Author Topic: Book by Noel Tyl no longer available?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Book by Noel Tyl no longer available?
« on: October 06, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »
I have quite a few of Noel Tyl's books, but I don't have Synthesis & Counseling in Astrology: The Professional Manual.  I finally decided to get it, and discovered that it is apparently impossible to come by.  It doesn't seem to be out of print, but it's not available as an eBook, and when I tried to order it online it says it's out of stock online, and is not available in stores. 

Is it really not possible to get hold of a copy of this book?  I don't like using library books; I prefer to have my own copy that I can mark up at will.  Anyone know when it will be available online again?

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Book by Noel Tyl no longer available?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 06:45:57 AM »
Good to know that Noel's book is getting so popular that it is out of stock.  Sounds like you hate the idea of ordering a used one.  If I were you, I would phone Llewellyn and ask them how soon amazon or your local book store can get copies.  Also, you might try phoning local book stores anyway, because there just might be one on the shelf.   Good luck to you. 

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 07:01:28 AM »
Hi Barbara,

You're right, I don't like used books; I'm a bit OCD that way.  Good suggestions; thanks very much.

Pam

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
As of just now Abe Books has 3 new and Amazon has 2. Both carry several used that may be clean.

I mark up all of my books, too ;).

Stacy
"It is not possible for us to know each other except as we manifest ourselves in distorted shadows to the eyes of others. We do not even know ourselves; therefore, why should we judge a neighbor? Who knows what pain is behind virtue, and what fear behind vice?..."  SENECA

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »
Thank you, Stacy; will check it out.

Pam

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 06:35:27 AM »
The day before yesterday I finally received my brand new copy of the book; I had decided to give it to myself as a belated Christmas present.  I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Offline Halina

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 06:43:09 AM »
Hi Pam, try these sites:
1.  www.addall.com/used....there are 8 of these available....click on all 8 for a description of their condition.   I have often found books in good shape here.   Avoid the one that say "underlining on some pages".   Pick the one in the best condition.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:00:56 AM by Halina »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 07:31:31 AM »
Thank you, Halina.  I have the book now, but will certainly bear the sites you mention in mind for future reference.

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 07:39:46 AM »
Hi Pam, would you mind disclosing the source where you found the Tyl book....i.e. www. ???
Sometimes I can't find a "new" book either.....so your site might prove valuable in this regard.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 09:50:31 PM »
I mark up my books, too.  But I can deal with used books--if the prior owners' notes don't interfere with the books' content too egregiously.  A couple years ago, I couldn't find my copy of Prediction in Astrology, one of my personal favorites--and I bought another...a used copy, no less.  Apparently, Llewellyn has not reprinted that title.  Too bad--it's severely underrated!

I also own A 1951 copy of the "A to Z"--autographed by Llewellyn George, himself.

Don Borkowski
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 06:16:28 AM »
Hi Halina,

I ordered the book from Indigo (Chapters).  They had brand new copies, and the shipping fee was totally reasonable.  In fact, the book was being discounted about ten bucks, maybe because of Christmas.  I was very glad I had not gone and ordered from Amazon which also had the book, but the fees for shipping, etc., were ridiculous; it was going to cost me over $100 altogether for the book!  Indigo was definitely the way to go.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:21:05 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 06:18:23 AM »
Hi Don,

Interesting that you mention Prediction in Astrology; I've just been looking into ordering a copy of that, too.  Only used copies available, apparently; but given your recommendation, I think I will go ahead and order a copy.

Offline Halina

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 08:45:53 AM »
Hi Pam, get an AMAZON.CA credit card.....all shipping is FREE....of the 15 books I've lately ordered....all were thru' the Amazon.ca credit card.  You also get rewards if you go thru' them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:48:46 AM by Halina »

Offline Cc

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
I asked for this book for Christmas and much to my surprise  I got it, no problem. If I may suggest one should work out first before buying, if you are planning on carrying it or thinking you can slip it in to your handbag as the book is rather a whopper. Amazon.ca  $70.00?  New, free shipping  as of today 1.20.2018. Please note its ca not com.
Cc

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 08:53:58 AM »
Amazon rips you off, at least on this particular book; there's just no excuse for the price they ask.