Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 7654 times)

Offline Barbara Ybarra

The Trump Administration
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
Are we sick of talking about Trump yet? 

Last night I gathered with some astrologers, and someone brought the chart of the inauguration.  The group is a mix of Trump haters, so the interpretation of the coming administration was one sided....negative.  See what you think.

The inauguration is normally set at 12 noon, and for good reason - to put the Sun, the country's leader, at or near the MC.  Notice that the Sun appears quite single, with the exception of the wide square to the Moon which rules the "other party". 

Pluto is oriental at the apex of the T square with Jupiter and Uranus, perhaps suggesting the upsets to the poor and the needy (12th house).  Our group of astrologers came up with worse than that, but I won't mention it all.  Saturn, the predominant expression of the ruling party, is in the 8th house of "let's make a deal".  It is squared to the Pisces stellium in the 11th (the liberals and the underdogs)...? 

For the next four years will there will be people clamoring for their rights and benefits?   

Offline Robineli

Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 01:42:27 PM »
Hi Barbara,

(Should we make a joke about Friday the 13th happening a week late?)

That Saturn in the 8th is suspect.

The March/McEvers books refer to the 8th house as the house of support from others.  Emotional support, financial support, others' values, etc.  Noel has posted that welfare recipients and trust funders both have active 8th houses.
Yes, the 8th House being the second of the 7th, is, psychodynamically, the "other person's" self-worth, that whole spectrum.  That's why we see "inheritance" there, loans, etc.  --And it extends to include society's values, the 7th being the public, society.  In this case, "welfare" may be a better orientation; and vocatonally, "healing others", alternative healing methodologies dedicated to the improvement of others.

The essay: http://www.noeltyl.com/insights/020228.html

Some thoughts: Looking back at the 2009 inauguration, it was interesting to note a VOC moon during the oath of office.  A few mistakes were made, and a second oath took place the next day (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Barack_Obama#Inaugural_events).  The Affordable Care Act/Obamacare began during that term - Pluto was in the 8th house of the 2009 inauguration chart, so: transformation of support.

With this Saturn in the 8th, it looks like exactly what is being discussed in the news will come to pass - repeal of the ACA/Obamacare - so: restriction of support. 

As for the Sun sitting all by itself - what a lonely position...to have grabbed the brass ring/won the ultimate prize and still not feel respected?  Boy, if that isn't Chiron in the 2nd house (of his natal chart)...  The fact is he is in the final years of a progressed New Moon cycle and will lose a lot during this time.  Being POTUS won't make him feel any better than being a rich man with a string of beautiful wives has.

Anyhoo...

Yes, so looking in comparison of past presidential inaugurations will be a helpful predictor for these next four years.  The poor and needy won't be getting public charity as they have in the past.

Also (surprised no one has brought this up yet), where will the US attack next?  We've always looked at the Mars and Pluto lines for POTUS.  And what's happening with China? 

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:52:58 PM »
Pretty good analysis, Robineli.

I suppose to analyze correctly, one needs to keep in mind that this horoscope represents the life and duration of this particular administration for the next four years.  In some real way, it does not represent the country itself for any length of time, but the intentions and outcomes of the goals that Trump and his cabinet have or implement.  I mean, though congress is dominantly Republican, it can put on the brakes on things if it wants.

In a mundane country chart the 7th house is other countries, especially countries which are opponents.  And then the 8th is their resources and making deals with them.  However, this is not a country chart, so like in a personal chart, we think of the 8th as the people in general who benefit or don't benefit from the administration's policies on sharing assets (as Robineli points out).  We could make people share (raise taxes).  But it is Saturn there, so it suggests a restriction on the sharing, and the lowering of taxes.   I need to think more about the Pluto in the 8th when Obama gave oath.  Pluto is transformation, yes, but....   

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:33:51 PM »
Say it isn't so!!   (But I know it is)  My critical-for-survival in-home services are already in major danger of being cut back and cut off. Fighting like the Uranian-Aquarian-Sagittarian dickens to keep'em!

Both of you raise good points. Barbara, I would have fit right in with your astrology group ;).  The 12 h. and also sq. to Pisces stellium referrals mentioned make me nervous as I suspect that's a fair assessment.  I have no 8th h. planets though my ruler is the most heavily-aspected planet in my chart, and now receive benefits from about 4-5 agencies just to survive (started working from age 8 on, so I know I paid into the system very well).

My only hope, dark and twisted as it sounds, is that I will not have to live thru the next 4 yrs. with this administration; dead serious (no pun intended)...(Plutonians get it!)

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Steven7

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:17 AM »
Inauguration chart is what it is and would be the same if Hillary got in.

http://planetwatcher.com/#1484931600
Dispositor for the sun is Saturn
Dispositor for the Moon is Mars

Mars and Saturn are Square ,not exact to degree, slight orb.

Midpoint of the square is squared by the Moon in debilitated Scorpio.
 Moon may be in a good Nakshatra  fixed star.

This could bring possible danger or disruption  on at the inauguration.  Hope not.

Hopefully Trump will end the nation wrecking  lunatic war lord policies of Bush and Obama.

Offline pdw

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »
Hi Barbara and All, good comments.

I see the inaugural Saturn generally reflecting this president’s strong conviction, expectation (conjunct his natal Moon and opposing his Sun), and 8th House desire to be an administrative change agent – in many ways, paying back his campaign commitment (8th House debt and obligation) to his change-seeking voters (trine 12th House inaugural Uranus).

With Saturn in Sagittarius and the 8th House, I thought about implementing new policy, to strengthen and improve results related to corporate taxes, insurance, trade agreements (ruling international 9th House). 

Perhaps the inaugural Mars-Saturn square suggests that some things won’t change in Washington; the party out of power will feel disenfranchised (or emasculated?) in losing Pisces, and fight, resist or refuse to work with the President to implement his objectives. The president will be frustrated but steamroll ahead…or will he?

There was big campaign talk of his pragmatic ‘Art of the Deal’ ability…and his natal Venus-Saturn conjunction is trine this inaugural Mars. So perhaps there’s a chance for prudent give-and-take and presidential compromise to actually happen. Stay tuned…to twitter. ;)

Offline Stacy

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
As S7 says, chart is same as if HC were being sworn in, but the aspects would mean something very different. Instead of her cutting off the disenfranchised of society, for example, she might have faced challenges from Conservatives in getting support for her agenda.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Daleth

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »
Wouldn't the 7th house of an inauguration chart represent the opposing party (or in a multi-party system, the opposing side, e.g. Right vs. Left)? And then the Moon, as in a mundane chart, would represent the people?

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:14 AM »
I was looked at CNN when trump took the oath of office and it was one minute early at 11:59am
Amy

Offline Lopaka

• Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 12:44:51 PM »
Amy:  regardless of what the tv clock may have said, satelite time confirms that the oath began exactly at 12:00 noon and took less than one minute to complete.  And even more importantly, according to amendment XX to the Constitution, Obama's term of office lasted until noon.  Trump became President at 12:00 EST today.
The law, in its infinite wisdom, forbids the rich as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
                    -Anatole France

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
Right, Lopaka.  And, it does seem as if it might have been originally planned always to be at 12 noon, which, because it is always on 20 January, always puts the MC at 26 Capricorn.  The Sabian symbol is "Pilgrims climbing steep steps to a mountain shrine".   The exact 12 noon does change the ASC degree to 14 Taurus which is something entirely different from 15 Taurus.

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 05:37:15 PM »
http://jfklancer.com/jfk/wp%2761.html

JFK Lancer - President John F. Kennedy Assassination Latest News and Research

"It was 12:51 p.m. when President-elect Kennedy, great-grandson of Irish immigrants, began repeating the oath of office after chief Justice Earl Warren. When he uttered the final words, "So help me God," some fascinating precedents tumbled into the history books."

The chart struck for 12:51 pm in Washington has Mars and Uranus from the secondary progressed Presidency chart I use (Apr 30 1789 NS (Apr 19 1789 OS), 1:04 pm, LMT +4:56:02, New York NY 40°N42'51'' 074°W00'23'') on the IC. When it is relocated to Dallas it has assassination Mars/Saturn midpoint on the MC. I think both are appropriate in view of President Kennedy's assassination.

Of course neither of the locations using noon for Washington (11 am, CST, in Dallas) have either of these configurations. In fact the 11 am chart for Dallas has assassination Jupiter square the MC.

Offline Lopaka

• Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »
Barbara: I would like to think that there was astrological intent in selecting the date and time but I can't  get there.  When the Constitution was adopted in 1787 no date or time was specified in Article III.  In 1804 the XII amendment implied that the term began and ended on March 4 but no time was specified. Not until  after 1933 when the XX amendment was adopted did noon on January 20 control.  I could be persuaded that astrologically trained Masons had a hand in things in 1787 and 1804 but the timing in the relevant constitutional provisions is makes that questionable. And by 1933 astrological training among Freemasons had degenerated to the point where I have great doubt. And I say that as a 32° Scottish Rite Mason.  However I am willing to be persuaded otherwise if anyone has information to the contrary. 
The law, in its infinite wisdom, forbids the rich as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
                    -Anatole France

Offline Al Rescha

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 01:07:51 AM »
Hello all,
Haven't posted here in quite a while. If you were viewing through cable or satellite T.V. It is on a delay. Time President Trump started swearing in 11:59 am EST. Finished at 12:00 pm. I caste chart for time of completion (12:00 pm EST). Interesting post.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
Thanks all for the history.  I actually didn't look into it.  I suppose the 12 noon just evolved at some point.  So, of course that makes the question when and why the oath for office became static if it was previously more arbitrary which of course would allow it to suit each individual president....maybe when they are good and ready to get up there.  I heard lots of newscasters repeatedly saying that the transfer of power was a celebration of our democracy and not a celebration of the new person coming into office.  Nevertheless, the day reflects the popularity.  Obama's inauguration was the day of all days to celebrate racial equanimity in this country.  I noticed that the Women's March in DC today has the Uranus-Jupiter on the ASC-DSC, though I am not there to time it exactly.  There are thousands of people holding anti-Trump signs.  They could have more properly called it the Anti-Trump March...or the Far Left Women's March.