardoso,_Miguel_Esteves

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »
Hi Antonio:

It's been awhile since you wrote this, but I will still add my two cents.  I also am not an expert on horary, but I know there are rules.  For instance, you say that the 7th house represents you, but that is not the rule here, though it is funny that it is the degree of your ASC.  You, perhaps, have put yourself in your father-in-laws shoes.

If you are asking a question about someone else's possession, that someone else needs to be the DSC of the chart.  Mario's possession which he lost is represented by the ruler of the 8th house (the second of the 7th).  Jupiter, his possession, in this case sits in Mario's 12th house. 

Often things in the 12th house are lost forever, but Jupiter in Libra (what you have called "documents"), is in a T-square with Uranus and Pluto.  Pluto represents Mario (ruling his ASC - the 7th cusp), and so he is in his 3rd house.  Now we are getting somewhere, or rather Mario is, since he is represented as moving around locally, or being able to move around locally, most likely in his car. 

This is how tricky horary can be.  We sometimes need to take things very literally.  There is Mario, maybe driving around in his car, maybe worrying about where his driver's license is (or else NOT driving around because he has no license), and all the time it is - or was -  attached like a steel bar to his movements while driving around!  Gotta love horary. 

Offline Antonio

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »
Thank you for your thoughts, Barbara. I purposely named the person, to assign him the ascendant. I must have read this somewhere (beside A. Louis). No doubt you're at least "technically" right, but i had to refrain my intent to look inside the jeep (as I told him to do) since he said he had already done it... and the car alarm could be on!

Anyway, in this example case, Anthony Louis assigns the 7th house to himself:

https://tinyurl.com/mbnyozc

In these two other cases, he refers to McEver's method of assigning the 7th to the person inquired about by the astrologer ... implying(?) that it is not a fixed rule(?)

https://tinyurl.com/la47kxh

https://tinyurl.com/n693cga

Tricky, indeed... even for the pro's!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:48:59 AM by Antonio »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 04:47:07 PM »
Hi Antonio.  You are right, he does assign himself to the 7th house.  I had to draw up the chart to see that because I thought perhaps the ASC was Capricorn and Saturn just happened to be in the 7th house.  But, no.  Something is wrong with Louis' thinking if he is not sure if "Nick" should be represented by the 7th house or not. You have to be clear with those choices or nothing works. I see that he has written a book called Horary Astrology Plain and Simple.   I would trust McEvers before Louis, who is probably better at psychiatry than astrology.   The only thing I didn't like about McEvers was that she tended to allow planets to go into the next sign in order to "connect" with other planets for the solution; but I don't see much sense in that when you could do that all the way around the wheel. 

Offline Antonio

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 02:51:10 AM »
Hi Barbara,

Assigning house rulership can get tricky and muddy! In order to avoid any doubts and get into
 more trouble, i clearly established in my mind (intent) that i would assign Mario to the first house.

It was my wife who first told me about the lost wallet and i wanted to keep her (and myself) out of the picture. Also, i didn't want to assign Mario as my father-in-law, or my neighbour. That would complicate things even further. Just consider that he is not my father and there's no law in our relationship, since i'm not legally married! Plus, the jeep was/is parked in my garage, in my backyard. It is a large garage with two doors and no inner wall. As so, i gave him permission to use half of the space and park his stuff there and later his jeep. Actually, the garage does not belong me -- i pay a rent to the landlord.

Also, Mario is not the main driver of the jeep (or the sole owner), but her 'daughter.' Actually she's not her daughter but sort of adopted -- first, by my wife's younger sister, then from all the family. The good news is that the wallet belongs to him, in full (not so sure about the documents). Ufff...  ;D

In his book, Louis shares his thought process... his successes and mistakes... and that alone is a rare quality -- hard to find in most astrology books, fisherrman's tale or political speeches....

He also covers a lot more than his sole perspective...

To save others from a stiff neck, here's the turned chart:

Extract from: The Astrology Book: The Encyclopedia of Heavenly Influences
https://tinyurl.com/ku34a4o

Extract from: "Horary Astrology: Plain & Simple "
https://tinyurl.com/lsdma9o

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 06:14:52 AM »
Ah, very good, Antonio, you assigned Mario in the beginning to the first house.  I wasn't sure of that, because you didn't really talk about what house or planet represented his wallet, which would be Mercury in his 8th house, and what it is doing.  I see that on Jan. 4th Venus (r1) meets Mercury (r2) at 0 Pisces. In a mutable sign, that should be pretty quick for the two to get together.  The creative part might be that both the jeep and the garage were not really his anyway (thus the 8th house of sharing wealth for the placement of the wallet, which yes, was his).

I always assign the 1st house to the querent if they have asked me the question to pose it with horary, but I assign the 7th house to a person if I am thinking of the question myself and they have not asked me to find out for them.  But that is me. I agree that to establish one's own rules is fine as long as the rules are kept always the same. I disagree with Louis about one method not covering all contingencies.  It must.  Otherwise, it is like a kid that changes the rules in the middle of the game because he is losing.

Cheers.  Horary is very fun, and it seems it can be addicting, but it is not my first love.   

Offline Antonio

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 03:20:50 AM »
"You didn't really talk about what house or planet represented his wallet"

That's true, Barbara! I thought it was more important to reveal the background of the case, its outcome and the links from where i picked my quick tips. I didn't want to place this case as an exercise... and provide 'the solution' later... since i'm no teacher or master of the art!

I'll try to reconstruct my thoughts, now... but it was more like a picture that gained resolution in my mind. I may have to credit my horary angel for the inspiration:  ;D

- The querent is symbolised by the ascendant, its ruler, and the Moon.
- The Moon is also a natural significator for anything lost.

- 2nd house generally rules possessions. Questions about lost wallets, keys, jewelry and so forth are 2nd house questions.
- It is the second house ruler which will always point to the direction where the lost article will be located.
- In addition, the second house ruler will also indicate the location where the article presently lay and offer a clear description of the article itself.

Arguments for Recovery

- If the Moon is with the Ascendant ruler, in the same quarter of the chart, and there is no more than 30° between them, the object is in the querent's home.

<> The Moon, natural significator of anything lost is with Venus (asc ruler).
<> The wallet was taken home, initially, and placed on the top of a closed recycling bag... but the Moon separates from the Asc. ruler.

- Retrograde planets in horary astrology show that for better or worse something is likely
to return.

<> Mercury Rx (2nd house ruler)

- House location: Sucedent -- not in its usual place, but not far away; harder to find; maybe out of doors, in a garage or outbuilding, or in the yard.

- Mercury in the 8th house: The item is likely to be hidden. In a rubbish bin, with or near items to be recycled.

<> Mercury in Capricorn = a dark vehicle made for any terrain = black jeep grand cherokee

"I told Mario that his wallet would reappear, but not right away [sucedent house]. I also told him it had been moved from the house and where to look further" [any bags inside the jeep and garage], "but he guaranteed that he had already done it."

- When the second house ruler is about to change signs (it's at 29 degrees or more) then
the article is about to be moved to another location.
- If it has just changed signs (it's at 0 degrees or more of a sign) then the missing article has just been moved to a new location.

<> Mercury, 2nd house ruler, at 01Cap35 in the 8th House. Venus, the natural ruler of wallets and possessions at 29Aqu12.

"On Saturday 14, my wife brought me the news: The wallet was found inside a bag, which had been removed from the house and taken back into the jeep."

"I disagree with Louis about one method not covering all contingencies."

Most astrologers can be very creative only in retrospect... in a effort to make astrology fit an unexpected outcome.

"Horary is very fun, and it seems it can be addicting, but it is not my first love."

I was having fun when i start this thread. A lot happened since then... I had to take my wife
to the hospital, twice this month and a great Leo friend departed (age 55) on early spring. It snowed that day.

We met again for a brief rendez-vous on my birthday, after some 30 years! We made plans to dinner and go for a family bike ride on a sunny day.

It doesn't matter how we turn the wheel... i 'lost' a friend that can only be found in the House of God... as he was a man of great faith and a bigger heart! 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:50:48 AM by Antonio »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 06:27:56 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with that awesome lesson; I'm sure many will benefit from it here.  And what a beautiful expression of your Leo friend who passed! You will surely see him again.  May your wife regain her health. 

Offline Stacy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 06:46:15 AM »
Barbara: You literally took the words right out of my mouth!
Antonio: I hear you (about how much you have had going on). All the best~

Stacy
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown