Author Topic: New Essays are up !!!!!!!!!!!! May 31, 2009  (Read 24046 times)

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
New Essays are up !!!!!!!!!!!! May 31, 2009
« on: May 30, 2009, 05:28:39 AM »

The New Essays are UP!

Analytical Techniques
“SA Aries Point Positioning, revisited”  (updated May 31, 2009)

Counseling Insights
“Framing and Imagination”  (updated May 31, 2009)

Notebook
“Hearing the Melody”  (updated May 31, 2009)

---Please enjoy them, and discuss...........

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
Tyl's "Melody" Essay
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:45:36 AM »

From Lura; replaced from the famous people department below, per her request.....

Well, George, we knocked the bastard off."
[Sir Edmund Hillary to George Loewe, after climbing the big one!]

A few days ago, marked the anniversary of 56 years since these words were uttered in 1953.  After reading Noel's Essay on music, which was touchingly, very lovely, I'm sure Hillary, in his own way, felt the music too.

With my Jupiter-Saturn conjunction Sabian 'Mountain Pilgrimage,' the air is thinning, the sound more high-pitched and focusing.  Even, my recent visit with a patient who reminded me of the miracle at Knock, Ireland!!

The image of climbing the mountain was used very efficiently when in difficult labor in childbirth.  But, I recall the after birth pains excruciating, as well, as I held onto the bed headboard until the doctor arrived.

This experience fits well into the Saturn-Pluto realm we all recently discussed.  The 'Hillary Step' and the 'Hillary Music' so reminiscent of the heartbeat, which speeds up, ascends, retreats, descends ... naturally, as it needs to.  Even in the movie 'Seven Years in Tibet,' partnership was paramount.

Much to consider, as well as revisit Hillary's chart.

[if only I knew how to move this up to the Essay area?]

Thank you Noel.
Noel Tyl

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: New Essays are up !!!!!!!!!!!! May 31, 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
Hello Noel,

I really enjoyed two of your essays this month.

First, your revisit of the Solar Arc to the Aries point always makes me think of one example I found on my own.  Rush Limbaugh's chart showed a good example in the Vocational Exercises a couple of years ago.  Rush was born January 12, 1951 at 7:50 a.m. CST in Cape Girardeau, Missouri with 0:57 Aquarius rising.  The correlation between his success as a communicator and his 3rd house anchor house, ruled by Mars, was astounding.  When Rush mentioned that his program first went national on August 1, 1988 at Noon EST in New York City, I just had to check out the astrology behind it.  Rush's all-important Mars had arced to the Aries point, specifically 0:15 Aries.

I also enjoyed your essay about framing questions and comments.  If I had Mercury in Capricorn, as our Maestro does, it would be easier, but I am happy when I can do it successfully.  A client told me that his father had died of a massive heart attack following a big Thanksgiving Day dinner, when my client was 11 years old.  I told him that I thought he was well-adjusted in male roles and followed my compliment by asking him who his male role models were. 

It it an art to learn the right questions to ask.  I cannot begin to count how many people, after I say that I don't drink coffee, have asked me if I can drink decaf.  Nobody has ever asked me why!  If anyone had asked me why, they would know that it's the temperature of the coffee and not the caffeine that bothers me.

As for the melody of the horoscope, I understand what you are trying to say.  But music appreciation is so completely personal, your examples are totally lost on me.  I recall arguing with my wife about a song where she thought the lyrics were happy and loving, but I thought the music sounded like a dirge.

Thanks for writing these essays; you hit the trifecta this month.

DB
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline dixieturner

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:20:49 PM »
Hi Noel,
I really enjoyed "Framing and Imagination" Since taking your course I've learned how to frame things in the horoscope to get the most out of it, so I can really relate to this essay.

I especially loved "SA Aries Point Positioning, Revisited" and the research that you did on all of these celebrities. It is amazing how influencial this point is in the horoscope. When my Sun= SA-Aries point was a time of total excitement as I had recently discovered Astrology programs for the computer and the internet. During this time I was the director of the astrology bulletin board on Prodigy network and wrote "Celebscope for AOl" Thank you so much for sharing your research with us. Dixie Turner

Offline Reina Hanson

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »
Dear Noel:

A couple of weeks ago, I worked up my grandson's SA's to see what was coming up for him (he's 14 - an actor/model) and it showed SA Venus=AP, making no aspect with any other planet.  Natally, Venus rules 6/7/11, so I thought about public outreach, public projection, which fits his life right now.

Because of the essay, I looked further and saw that SA Jupiter exactly conjoins the 2nd (the money house) and will be arcing to AP in 2 years.  Moreover, during the same 2-year period, I see that SA Pluto will conjoin n. Jupiter!  Jupiter and Pluto co-r. 2nd!!!!  When SA Pluto reached natal Jupiter, it will set off the GTF, vocationally.  Hopefully, this suggests the possibility of financial rewards and that he may book some money-making gigs!

Warm regards ...................... Reina

Offline Hiroki Niizato

• Holistic Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
Dear Noel,

Thank you for this month's powerful essays - I just have to say wow!

Thank you for sharing the impressive list of corroborations for the independent Solar Arc to AP.  I can add my own example: I have three mutable planets in 9th house (Moon, Neptune, Venus occupying 15, 12 and 6 degree of Sagittarius respectively.)  At age 15 and 18 I moved internationally.  The Venus=Ap arc at age 24 manifested as a relationship (Venus rules the 7th.)

I think your essay on framing is so important - it holds the clue for us to make our sessions interesting and charged with mutual understanding.  It requires charisma  (which some say is an ability to get people on the same wavelength as you), and a lot of thought about the words we utter during a consultation. 

Lastly, I (naturally) appreciate your musical analogy to synthesis!  I can relate because when people are "off the center of their being" it usually feels like their "music" is missing something: in case of an ungrounded idealist, there are a lot of pretty chords playing, but the rhythm is way off (the client is neglecting their Saturn complex in their horoscope by refusing to deal with their authority problems, for example.)  In the case of the frustrated creative, the music may be too predictable and bland - like some spontaneous element in the music is suppressed, put away - it sounds proper and boring like an elevator music. 

I'll pay more attention to these three fascinating aspects of our work.  Again, wow!

Much appreciated,
Hiroki

Offline pdw

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
Noel and All,

I enjoyed the essays and, as always, appreciate reading everyone's thoughts here.  I'm going for a tight edit on mine this month.     

SA Aries Point - Keeps me on the lookout for this measurement. 

Framing and Imagination - Here is my vote for a most compelling - and unexpected - sentence: The means for astrological skill is the imagination.

Hearing The Melody - Lovely.  I'm not so naturally musical but lyricism and analogy I get.   

Thank you for the June tunes this month, Noel.  Perfect paeans in every way for promoting our imagination and skill.     

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 03:38:28 PM »
Dear Noel:

Thank you once again for three inspiring and instructive essays.  I was just thinking today about your theory on the SA planet coming to AP in the chart.  There are so many things in astrology that you have whittled away at in order to find the hard core measurement that works.  There is no other astrologer like you.  I am so glad I took instruction from you.

I was a little surprised to hear that you waited patiently while someone detailed a movie for you for half an hour! How very polite. I hate it when someone does that to me.     I am certainly working on being more creatively concise.  I think about it all the time.

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could stick our charts in a machine and it would play our melody?!  Yours would be very powerful. 

Take care.  These were amazing.  I am going to read them again.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:51:52 AM »
Hello Noel,

I always find your writings inspiring and masterfully written. 

It's one thing to be able to cut the chaff from the wheat, but it's a gift to be able to do it so creatively with words so that it is always ENJOYABLE to read.  Thank you for the generosity of your time/energy to help bring all of Astrology, UP!

You da man!

The Solar Arcs to the Aries Point, I think, is a very important article as many might MISS this very important clue, if not for your personal direction as to its importance.

As for Framing Questions, it is essential to not only know WHAT to ask, but HOW to ask it.  Astrologers (regularly) say so many UNDENIABLE truths to clients, that a client (naturally) can come to hang on EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE ASTROLOGER'S MOUTH as if it were God-given.  1,000,000 thanks to Noel for putting the NEEDS of the client front and center (in Astrology) and for being circumspect with just what we "give" to the client.  I usually begin an astrological consultation with a question relating to previous astrological "experiences" that the client has had.  I have learned to do this because there is often a deep misconception (at least as far as what I do) and it's important to get past that and onto a clean slate from the beginning.  Believe me, I have heard some HORROR stories.  It's probably a bit more necessary here in Germany, where it is NORMAL for someone to consult an astrologer.  (no stigma attached)  In other words, many here (from my experience) have had an astrological experience of one variety or another, but RARELY is it a positive remembrance.  Many times it is bad enough that I am surprised that the client ever ventured for a follow up experience!!!

I especially "resonated" to the Hearing the Melody article.  I notice that I often say to myself to stop THINKING/ANALYSING and to just "FEEL" what it might be like to be in the client's shoes.  (ie. to try and "gestaltingly" comprehend the chart and to metaphorically "put it on")

Music seems a natural "relation" to Astrology, since both are often very subjective!  (Don't get me wrong, the chart is OBJECTIVE, but the "translation" is often subjective.)

I read Don's comments earlier and I can see where he is coming from (in terms of the "Melody" article).

As an example, take the hauntingly beautiful song "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.  It is "heard" and remembered as a beautiful love song, an admiration for a beautiful, loved woman.  When you read the history of the song, ie. what the author was SAYING when they wrote the song, the REASON THE SONG EXISTS, you understand that it is actually tongue in cheek.  The many "you look wonderful tonight" phrasings through the song are a never-ending, required response to her (Pattie Boyd's) "uncontrolled vanity".  (Of course, it's from the author's perspective.  It is a reaction to "how do I look?"  "how do I look now?"  "...and now?"  "...and now?"  "...and NOW?")   My point is...melody/music is like that. 

Play Clair de lune for three different people.  One hears it as hauntingly beautiful.  Another is unmoved by it, while a third is reminded to put lye, a shovel, and duct tape on the shopping list.

To tie that to Astrology, I recently read an intersting article about (paraphrased) seeing the "good" in Hitler's horoscope.  The point wasn't that Hitler was good, the point was that KNOWING IT WAS HITLER'S CHART always influenced the way that his horoscope was/is read.  If we were to put Hitler's chart in with two "dummy" charts and present it to 10 very good astrologers (who can't remember/discern that it's Hitler's chart), surely some of them could find something positive to say about the CHART.  In this sense, we have ONE chart, but (at least) two very distinct "melodies."

As another example, how many Astrologers would have read O.J. Simpson's chart EXACTLY the same way 4 months before Nicole's murder as 4 months after???   It's one chart, but capable of infinite melodies.  One can hear what one wants, but it's ever the owner of the chart who ultimately CALLS THE TUNE.

Bringing it home, how many would look at Jesus' chart and hear Handel's Messiah?   Many other melodies would surely come up short, comparatively. 

;)

Thank you again, Noel.  Always food for thought.  Always.

OD'dOnLifeItself

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:54:56 AM by ODdOnLifeItself »
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Stacy

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:53:12 AM »

The New Essays are UP!

Analytical Techniques
“SA Aries Point Positioning, revisited”  (updated May 31, 2009)

Counseling Insights
“Framing and Imagination”  (updated May 31, 2009)

Notebook
“Hearing the Melody”  (updated May 31, 2009)

---Please enjoy them, and discuss...........

Noel Tyl

Everyone has commented so very eloquently on the essays this month. I can't add much ( just nod vigorously in agreement). And, I enjoyed that some of the Framing examples were quite humorous in their direct nature. I especially appreciate how quickly to the point they are --that approach gets the consultation off to a stimulating and unique beginning.

Question: 8th house = "society's values".  Using derivative houses I am guessing? I've never heard that  ???.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 06:08:57 AM »

Thank you for the kind words, Stacy.

Yes, the 8th House being the second of the 7th, is, psychodynamically, the "other person's" self-worth, that whole spectrum.  That's why we see "inheritance" there, loans, etc.  --And it extends to include society's values, the 7th being the public, society.  In this case, "welfare" may be a better orientation; and vocatonally, "healing others", alternative healing methodologies dedicated to the improvement of others.

Noel Tyl
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:23:50 AM by Noel Tyl »
Noel Tyl

Offline Stacy

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 06:34:45 AM »

Thank you for the kind words, Stacy.

Yes, the 8th House being the second of the 7th, is, psychodynamically, the "other person's" self-worth, that whole spectrum.  That's why we see "inheritance" there, loans, etc.  --And it extends to include society's values, the 7th being the public, society.  In this case, "welfare" may be a better orientation; and vocatonally, "healing others", alternative healing methodologies dedicated to the improvement of others.

Noel Tyl

Thank you, Noel.

It really is amazing how much can be gleaned from basic, natal astrology!

Stacy

"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:31 AM »

And further to polish the lens of simplification:

please see Archives in the "Notebook" Department:

Select June 30, 2006 --The Power of Simplification

and

Select June 30, 2004 --Finding the Statue within

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline Stacy

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:58:01 AM »

And further to polish the lens of simplification:

please see Archives in the "Notebook" Department:

Select June 30, 2006 --The Power of Simplification

and

Select June 30, 2004 --Finding the Statue within

Noel Tyl

Refreshing reminders!

Thank you, Noel.

Stacy

Offline Monica Mandar

• Monica Mandar Astrology
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 06:04:54 AM »
Dear Noel,

Thank you for the three excellent essays. Each one is so enriching and important in expanding our skill as Astrologers. Please know your time spent each month on bringing forward these essays is very much appreciated.

“SA Aries Point Positioning” is fascinating to me every time I spot it in my client’s charts. My client has SA Moon (r3) arcing to AP. Her natal Moon is conjunct IC in the 4th House. My client’s face lit up during the consultation when I told her that she is going to establish emotional bonds with others via communications, especially through her profession, which is going to be a very gratifying & an uplifting experience for her spirit. Why did her face light up? Yes, we are talking about a Moon in Leo, ruling the 3rd and positioned so strongly on an angle. And there is more. This natal Moon is conjunct the Nodal Axis and directly opposed Jupiter conjunct MC in the 10th. And then Jupiter is conjunct Mercury in the 10th. Oh! There was so much excitement in the room from just discussing this AP measurement. She is a teacher in the field of spiritual disciplines and is planning to really take her efforts up a few notches.

Natal Jupiter rules her 7th and 8th houses and when I mentioned uplifting times for her husband, she immediately agreed. Her 4th being his 10th of career definitely suggested stuff for him as well. He was expecting to be promoted to a project in London and the family was planning to take off with him on the international trip. This was his first international professional break.

As always, I have enjoyed these essays very much.

Kind Regards,

Monica Mandar