Author Topic: Ascendant and Relocating  (Read 364 times)

Offline Stacy

Ascendant and Relocating
« on: April 21, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
Would someone please discuss for me why the ASC is relevant in moving/relocating?

I no longer have my vast astrology library as a resource, and am not picking up anything via Google, so far.

My memory is failing me---maybe I should respond to Halina's new medical post that I drink a diet soda (or other soft drink) each day...

thanks,
Stacy  ;)
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
Re: Ascendant and Relocating
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 06:21:45 AM »
It's the angles that are important - period. When relocating, you play close attention to areas where a natal planet moves to an angle at the new location. That's all.

Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Stacy

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:17:08 AM »
Thanks, Kathy, but I could have sworn Noel, in particular, stressed the importance of a planet or aspect hitting the ASC during times of relocation and sudden moves (besides the obvious IC). 

And, not talking about the TP Moon hitting an angle; regarding the natal chart.

Stacy
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:18:57 AM by Stacy »
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
Stace, the ASC is your immediate environment. Noel often pointed out that Tr. Uranus=ASC often reflected a change in the immediate environment, hence a move.

Regards,
Dean Bensics

Offline amymaddalozzo

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
When I moved  to florida,  SA sun was applying to natal uranus and transiting uranus was opposed natal uranus and squaring the Mc/IC point  AMY

Offline Stacy

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
Stace, the ASC is your immediate environment. Noel often pointed out that Tr. Uranus=ASC often reflected a change in the immediate environment, hence a move.

Regards,
Dean Bensics

Bingo! -- thanks, Dean. That's what I was thinking of :).

Offline Stacy

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 01:29:24 PM »
When I moved  to florida,  SA sun was applying to natal uranus and transiting uranus was opposed natal uranus and squaring the Mc/IC point  AMY

And loosely square your ASC/DSC.
No to mention a double dose of Uranus.  That would do it !

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »
Oh - Sorry Stacy - I thought you were asking about why the angles were important in relocation astrology (astrocartography).

The reason angles are almost always involved during a major move is simply this - the four angles in the chart are the most sensitive. There is nearly always involvement through contact from SA or outer planet transit when a major move takes place. Many times it will be the ASC that is activated for a move - but it is also very common for the MC or IC to have a hit.

We can advance that thought and say that the angles are involved in all of the biggest life events - nearly every time!! The most powerful contact obviously is from the conjunction. Squares can also activate a big change... but the conjunction is the atomic bomb of aspects! BIG blast of energy.

Secondarily look to the ruler of an angle - especially receiving a conjunction by SA or outer planet transit. Many people ignore the significance from the ruler of an angle being activated.

Kathy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:08:11 PM by Kathy Rose »
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Stacy

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
Sorry, just saw your comments, Kathy.

Yep, - for me the IC and ASC take the biggest hits, historically.
And yes, rulerships are especially important, for me because Uranus rules the 4th and is cj the 10th---can't get away from it's influence !  ;).

thnx,
Stacy