Author Topic: Neptune square natal Neptune  (Read 2346 times)

Offline adol33

Neptune square natal Neptune
« on: July 21, 2017, 11:46:21 AM »

Most of us are aware of this so-called mid-life aspect, which usually comes in our late 30's or early 40's along with the Uranus opposition. I personally underwent a breakup with my partner of 15 years when it hit me back in 2001.

Chester Bennington, lead singer of the band Linkin Park, was born on March 20, 1976. His Sun at about half a degree of Aries was hard squared to his Sun-ruler Mars at 1 Cancer. He was physically bullied in high school. In an interview, he said, "I was knocked around like a rag doll at school".

In another interview, he said, "There's something inside me that pulls me down." Perhaps this had something to do with this aspect, as was this Wikipedia entry of a man (Mars) victimizing him (Sun)  : Bennington and his wife were harassed by a cyberstalker named Devon Townsend for almost a year. Townsend was found guilty of tampering with the couple's email, as well as sending threatening messages, and was later sentenced to two years in prison.

Also attributable to this aspect were the following comments made about him: "His cleanly articulated tales of emotional struggle gave millions the sense that someone understood them", and "Bennington's voice embodied the anguish and wide-ranging emotions of the lyrics, from capturing life's vulnerable moments to the fury and catharsis found in his belted screams, which he would often move between at the turn of a dime."

When he was born, Neptune was at exactly 13 Sag 57. Sadly, with all respect and for purely educational purposes this post is made, he committed suicide yesterday. Neptune was at exactly 13 Pis 57. Not even an arc minute off. How humbling and scary astrology can be.

Offline adol33

Re: Neptune square natal Neptune
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:44:11 AM »
Just noticed South African singer Johannes Kerkorrel, born March 22, 1960, also had tx Neptune (8Aqu20) square his natal Neptune (8Sco34) when he committed suicide, also by hanging on November 12, 2002.  Note that Jupiter was conjunct his natal Uranus at the time, so this aspect is not always beneficial (Sun square Jupiter in natal - 4 degrees).

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Adol,

Thanks for that post. Sad to hear whenever we lose such talent, but even sadder to hear another life being lost to suicide.

Neptune certainly describes the disoriented state of mind. That is the state of mind suggested in some of Noel's writings (see the essay section). Interesting that the transit would be so exact AND so symbolic of the event. And so sad.

HVA

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
adol33, that is a heartfelt post for Chester B.  Astrotheme has a time for him, so I've posted it below.  They never document their source or anything, but it looks right.  Notice that the eclipse in August was smack on his MC.  There was a solar arc of MC to Pluto, and a solar arc of Pluto to his ASC in July, so he definitely was going through questions about his work and his value and contribution to the world from on stage and with his music.   Transiting Uranus was conjunct to his Jupiter at his death.  Such agitation about his self worth at that time.  When I looked at his chart I said to myself "I bet his dad was a military type hard-driving guy. ...because of the Sun square Mars in the chart and very wide opposition to Pluto which would nevertheless have arced to oppose his Sun at age 10 or so...and his parents were divorced at age 11.....which I learned on wiki along with he fact that his father was a police vice worker, sexual abuse department (rough stuff). 

Chester's chart suggests that his life felt like a constant buzz to him...   Anyway, too bad he didn't seek a good astrologer such as Noel (or me) before he gave up on life.  Poor guy.  I liked his work.   

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 12:00:02 PM »
Could someone please identify the glyph @ 13:25 Aries.

Thanks,

Don
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 02:39:02 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_symbols

Don,

That symbol represent "Eris." As you know I am not versed in these secondary symbols but I do find them intriguing and marvel at the passion some astrologer express when discussing them...

I guess Eris symbolizes a type of composite energy of Pluto, Mars and Venus. I dated a girl in college once who I think was similarly composed. Seriously lucky but only briefly. Then I was lucky a second time to get out of there alive. LOLOL..

I've attached another interesting glyph which wiki suggests is the symbol for Uranus but for which I disagree. A different perspective assume the glyph attached symbolizes Pluto. The higher equivalent of Mars and the beginning and end point of the Sun, if we consider the circularity of the cosmos and time as a measure of equivalence. So, the Sun=Jupiter=Pluto in essence in that both the Sun and Jupiter emit more energy than they consume (according to scientists) and Pluto become closest to the Sun in the metaphysical sense of completing the circle (sorry that last phrase must really insult your Virgoan sensibilities). I do find the theme for this glyph attached to be quite expressive however in terms of how we manage our energies.

Hope you are well Don...

HVA

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
Hi Don.  I overlooked that I left Eris in there.   Thanks for pointing that out.  I was doing some research on Eris, and forgot to remove it.  It doesn't seem to be especially significant in Chester's chart.