Author Topic: Paul Ryan back in the news  (Read 3229 times)

Offline pdw

Paul Ryan back in the news
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:19:46 PM »
Paul Ryan is back in the news, big time – unintentionally but emphatically - with T Jupiter-T Mars  promoting (conjunct) his positive natal Node-MC reputation with his colleagues, and their public call for him to run for House Speaker. Clearly, whether he runs or not, a vote of confidence in his leadership skills and professional value - with T Pluto, in his 2nd House, validating (conjunct-trine) his MC-ruling N Mercury- MC trine.

Check out the significant timing, new individual focus or challenge suggested by transiting Saturn conjunct his politically oriented natal Neptune-ASC in Sagittarius. Plus we’re in the window of a potential lunar trigger in Ryan’s chart - highlighting hopes, wishes, and personal fulfillment - on Monday, Oct. 12: when the New Moon at 19 Libra, in Ryan’s 11th House (group activity), conjuncts his socially conscious N Moon (24 Libra). Could be a memorable and exciting day for him (with T Uranus also triggered at 19 Aries).

Well, well, well, apparently Ryan is going to take the weekend to consider it…We’ll see what he reveals on Monday.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:28:07 PM by pdw »

Offline pdw

Re: Paul Ryan back in the news
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 02:59:13 PM »
Thank you, Starknight, for the positive feedback. I appreciate it.

I don't know about others but Astrology writing is a slow hard process for me...that I love and can't resist. When an idea takes hold I just hammer away at it, wrestling with meanings and words that will shape it into something that makes sense (to me, at least).

I feel like I learn so much this way, which is why I encourage you to: Write on, Starknight!  ;)

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:36:38 AM »
Solar Arcs July 4, 2017

SAs                                                Midpoints

MC=Jupiter                    Uranus/Neptune; Uranus/Ascendant
Mars(q)=Jupiter
Sun-Venus=Pluto               Uranus/MC; Uranus/NN
Mercury(q)=MC                  Sun/Moon; Moon/Venus

Midpoint

Mercury=Saturn/Pluto

The inner workings of the Speaker seem well paired with the machinations of the House. He is the 54th speaker of the House, mirroring the numerical image of the 45th President, which suggests to me that this “intervention” we are living through is momentous. Mathematically, the progressive agenda doesn’t add up which has been the rally cry all along for staunch conservatives. But even the mythic lore of Raegan fell abysmally short in an attempt for a grand reset and a "Better Way"http://abetterway.speaker.gov/. Whether or not the way is better certainly depends on your perspective.

Ryan has the tools to get Trump’s ducks in a row and bring along his constituents. Pluto crossed his MC ruler in 2015 and 2016 at 15 Capricorn demanding new perspectives and his persuasive powers were piqued to new highs. We saw the chameleon go with the flow as the Republican Party was taken over by the rebel forces of Uranus. But he only allied with the President after the fact, and somewhat awkwardly. His loyalty is being questioned now as a tape has emerged http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/13/exclusive-audio-emerges-of-when-paul-ryan-abandoned-donald-trump-i-am-not-going-to-defend-donald-trump-not-now-not-in-the-future/ where he denounces Trump. Neptune on his ascendant I think enables Ryan to wear whatever masks will help him do the job and he succeeded masterfully shifting from foe to friend of the new administration. Now he must convince the fringe to follow along and accept a diluted healthcare bill that is in trouble.

Interestingly, Ryan’s natal Jupiter-Saturn opposition is being nudged by powerful Solar Arcs and midpoint pictures. The Speaker's needs to prove himself and is likely acutely aware of what is at stake. His entire purpose and power hangs in the balance. Arbitrarily using a July 4 date, the MC arcs to Jupiter as does Mars (by quindecile aspect). The call for his ouster by party loyalists may fall short or is perhaps political showmanship. Ryan has got a bit of Uranus tied up in his chart too and will not go down without a fight, where Jupiter forms the midpoint pictures Jupiter=Uranus/Neptune; Uranus/Ascendant, he got “Good luck coming out of nowhere; rejuvenation of spirit,” and is “Working feverishly to earn recognition.” Even without the subtleties of the midpoint pictures MC=Jupiter speaks volumes for the speaker. Bringing in the necessary energy of Mars to scene suggests a certain quickness and agility that the speaker must put on display in order to not get fried like an egg by his own team.

With Ryan’s idealism and values betrayed he runs the risk of being incongruent but failing to compromise he runs the risk of losing. He made a big deal about Republican values back when the Hollywood tapes were release and put his money where his mouth was by abandoning Trump. Now he is orchestrating the new but flawed healthcare bill.

I’m amazed that Ryan has survived this far under the brutal pass of transiting Puto across his Mercury, which is part of the midpoint picture Mercury=Saturn/Pluto. Surely he was in a very dark place as his entire future seemed to be imploding as the Trump phenomena emerged and ascended against reason.

Sun-Venus arcs to Pluto and he is in full awareness of his position. Pluto is part of the midpoint picture Pluto=Uranus/MC. Ryan should in no way be taken lightly even if he appears off balance by his pivot to the “dark side” in support of a man he said he would never support, who represents something which is “against all Republican values.” This astrological set up suggests “extraordinary power-drive to win success” and Trump has this weird antennae that seems to tune into this frequency. Despite pressure from House Freedom Caucus members, Breitbart cognoscenti, and rogue Senators, I think Trump stays with Ryan. If he doesn't he may be sabotaging himself, which also would not be a surprise. Ryans arcs and transits suggest near term there is support.

Mercury=MC, by quindecile aspect like Mars to Jupiter. The MC part of the midpoint pictures MC= Sun/Moon; Moon/Venus. I didn’t know what you meant by “happy Midheaven” pdw, but these pictures certainly add some color to your statement. Whether Mercury prevails as the planner extraordinaire and suffers fools gladly for over thinking matters remains to be seen.

All the best,

HVA

Saturn will move into Ryan's second house January 2018 and remain there, retrograding June through November 2019. He will need to accomplish his goals NOW else he will be vulnerable to one flank or the other coming back at him for revenge. A sort of Boehner redux?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:50:29 AM by Hudson Valley Astrologer »

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:04:47 AM »
45 and 54. Hmmm.

Casting out nines leaves 0. Perfect!

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:35:52 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/13/paul-ryan-promises-a-bloodbath-if-republicans-dont-pass-his-health-care-bill/

"Paul Ryan promises a ‘bloodbath’ if Republicans don’t pass his health care bill"

Republicans have the power to pass almost any legislation they want to. Let it not be too soon but soon enough to have their base know that it has hurt them before the midterm elections.

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/blue-state-voters-in-general-subsidize-southern-red-state-voters-not-the-other-way-around

“These high percentages of income tax non-filing are indicative of blue states being much more likely to subsidize red states than the other way around. Yet, every election, the myth that white rural voters are paying to prop up poor people of color in cities is trotted out”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-liberal-states-won-americas-tax-experiment_us_584e19a2e4b0bd9c3dfd4e67

Why Liberal States Won America’s Tax Experiment

According to conservative doctrine, Kansas and Texas ought to be booming, and California ought to be in the pits.

12/11/2016 10:36 pm ET
Robert Reich

“Actually, it’s just the opposite.”

“So the next time you hear a conservative say “low taxes, few regulations, and low wages are the keys to economic business-friendly success,” just remember Kansas, Texas, and California.

The conservative formula is wrong.”

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
An astrological drip, drip, drip will sweep the GOP out of power after the midterm and general elections of 2018 and 2020. The biggest blow may come in January 2020 just 10 months before the general election.

Their health care package will be the foundation for that event. If they pass it but delay it's implementation they will be seen as purposely trying to hide its abominable effects on the voting public until too late to be experienced much before they vote in 2020. If that is the case I expect Democrats would incessantly inform voters of that.

http://gizmodo.com/report-white-houses-own-analysis-of-trumpcare-is-even-1793246662

"In the run-up to today’s release of the Congressional Budget Office’s analysis of the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, the Trump administration did everything it could to preemptively discredit what the CBO would find."

"According to a report from Politico, the administration ran its own estimations of how many people would lose insurance under the American Health Care Act. Reporters from the outlet say they were able to see an undated copy of that document today and it finds that 26 million people would lose coverage over the next 10 years. That’s two million more than the CBO forecast."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/24-million-more-uninsured-under-gop-obamacare-replacement_us_58c6ebb2e4b0598c6698b098

24 Million People Stand To Lose Insurance Under GOP Obamacare 'Replacement'
Donald Trump had promised "insurance for everybody."

By Jeffrey Young
03/13/2017 04:15 pm ET

"... according to a Congressional Budget Office and Joint Committee on Taxation report published Monday."

"The American Health Care Act, conceived by House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and endorsed by President Donald Trump, ..."

Of course they ran the numbers before the release of the CBO report and knew it was going to give them a black eye. The progressed inauguration chart had its Saturn/Pluto midpoint on its descendant Saturday. When the Congressional Budget Office and Joint Committee on Taxation report was published Monday House leaders immediately raced into damage control mode. They are running scared knowing that their plan will hurt the poorest of voters, that is, their base in the Red states, the most and they will have ample time to suffer before the midterm and general elections to come.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:11:28 AM by unique_astrology »

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 11:41:19 AM »
In 2020, those Capricorn planets will be squaring Trump's natal venus which rules his 10th house, and his natal Saturn.  Transiting pluto aspecting natal Saturn is a very negative aspect  AMY

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:46:56 AM »
Good stuff UA,

Thanks!

The mantra from the right is choice, competition and letting the market work. Somehow the fact that the AMA and healthcare complex are a cartel is absent from the discussion. So any magical price reduction from "so called" competition will be limited. Never mind the other policy snafus that promise to push up the cost of living from immigration to BAT laws on trade. My thought is that if you aren't going to replace with something better, then just repeal. I think that would be better than repeal and replace with something inferior. Or better yet, why not expend political capital on the coveted infrastructure build and tax reform first? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

Interestingly, Trump came out with a statement just now that the cost will be driven down BUT that it will take time.

These are the Senators from the Breitbart piece who may derail the proposed plan: Sens. Paul, Mike Lee (R-UT), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), James Lankford (R-OK), Dean Heller (R-NV), Susan Collins (R-ME), Ted Cruz (R-TX), and Ben Sasse (R-NE)

BUT Ryan's chart suggests to me that he is somehow able to corral the necessary votes even though the odds on favorite is for the legislation to be DOA. If he does pull off an upset, in keeping with the cosmic trend, I think your scenario has merit.

Then there is that ever so hopeful tax reform and Keynesian steroid injection. Delayed for sure, the ice cap is melting faster than the administration is taking shape. When they get to it it may only be a gesture of what it was intended to be. Markets are not going to like it.

To the "9s" they speak of an intervention point. We see the best analogs in time with the Kennedy assassination 11/22/1963 and the Nixon re-election in 1972. 9 years apart and very close in proximity on the circle. Since we are 45 years from Nixon's re-election we may witness, indeed we ARE witnessing, a similar "unmasking of degenerate forces."  Watergate commenced soon after his re-election. Remember the missing 18 (9) minutes on the tape? The "self-undoing" appears especially ripe for the taking given the current circumstances. Watergate has (9) letters and 27 (9) House Committee members voted for impeachment. You get the idea  ;) Anyway, accordingly the most treacherous part of the curve will be September to October 2018. Haven't squared this with transits or progression yet but hope to soon...

Best,

HVA

P.S. Trump won the Presidency in 2016 (9)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:51:19 AM by Hudson Valley Astrologer »

Offline pdw

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
Good comments, Tim. I appreciate your take and the opportunity to review Paul Ryan’s chart.

I’m amazed that Ryan has survived this far under the brutal pass of transiting Puto across his Mercury, which is part of the midpoint picture Mercury=Saturn/Pluto. Surely he was in a very dark place as his entire future seemed to be imploding as the Trump phenomena emerged and ascended against reason.

I don't know, I think Ryan is a fighter who doesn't shy away from competition or challenge (Natal 5th-ruling Aries Mars opposes his natal Pluto; and trines his ASC)...though perhaps he's intuitively wary (N Neptune at ASC) of his boss's own Mars-fueled Ascendant, i.e., President Trump's N Mars-ASC conjunction.

But more to the point, because transiting Pluto also triggers (trine) Ryan’s MC and generally references his natal 10th Pluto (leadership potential), I think there’s good reason to anticipate a professional rise to prominence, authority, power – a dynamic career thrust – during this transit.

Not sure if Ryan feels like this is a brutal, dark period, as you suggest, but I imagine it certainly is not an easy period for him – either on the job or with his boss (both referenced by his natal Pluto). Additionally emphasizing career matters,  transiting Saturn is challenging (squaring) Ryan’s natal Pluto, in Virgo and his 10th House, which may reflect – demand – extreme hard work, intense focus on details  and…willingness to professionally change, transform, or accept a(n imperfect) compromise. Perhaps with his intuitive natal Pluto-Neptune-ASC sextile now triggered, he will be open to the delicate balance needed to get the bill passed.

(As astrology would have it ;)) with T Mars activating (conjunct-opposing) his N Saturn-N Jupiter opposition, the proposed healthcare bill was officially released this week along with the start of Ryan’s promotion and defense of it. I’m watching these dates for possible related activity:

-First week of April – when T Mars (in Taurus and Ryan’s 6th House) will trine Ryan’s MC and trine transiting Pluto conjunct his N Mercury (in Capricorn and his 2nd House) forming a – very results-oriented – transiting Earth Grand Trine in Ryan’s work houses. Perhaps reflecting a boost in his public role and/or significant development regarding the healthcare bill?

- Mid-April – when T Mars, in Gemini and at his DSC, will energize communication and interaction with others while triggering (opposing) his natal Neptune-ASC conjunction - possibly reflecting some kind of showdown, disagreement or misunderstanding. 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:39:37 PM by pdw »

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »
pdw,

Thanks for those markers... I will follow along with you...

I should have cleaner in my post regarding Ryan "difficulties" under the influence of Pluto transiting his MC ruler Mercury in 2, part of the the midpoint picture Mercury=Saturn/Pluto

The transit in question already passed so my suggestion of him struggling mightily was from March 2016 to the very end of October 2016. It was in this period where he began to distance himself from Trump AND speak out. More importantly perhaps he avoided joint appearances in a sort of psychological banishment of Trump and was critical of his character. At the time I thought "wow, what a principled so and so." The contingency fully behind Trump put on a full court press to take his gavel. I suppose we aren't privy to all the machinations just yet, being that microwave technology has really advanced as far as Kelly Ann Conway suggests, but I think the heat was on and it may have had a large affect on him. As he's fought his way back to power he's appeared awkward to me somehow, like some of the air seeped out and left him. But I love your description of the fighter. The fight actually seems to energize him. He needs a win and I think he'll come through.

Trump would be mistaken in my opinion to diss him.

Best,

HVA

Offline pdw

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 04:25:48 AM »
Forced to withdraw their unpopular healthcare bill before the official vote, yesterday reflected a major failure for President Trump, the Republicans, Speaker Paul Ryan and his bill, of course).

Assuming Ryan had control of electing the day of the vote, his astrologer might have suggested he steer clear of yesterday's transiting Mars potential for a disagreeable, frustrating, or difficult showdown in his chart (with T Mars tightly squaring his natal Sun-Venus) and Trump's chart (with T Mars squaring his natal Pluto).   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:48:42 AM by pdw »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
Nice points to make about Ryan's transits, though I wonder what's going on with Sen. Graham today as he is being booed on a stage in S. Carolina after slamming Obamacare... :o

DT claimed there would be so much winning that we (the people) would become bored with winning. !    It's time for he and his supporters to re-read the definition of hubris as T Mercury (separating aspect) opposes Jupiter (excess; pride)...

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.