Author Topic: Hurricane Maria  (Read 483 times)

Online Kelly C

• Comedic Asteroidic & Avid Aspect Looker Upper
Hurricane Maria
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »
Maria is due to hit Puerto Rico by Wednesday.  Using geocentric latitude, Puerto Rico will have vertical arc Neptune (floods) square natal MC, applying within just 2 and a half minutes.  This harsh aspect activates Puerto Rico's fourth house of land and buildings, which are expected to get slammed.
I can't think of a more fitting aspect for a hurricane.

Note that Solar Fire calls vertical arc vertex arc.

Marjorie Orr's 1952 Puerto Rico chart is an hour later than the Astrotheme chart I used.  So if she has the correct chart, then I'll have to pull an "Emily Litella" and say, "Nevermind!"

If you're interested in the Vertex, there's another example in the "Famous" section.  If you're not interested in the Vertex, my example is still there!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:51:24 PM by Kelly C »
Please help the planet by using a few dollar sign canvas bags when making a quick stop at the bank.

And please use a solar powered golf cart to flee the scene.

When electing a chart for an important occasion, be sure to fortify the Ascendant, especially with riboflavin!

Online Kelly C

Re: Hurricane Maria
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »
Readers are welcome to comment.  I'm not going to fly off the handle again.  But I could conceivably gingerly climb down from the handle!  You see, I cherish my sixties shimmering evening gowns and red wigs, hence, my use of "gingerly."

Since I'm usually so mellow, I felt that something was amiss.  Sure enough, at the time of my tirade, my natal Ascendant was being conjoined by the asteroid "Hissy Fit."
Of course, I'm kidding.  It was actually parallel.  Where's Buddy Rich when I need him?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:27:10 PM by Kelly C »
Please help the planet by using a few dollar sign canvas bags when making a quick stop at the bank.

When electing a chart for an important occasion, be sure to fortify the Ascendant, especially with riboflavin!

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 03:59:46 PM »
 :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :)

I would post a laughing crying emoji but there isn't one  >:(

Love it...

HVA

Online Kelly C

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »
Thanks HVA!

I would expect major Uranus involvement but all I found was transiting Uranus parallel natal Mercury.  Though Mercury and Uranus are both "wind planets", I'm not sure that transit is relevant because I'm a hurricane newbie.

I just enrolled in a local community college course: "Hurricane Astrology for Newbies."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:43:36 PM by Kelly C »

Online Kelly C

Re: Oops! Wrong Chart!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 11:38:57 PM »
Astrotheme apparently had the wrong time zone so I used the wrong chart.

Imaginary astrology chart analysis is an unjustly neglected art form!  I'm leading the way!

So my analysis was incorrect.   Of course, now, in order to avoid further humiliation brought on by my faux pas, I'll have to relocate and assume a new identity!

Of course, that's ridiculous.  The real reason the chart is an hour off is that it was intentionally botched by the intelligence agent I planted at Astrotheme.  You see, an attention starved Leo will go to great lengths to create opportunities for joke telling!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:41:52 PM by Kelly C »

Online Kelly C

Re: Incredible!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
Astrotheme didn't list the time zone next to 1:36 PM so I was thrown off track.  I matched the incorrect 4 degree Scorpio Ascendant listed by Astrotheme.

Using geocentric latitude,  I just checked the correct time zone (AST) 1:36 PM chart and was amazed by what I found!

In this thread's first post, I directed readers to the Karen Silkwood thread because she had converse SP Vertex square natal Vertex at the time of her 'accident.'  Because I was using an incorrect chart for Puerto Rico, I didn't know then that Puerto Rico also had converse SP Vertex square natal Vertex when Maria hit!  Puerto Rico's aspect was separating by 14 minutes so it was a weak aspect.  That's still astounding because of the speed required to reach the square.

So the converse SP Vertex was fast moving, but not as fast as Karen Silkwood's.  Her converse SP Vertex could have been pulled over by a cop for speeding.

I couldn't have told people there would be a hurricane if I had noticed the Vertex activity in advance.

If you see that you have this aspect coming up, there's no reason to get your panties in a bunch.  I'm not saying this square always manifests negatively.

When I had my accumulated solar arc semisquare at age 46, there were no developments.  But I still kept using solar arcs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:03:36 PM by Kelly C »