Author Topic: Selling Leonardo  (Read 348 times)

Offline rollanrm

Selling Leonardo
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
Tomorrow the 15th Nov, Leonardo''s Salvator Mundi is up for auction in NYork at Christíe's  Among other things tr Mars conjuncts L's  Saturn in Libra and I have written a part astro blog article in relation to the auction which you may find of interest. See
https://wp.me/p2v96G-YJ
I could and would have written more if the net were working better and I could have got more easily into Astrodienst's asteroids section which keeps cutting out. I am hearing of numbers of people having problems of this kind with the Net in the last few days but anyway I have managed sufficiently to get out a basic article. I believe that the Leonardo asteroid is at 6 Cap which means that tr Jupiter is sextile him at a time of big deals. I would like to know where Isa (Jesus) and Christa might be on Leonardo's pattern. If anybody can see them you might tell us.

Offline Halina

Re: Selling Leonardo
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:02:09 PM »
 Hi Rollar,  you had the year of birth as 1 year earlier than ADB.....anyway here is the biwheel for the sale at 7pm.
Try this site for looking up asteroid positions......www.true-node.com/eph1
The site will open with blanks to fill in, for example in the first blank type in the name of the asteroid you are looking up.
for example, Leonardo, then type in the date of the ephemeris you want....I'm not sure it goes back as far as that century,
I am going to test it......nope, their asteroid ephemeris doesn't go back that far, so don't use the site I posted, unless you
want ephemerides say for 18th, 19th, 20th etc century.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:27:47 PM by Halina »

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:47:43 PM »
    O.K. here's your date, the Gregorian calendar date, showing biwheel, Leonardo natal inside, sale at 7pm outside.    Don't think there's much change.

Offline rollanrm

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
Yes, I think we now have it. I give Gregorian date in my text 23rd April not 14th April Julian

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »
Hi Rollarm, I'm trying to find a site that takes asteroids back to the year 1452 so that I can add those asteroids to his natal.
Does that site you tried go that far back.....what is the url for that site ....is it www.astrodienst.com?

Offline rollanrm

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »
Halina - Yes it's a big file at Astrodienst and it supplies asteroids to remote dates. I used it for the data in my  Testament of the Magi and I've never had trouble with using it before.

Offline Halina

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:59:17 AM »
Hi Rollanrm,  how far back does the Astrodienst ephemeris go for asteroids.....does it post asteroids for the year 1452???   And would you mind listing the steps in doing da Vinci's natal, setting up a biwheel with transits for sale date,  and then adding asteroids.....maybe I'll have better luck with Astrodienst.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:02:26 AM by Halina »

Offline pdw

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
Hi rollanrm and All, interesting that there’s another significant ‘selling’ of Leonardo da Vinci’s popularity, greatness, and name recognition right now: Leonardo da Vinci, a biography – by renowned cultural historian Walter Isaacson ( who specializes in examining cultural icons like Benjamin Franklin, Einstein, and Steve Jobs) – went on sale in mid-October with transiting Jupiter beginning its opposition of da Vinci’s natal Sun.

The auction is, I think, a wonderful reflection of the transiting Jupiter-Venus conjunction, in Scorpio, with a focus on money, financial perspective, and shared values, and suggesting an opportunity for artistic (Venus) speculation (Jupiter), acquisition, admiration.  Now triggering (opposing) da Vinci’s productive Taurus Sun, indeed the public will see a significant show of material recognition for his work.   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:03:14 PM by pdw »

Offline rollanrm

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »
Halina - I believe Astrodienst once said it supplies asteroids back as far as 500 BC. All you do to obtain relevant info is what you would normally do. Cast a chart and go to the Extended Chart Selection and on its page check out the asteroids, fixed stars, hypotheticals or whatever it is you want for the chart you have cast. I didn't set up any biwheel for Leonardo. I simply looked at the auction date and saw if any transits were relevant to the natal pattern and a few were very obvious. Btw note that Astrodienst deals in Gregorian dates, that is why you were confused by what I had written for Leonardo which was the generally given Greg equivalent for his Julian date.

Offline Halina

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 05:55:54 AM »
Thanx Rollanrm,  for the Astrodienst asteroid data.   The "Savior of the World" painting sold for $450 million....add another
$50 million in fees for the buyer.

Offline pdw

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:21 AM »
SOLD for $450.3 Million, far surpassing the previous art auction high of $179.4 Million for a Picasso painting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/arts/design/leonardo-da-vinci-salvator-mundi-christies-auction.html

WOW. Astrologically referencing Leonardo da Vinci's 'chart lives on' potential, I see the record-breaking amount and 'historic moment' of individual recognition reflected with:

-transiting Mars conjunct his natal Saturn, as rollanrm points out, triggering a substantial show of public appeal and respect for his artistic mastery (Saturn in Libra);

-and transiting Jupiter-Venus opposing his natal Sun, suggesting an opportunity for great benefit, recognition, or wealth, associated with his work.   

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 03:29:02 PM »
Fascinating,

I read an unkind review of Isaacson's new book back when it first came out. I think this essay, in his own words, is more on point. I love all things DaVinci... and apparently so do many others.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lessons-of-leonardo-how-to-be-a-creative-genius-1506690180?mg=prod/accounts-wsj

Five years after Dan Brown's book The DaVinci Code and then after the movie became a hit a little obscure pamphlet was written in 2008 by Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet. Very much worth the read as it is short (but very rich and sumptuous) and very inexpensive.

For the astrologer or artist in your life this piece is truly a magnificent find.

http://www.patrizianorellibachelet.com/Leonardo.html

All the best,

HVA
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:33:16 PM by Hudson Valley Astrologer »

Offline pdw

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »
Interesting PN-B link, Tim. Enlightenment, renaissance, ‘evolutionary journey’ – these triggered my thinking about Jupiter now transiting in Scorpio. A significant passage for some, perhaps,  intensifying individual understanding and purpose.   

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »
the real photo(picture) of jesus is here
http://lovelightwithin.blogspot.ca/2012/08/sananda-actual-photograph-taken-on-june.html

1 june 1961 with jupiter conjunct saturn which jesus had.

Jim