Author Topic: Predicting suicidal tendencies  (Read 677 times)

Offline James Williams

Re: Predicting suicidal tendencies
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »
Brother Antonio,

Have you had your daily dose of Gotu Kola yet?!

;D
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Stacy

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »
James,

I never knew Bob Welch committed suicide. :(.  Thread/post too close for comfort given my own physical pain and also being on Lyrica. (Maybe that's where the almost nonstop internal thoughts originate???) 

I used to own Noel's book which had a chapter on suicide, if I recall. I know I have multiple significators, natally and by transit. In my recent psychic reading, the medium said I could have 'checked out' 4-5 times already in this lifetime but chose to soldier on thru and keep going. Not hard to do when a beloved pet or other needs you, but a little more of a challenge after they are gone...

Interesting stuff, everybody.

Stacy
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline James Williams

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »
James,

I never knew Bob Welch committed suicide. :(.  Thread/post too close for comfort given my own physical pain and also being on Lyrica. (Maybe that's where the almost nonstop internal thoughts originate???) 

I used to own Noel's book which had a chapter on suicide, if I recall. I know I have multiple significators, natally and by transit. In my recent psychic reading, the medium said I could have 'checked out' 4-5 times already in this lifetime but chose to soldier on thru and keep going. Not hard to do when a beloved pet or other needs you, but a little more of a challenge after they are gone...

Interesting stuff, everybody.

Stacy

Stacy,

I don't know what you mean when you refer to "almost nonstop internal thoughts", but if you're thinking about committing suicide, I strongly urge you to phone 911.  This is hitting a bit too close to home here as well, since it brings back memories of several 5150's that I was involved with as a former California social worker.

I would also strongly suggest that you talk to your doctor regarding the Lyrica, or any other medication you may be on, that may be contributing to those "nonstop internal thoughts."

In regards to Bob Welch, I did not know that either, until I came across it a couple of days ago.  An under-rated and under-appreciated musician, for sure...

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:23:54 PM by James Williams »
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Stacy

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »
James,

Did not mean to alarm you !!  AM NOT SUICIDAL.  It's hard to make others get this, but I think about death/dying every day, though am not suicidal. Only been truly suicidal 2 times in my life during acute depressive episodes-----after transition of beloved pets. I love animals more than most humans and get so attached. Especially with time, and Scotty was my whole world for almost 13 yrs. Life is so empty. I contribute to the grief sites, etc. You know my medical situation and frankly, if I was a pet I would euthanize me because of age and progression and no hope of getting better. Yes I have my cherished books to read and my gemstone jewelry if I want it, but really, when one is in this kind of pain there ain't a lot of quality of life.  Just returned from the mmj dispensary to get as numb as I can so I can take a shower after 3 days. Knees are that bad  (see Capricorn Saturn in h. 6 for this new SR year!).

Of course this topic tickled my ears...after all, Mercury ruling the 8th is what I think about. And as my late dad used to accurately say, people who are going to commit suicide don't threaten - they just do it.  Told my oversoul that the script has changed; ready to return earlier.  Watching reruns of Long island Medium atm. I always learn something new about the afterlife when I watch these shows. 

so thanks for being concerned James  :).

Stacy
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline Stacy

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:16 PM »
p.s. James: one has to be careful about alarming medical staff unnecessarily as that is the quickest way to end up in the 5150 ward and have your [crucial] meds taken away or cut back. Can barely get by as is and they are angling to cut back on narcotics which enable me to function as little as I do!  DEA cracking down on docs and pharmacies and everyone. Docs. just covering their own a--es; not concerned about my well-being. That's my experience, anyway.  Natal Neptune in my 12th square Sun-Ve (Ve rules 12th of confinement, etc.)  Well, Neptune sq my whole stellium, really. Inescapable influence.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
Glad to hear you're not suicidal, Stacy!  You had me worried there!

And yes, it is "strange" that we tend to be so much more merciful towards our pets, than we our to our selves.  My ex and I loved how quickly and painlessly our dog-child went--within 3 seconds--on the day the three of us made that decision.

OK, back to Sanskrit, LOL...

;D

Offline Stacy

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 04:28:55 PM »
Yours was as peaceful as possible I think (your dog's transition).  Very lucky :).

People don't understand when they hear a 55 yr. old all ready to go, but ya have to look at all the factors: resources and support systems, etc. And what an individual has gone thru. The psychic-medium told me what I already knew, that aside from my current medical probs. I have had "a full plate in life" and chose to persist. I attribute that to Scorpio Rising and Mars (co-ruler) in ultra-persistent Capricorn cj Saturn. Both my saving grace, and perhaps the aspect that will indicate when that time is up (the inconjunct, aspect of health probs. and Mars-Sat incj Uranus 4th h. ruler, End of the Matter) the aspect common at death.)  The SE hit my UR-MC, so until mid-Feb I expect more life-altering significant events in addition to the loss of my pet and having to sell my car and be without wheels for the first time in 40 years--both life-changing events triggered by the eclipse.

Apologies with my personal rambling. Psychic did say I need to blog as part of my purpose ;).

Stacy

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
My Mother tried to kill herself 4 x when Neptune passed over her Ascendant. That's when my Father left. She was drinking like a fish.

Offline Antonio

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 02:25:29 AM »
Of all that our editor-in-chief wrote, pertinently and focused, I want to highlight the following:

"I would add caution to this whole A.I. craze that is trending. The "formulas" are not new. The application and computing power is and the speed of the decision making process is formidable, but what the real breakthrough has to do with is the avoidance of human bias. [...] we must remember that A.I. and Machine Learning technology is still hand fed the originating data and equations that formulate expected outcomes. We are still driving with the rear view mirror as it were, only faster. Applying this technology to astrology only associates ALL we know to what has been; how matters have correlated in the past. But when there is a "phase shift" the algorithms DO NOT pick it up; CORRELATIONS CAN CHANGE. Your job as an astrologer consultant is safe because you did not rely on the programmed drivel spit out by Bluemix. You did not leave the "human being behind." HVA

They're still hand fed by humans and they're picking up deeply ingrained prejudices:

AI programs exhibit racial and gender biases, research reveals
https://tinyurl.com/mpga97m

Programmers keep ch-ch-ch-changing the algorithms but...

Short transcript from the TED talks video link (posted earlier):
"The problem is, we no longer really understand how these complex algorithms work. We don't understand how they're doing this categorization. It's giant matrices, thousands of rows and columns, maybe millions of rows and columns, and not the programmers and not anybody who looks at it, even if you have all the data, understands anymore how exactly it's operating."
https://tinyurl.com/yc46ojjr

Would this solve the problem? May-may-may-maybe!

Google Artificial Intelligence 'Alpha Go Zero' Just Pressed Reset On How To Learn

"It starts from a blank slate and figures out only for itself, only from self-play, and without any human knowledge, or any human data, or features, or examples, or intervention from humans."
"The idea of Alpha Go is not to go out and defeat humans, but actually to discover what it means to do science--for a program to be able to learn from itself what knowledge is"

https://tinyurl.com/yazs8la8

"Today, in 2002, the most advanced astrology programs are so comprehensive that they have more features than most astrologers will ever use (a)." [...]
"We astrologers are blessed with many programs of incredible versatility and power, and with programmers committed to advancing the field every year. Future programs will be able to help astrologers combine predictive techniques even more effectively (b), weight factors in relationship to each other, and perhaps even arrive at chart synthesis (c)." Hank Friedman

a) So, basically lots of fireworks to distract us. Yes, astrology can also be fun! Moving forward...

b) Programmers have already created astro software for serious researchers. Unfortunately, today there is what is called "computer illiteracy" and these systems are not user friendly. This leaves out many good astrologers .... even some of the best! Can such programs be optimized, refined, improved? I say yes, but astro-programmers lack the resources and brain power of giants like Google...

c) Consider it done! Should Google or Facebook become interested in such project, we wouldn't even need to supply any personal data. They already know us better than we know ourselves! It's all in the cloud ...

It may take some time for machines to learn how to "talk" like, say, Noel, or Tim, or PDW... but how hard can it be for them to impersonate so much of our astro-jargon?!

No need to despair, this guy can teach us how to write with artificial intelligence
...without writing any code:

https://tinyurl.com/yaqoqe9q

Harry Potter: Written by Artificial Intelligence
https://tinyurl.com/hwy8o5s

Now, if you excuse me, i need to refill my Dosha. Thanks for reminding me, James!  ;D

Offline James Williams

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »
Excellent Antonio!

Now, just make sure your go to cola is Gotu Kola!

;D

Offline Antonio

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 09:01:05 AM »
James, you're almost driving me Kola Nut! I say Bacopa and you keep saying Gotu Kola!
Are you suggesting me the latter just because you prefer the North Indian style chart, rather than the South one?  ;D

Probably I would need to take both, but there are differences:

"Both gotu kola (Centella asiatica) and Bacopa monnieri are known as "brahmi. Bacopa monnieri is called Brahmi in south India, and Centella asiatica is called Brahmi (or Gotu Kola) in the north of India, where it more commonly grows. This has created much confusion in the literature in the use of these two plants. Both are known to enhance memory and intelligence but gotu kola is decidedly the weaker of the two in that function, and is best used for hot skin conditions (in India, it's used for leprosy)." Other source says. "In short, Bacopa drives the nutrients in, and Brahmi (Centella) helps move the brain wash out."

I need to raise my Pitta, brother! My Vata has the highest score (Kapha has the lowest):

"While bacopa is generally preferred for vata aggravations and mental debility due to stress and exhaustion, gotu kola is preferred in mental or emotional aggravations involving both vata and pitta."

This page gives a general basic method [i haven't tested] for helping determine body type (referred to as dosha in ayurveda) through a Vedic astrology chart:
https://www.dirah.org/ayurveda.htm

A free program [i haven't tested, yet] to make the calculations needed for Vedic astrology (Jagannatha Hora):
http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh/

I have no shortage of ayurvedic herbs (and proprietary blends). including Gotu Kola. They're used when needed, mostly (some 99%) by my wife. Many pharma stuff did nothing for her pain, including Lyrica, mentioned by Stacy.

In fact, for chronic pain, she only takes a powdered herb (encapsulated by me). She used it every day, but now she only needs it once or twice per week. This is the kind of stuff that should not be used by fools or people that doesn't care about getting all the information. No, it's not medical marijuana!

I'll not promote it here, but i can recommend an unexpensive kindle e-book about its use. Just google the author:

Biography: "I'm an author and retired high school English teacher. I'm also a fanatic about the necessity of getting kids reading. With the opportunities e-books are making available, I've decided to publish my books that coach teachers and parents how to get their kids reading. The education crisis, I am convinced, is a reading crisis." Mary Leonhardt

The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. 
They're not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.  8)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:37:52 PM by Antonio »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
LOL, Antonio!

And here I thought I preferred the South Indian style chart more than the North Indian style!  ;D

Antonio, if you keep this up, no one will know that English is one of your secondary languages, lol. 

And keep taking that Bacopa!

;D

Offline pdw

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:42 AM »
All, I came across another suicidal stat recently: People bereaved by the sudden death of a friend or family member are 65 percent more likely to attempt suicide if their loved one died by suicide rather than natural causes, University College London researchers report.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0116/270116-bereavement-suicide-attempt-risk

Interpreting a loved one’s suicide as a permission slip for your own… I never would have imagined such a thing. Astrologically, you may have ideas about what might reflect this in an individual chart. I thought about navigating through the waves of loss and love and questioning that accompany the unexpected death of a loved one – perhaps an especially disorienting time with a highly impressionable (suggestible or deceptive) Neptune emphasis.     

…..

I’m not sure this is the right place to post but I’ve been wondering if Chester Bennington may have been one of the 65%. We had a Forum thread about him, when he committed suicide. However, this compelling detail not mentioned in that thread is what really captured my attention:

Chester Bennington’s good friend Chris Cornell (lead singer in Soundgarden and Audioslave) took his life, by hanging, on May 18, 2017. And, about a month later, Bennington did the same on what would have been Cornell’s 53rd birthday, July 20, 2017.

Background:

-For more info see their Wiki entries and Google Bennington’s touching note addressed to Chris after his death. In it Bennington writes that he can’t imagine a world without him (Chris). There is a timed chart for Bennington and an untimed chart for Chris Cornell (b. July 20, 1964; Seattle WA; time unknown) at Astrotheme.

-There were no suicide notes in either case, and, apparently their loved ones were unaware of any suicidal thinking at the time. 

-Cornell was found with prescribed drugs in his system including a sedative, caffeine (No Doz), and Atavan, an anti-anxiety med that some associate with suicidal tendencies. Bennington was found in a room with a partially empty liquor bottle but there were no drugs in his system.]

Personally, I don’t trust the Astrotheme birth time or necessarily think it is ‘right’ for Bennington. I did speculate a bit about their birth times and potentially close Sagittarius Moons…but soon discovered I’d rather accept a limited role for astrology than force my guesswork on these folks.

So, what I keep returning to are lingering questions – Do these close suicides of close friends (merely) reflect tragic, poignant coincidence? Or was there a more ‘vital’, provocative connection? Or, did Cornell(‘s death) unintentionally and unknowingly influence Bennington’s own suicidal thinking?

We know, for sure, that Bennington was experiencing a T Neptune-N Neptune square – potentially reflecting a changing, uncertain, unstable environment; mental restlessness;  increased feelings of dissatisfaction, uncertainty, inadequacy. At the same time, transiting Neptune was trine Bennington’s Scorpio natal Node and conjunct Cornell’s natal Neptune, referencing Bennington’s special connection and soulmate synastry with Cornell, perhaps.

My guess is Bennington at least was aware that it was Cornell’s birthday (because he sang at a service for Cornell where birth and death dates typically are prominent, in my experience; and, according to one article, he lead a round of Happy Birthday for Cornell on his birthday, a few years ago, when they were performing together) – but, beyond that, not sure we will ever know the full story.