Author Topic: Choking scare  (Read 372 times)

Offline Dean Bensics

Choking scare
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:54:08 PM »
Hello Forum.

I had a mild choking scare at about 5 pm on October 4, 2017.

I was sitting at my desk having dinner and I swallowed a morsel of pork and felt it go down hard in my throat.

I stood up and then felt a bit unsettled as if my breathing was being cut, then a little panic set in which worsened the breathing.

I asked my colleague in the next office to call 911 and bent myself forward over a desk...then came immediate relief...and I could breath fine again. The 911 call was not made.

A little scary but nothing serious.

What I noticed when I looked at the chart of the moment was an exact Venus-Mars conjunction at 18-Virgo which is conjunct my natal Pluto and square my natal Sun, ruling the healthcare 6th.

Mars rules irritation and the process of "cutting off" and Venus rules the throat.

Regards,
Dean Bensics
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:57:22 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline Dean Bensics

Re: Choking scare
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:36 PM »
Hi Kelly...an eye "burn" - Mars.

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:43:40 AM »
Hi Dean, I had the same experience about a month ago.....thought I was going to die.    Below is the event chart....please fit the event chart around your natal chart and see more connections.     Also chew your food well before swallowing and add liquid like water after a few swallows.
     Also see your 90* tridial for the event showing midpoint tree and fortunate ending with all midpoints equal to Jupiter at the Aries Point.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:48:07 AM by Halina »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »
Just saw this Dean, and thank goodness you dodged a bullet!

I wonder if I can relate a potentially serious chronic condition I have called Achalasia, 1 in 100,00 get it. Was diagnosed a few years ago after extensive testing outside of well-known Scripps because it was so uncommon they had no tests for it! But the main symptom is I choke --on food, soup, anything I swallow. Even liquids. Not every time but ti's getting worse. There is a surgery which I won't have, and there is a treatment with botox injected into my esophagus area. Sounds more dangerous than the condition. I also have Sjogrens Syndrome secondary to other autoimmune diseases and dry mouth is a symptom. I don't know if your situation was a 1-time scare or otherwise, but it sounds like you successfully made out and diagnosed the situation.

Stacy
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
Thanks Stace and Halina (WOW!).

I've read that pork is the number one food that people choke on because it's hard and people don't chew it enough. I've learned my lesson.

Also, this Venus-Mars conjunction is blowing out my allergies...aggravating (Mars) my throat (Venus) like never before. As a result, my throat was constricted somewhat, making swallowing difficult.

Regards,
Dean Bensics
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:22:39 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »
Hi Dean,

So glad you managed to cough up that food. Thanks for explaining the astrology. My Father had a serious choking incident the night before he went in for lung surgery. There were big problems after the surgery. He had a miraculous recovery after 1 1/2 months in ICU but only lived for another year and a half because he was too weak for chemo. Both of my parents died of lung cancer within a year of each other. Pluto was transiting over my Mother's Asc and my Father's Sun.

I know someone who had such bad sinus infections last week she had a 102 degree temperature so what you say about the astrology and allergies seems to be relevant as well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:52:16 PM by In Stitches »

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
IS, the person I'm referring to in my recent post http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=8608.msg56333#msg56333 was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. It has spread to the hip, also. She's starting chemo next week.

If you have any guidance based on your experience that I can hold on to I'd appreciate it...either here on the open forum or privately.

Interestingly, Tr. Pluto = my Mercury right now (45 degrees), with Pluto stationing direct last week. My thoughts are obsessively morbid of late...just terrible.

Thanks
Dean
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:07:08 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:20:07 AM »
I think the "morbid" thoughts, Dean, are just natural as we consider our own mortality and that of loved ones. With your friend facing Stage 4 cancer, it's no surprise. I have been in that mode for years, but with Scorpio rising what do you expect!

All the best,
Stace
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »
Hi Dean, so sorry about your friend's illness. Weird. Your choking incident is sort of similar to my Father's.

It sounds like your friend has a couple of problems going on at once. Is she pretty young? There are a few different types of lung cancer. They progress at different speeds. My parents both had the slow moving type which wasn't unexpected because they were smokers. If I remember correctly, they both had squamous cell cancer.

It sounds like your friend isn't going to have surgery since you didn't mention it. I think I've heard of laser treatments now where they go in and zap the thing.

Did your friend suffer a big loss within the last 5 years? Lung Cancer (according to the Chinese who are smart) can be related to grief. Personally, I recommend homeopathy, but only with a European homeopath. She needs to start drinking bone broth.

I recommend that she get a second opinion for treatments and diagnosis. She needs to stay on top of the pain. So, she might consider acupuncture. Sorry, I"m throwing all these alternative medicines out but I met a healer once who said that you really need to attack illness from as many different directions as you can at once. I tried it on my cat who had leukemia and he got rid of it. It all depends on the patient. A Saturn-Pluto person is going to be hella strong, but there's that grief thing that they can't get out of their system. I have the trine exact -- it's still bad.

I think you want to look at the patient's Jupiter to see on the one hand if they have the Gods on her side and on the other hand if there will massive growth of anything. I didn't know anything about Eclipses when my parents were sick. Should look that up to see what got hit. Does she have any planets in Air?

Offline Stacy

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 05:54:49 PM »
Donna Cunningham's book, Healing Pluto problems, might be comforting to you right now too, Dean, with your Pluto=Me tr. and your friend's cancer.

Stace

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:51 PM »
Hi Stace - yes, the Donna C. book makes perfect sense right now. I'm going to look for it. Great idea!

Would you believe that last night I couldn't sleep and I went to a 24-hour coffee/donut shop and while I was sitting there eating and reading a man and woman walk in with a cart of clothes they wheel in to the place. They looked unkempt and I soon realize they are homeless and carrying their belongings with them. Very sad.

The man goes to the bathroom and soon after the woman follows - then she comes running out screaming that something's happened. I run in to see and he's passed out on the floor with only his eye whites showing but still breathing. 911 is called and the EMS comes to take him away - alive and moving - but the woman, when questioned, said he'd been drinking and was on opiates that night.

Near deaths are all around me with Tr. Pluto = Mercury.

Regards,
Dean Bensics

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:55 PM »
Hi IS.

My friend was born December 1955 so she has the exact Saturn-Pluto square in late fixed signs, but also, Jupiter is conjunct Pluto so a beneficial ability to heal and recover is hopefully with her also.

She's was a long-time smoker and never went to doctors for regular check-ups. It was only in the last two years after suffering with persistent colds that never seemed to go away that her family finally took her to emergency.

Interesting that you mention grief, as her long marriage ended 8 years ago and I don't believe she's fully recovered from it.

When I attempted a rectification of her chart a few years back, I put Pluto on the IC and Saturn in 6 because she was always a dedicated, hard worker...workaholic, really!

Now, with this cancer diagnoses, it is interesting that the 6th relates to a health crisis and natal Saturn (in 6) square Pluto referred to a literal "fear of doctors" negating an earlier detection.

Regards,
Dean Bensics

Offline Stacy

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
Dean,

Just saw your post, a week late, as I have been wrapped up in Scotty's death  (More Tr. Pluto = Mercury, eh?  By projection, sort of)

What a scary story, though!  I used to think only certain Pluto transits were intense, but the experiences you have been having prove that those involving a somewhat 'benign' planet can be just as intense.

Seems like a drastic measure for sleepless nights. I never have to worry about falling asleep - quite the opposite - it's staying asleep that is my problem. But maybe some chamomile tea for general soothing and relaxing until the worst of the transit passes. Haven't taken a look yet, but what pass are you on?

BTW, do you have siblings?

Take care,
Stace

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 01:22:16 PM »
Hi Stace.

The most intense Pluto transit I ever experienced was Tr. Pluto conjunct natal Mercury in the mid-1990s.

The current Tr. Pluto semi-square natal Mercury 21 years later is an echo of that conjunction with some of the same repeating themes which is very interesting.

Why Mercury? My natal Mercury has no hard aspects and a nice trine to Jupiter. Maybe because it rules two angles in my chart - the IC and DSC.

I have no siblings but an interesting story...

In late 1978, when Pluto was at 18-Libra, again semi-squaring my Mercury, my mother thought she was pregnant at age 40. She freaked and informed me that I may be having a sibling when I was already almost 12 years old. Then, quiet, and nothing more was spoken about it. My father was marched in to get a vasectomy soon after. I always wondered if it was a false alarm or some "other" intervention. I never asked and I remember it being an intense time.

Regards,
Dean Bensics
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:23:50 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
Hmm Dean, that "quiet" after your parents' late-life pregnancy scare sounds suspicious; more along the lines of Pluto = Mercury, certainly. Secrecy and possible "intervention". My initial reaction, anyway!