Author Topic: One Diet Soda A Day Equals Stroke, Dementia  (Read 268 times)

Offline Halina

One Diet Soda A Day Equals Stroke, Dementia
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:17:35 AM »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/04/21/study-links-diet-soda-to-higher-risk-of-stroke-dementia/?utm_term=.21aabc94f8dc

Read about the study in the above link.   Please supply birth data of people you know who drank 1 or more diet sodas a day a did/ did not develop the above..
The older the people the better.

Offline Stacy

Re: One Diet Soda A Day Equals Stroke, Dementia
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:52:53 AM »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/04/21/study-links-diet-soda-to-higher-risk-of-stroke-dementia/?utm_term=.21aabc94f8dc

Read about the study in the above link.   Please supply birth data of people you know who drank 1 or more diet sodas a day a did/ did not develop the above..
The older the people the better.

How about ME!  hah--I drank a diet soda each day for probably years,
Still do, but switch to real coke or ice-T, whatever is available. See: am still tickin' despite everything --weird.   But you should delete my response if something surprising happens and I am not here to do it.  ;D.

Stacy
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:33:18 PM »
This is a cross post as I had just posted it on another site. I am 76. You could count the diet sodas I drank in my lifetime up until about 2 years ago on 1 hand and perhaps have a finger left over.

I do simple math in my head in split seconds (surprised a friend when I calculated the time it took a pitch to reach the batter in the glorious Cubs World Series in my head in just seconds - he used a scientific calculator) but have in recent times left the keys in my apartment door, left the keys in the mailbox door with it wide open, forgotten to buy something I had thought of just minutes before while in a store, forgotten something I was going to post, forgotten what I was going to post as I was in the act of posting it, left the door to the refrigerator wide open, turned the coffee maker on without having the pot in place (had just rinsed it out and set it on the counter - luckily the hissing of coffee on the plate alerted me), hard stuff for a guy who once memorized a complete chess board in a tournament game that was suspended (playing in a high school lunchtime) then went home that day and figured the next best moves by both sides to a 7 move win (for me), have forgotten what I was talking about as I was having a conversation.

I was born in Kansas but I never met Dorothy or Toto (a girl and her dog in case you have forgotten).

Added: I also think those of us who grew up in the 40s and 50s perhaps have stronger immune systems as ours were not subjected to added chemicals in the food we ate or "Franken Foods" until time went on. I might be wrong but so what?

And the King of rock and roll could sing one hell of a love song.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:14:12 AM by unique_astrology »

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
Hello All.

With a Pisces ASC I can sometimes become a little too couch-potato-ee and therefore, on occasion, a couple of Diet Cokes will be consumed to fight the stupor.

It's a little stimulative kick and I find it works...but I could never indulge on a daily basis as it would make me sick.

However, I have a friend who consumes a liter of Diet Coke every morning to start her day. It wakes her up. She does not drink coffee.

Food and beverage, diet and digestion, are ruled by Moon and Venus. In my friend's case, she has Venus square Uranus (in Cancer) and Moon parallel Uranus by declination...the need for stimulation and a craving to ingest soda to provide instant energy...and a reluctance to prepare, sit and savour a home-cooked meal on a regular basis.

I think Uranus is the key here.

Remember, in the natural horoscope, Uranus-Aquarius (r. 11) inconjuncts Moon-Cancer (r. 4) so there is a natural incompatibility here between eating at home, slowly, with family; and a peripatetic lifestyle of always being on the go and eating out at fast food restaurants or take-out.

People with strong Uranus-Aquarius in their charts will often have this struggle with a poor diet that catches up with them in middle-age. For them, life is full of too many exciting possibilities beyond the home and kitchen. Whatever can be grabbed quickly will do.

Any wonder then, that America, with its Cancer Sun and Aquarius Moon, is ground zero for this type of conflict.

Regards,
Dean Bensics
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:45:12 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 03:22:40 AM »
People with strong Uranus-Aquarius in their charts will often have this struggle with a poor diet that catches up with them in middle-age. For them, life is full of too many exciting possibilities beyond the home and kitchen. Whatever can be grabbed quickly will do.

Fits me to a T but without the poor diet catching up with me. I am now 76. Aquariun Sun (Jan 25), Uranus (22°10' Taurus) trine natal MC (21°42' Virgo)

Having a skin problem for the last year but doctor did not tie it to my poor diet. Only sleep about 4 hours at a stretch but that is probably tied to drinking two 10 cup pots of coffee each day. Quit smoking after 55 years (2 packs a day at the time) over 5 years ago (cold, with urges for only a few months after) and still can enjoy a beer or a few but can go more than a year before I get a taste or go out with an ex significant other to indulge.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:34:23 AM by unique_astrology »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »
Hmm ...Well, I'm an Aquarius Sun with Uranus exactly conjunct the Ascendant, and I never drink diet pop.  I almost never drink any pop at all; I did have quite a thing for Coke when I was in my teens, but got over it eventually after discovering coffee and wine at university.  Now I'm trying to kick them!  (I've got a BAD acid reflux problem).