Author Topic: Johnny Hallyday  (Read 151 times)

Offline Isaac Starkman

Johnny Hallyday
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:51:34 AM »
France's biggest rock star Johnny Hallyday has died after a battle with lung cancer. He was 74.
The singer sold about 100 million records and starred in a number of films in a career that began in 1960.
The French simply called him "Our Johnny". However, outside the Francophone zone, Hallyday was virtually unknown.
I rectified his chart to 12.49.45 BDST Asc 13Vir 43'.
MC conjunct Mercury & Uranus, Sextile Venus and trine helio Mercury. Helio Mercuy, MC ruler,  in opposition to helio Jupiter.
In his Epoch, Venus conjunct Regulus.

Offline Halina

Re: Johnny Hallyday
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:06:35 AM »

He remained at the top for forty years.   The BBC said: ‘Hallyday’s stage presence was undeniable. He was a hip-swinging bolt of lightning, a sexually-charged wild man of rock, and a danger to public decency.’

Born 19 June 1943 1pm in Paris, he was abandoned as a baby, brought up by an aunt and started performing cowboy songs on stage aged nine, until he found rock n’ roll and never looked back. He became friends with Edith Piaf.

His Sun was square musical Neptune in his 1st.   A singleton Capricorn Moon was in his 4th squared Mars, so he’d be eternally unsettled in his home life, only ever feeling he’d be loved if he achieved and not being remotely easy to live with.   He went through five marriages, one lasting two months and drank and drugged to excess.   But his 17th Harmonic – leaving a legacy for the future – was exceptionally well marked.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:51:10 AM by Halina »

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:52:37 AM »
Halina: you made a mistake- he was born on 15 June 1943
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Hallyday,_Johnny

Offline James Williams

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:05:32 AM »
This example provides us with an excellent look at rectification methodology.  Isaac has rectified Hallyday's birth time using Western astrology software, Polaris.  But this is not the birth time which correctly portrays his various Jyotisha charts!  This is because Polaris is not designed to factor in one's Jyotisha charts!

As I've said before, in everyone's D-60 Jyotisha chart, the Moon changes signs every 50 minutes on average.  The D-60 Moon of Johnny Hallyday changed from Cancer to Leo at 13.03.46 BDST, according to my version of the popular Jyotisha software, Jagannatha Hora 8.0.  Another Jyotisha software I utilize, Brian Conrad's Jyotish Tools, has Hallyday's D-60 Moon changing from Cancer to Leo at 13.04.34 BDST.

Now, if I had to choose between Moon in Cancer, and Moon in Leo, for Johnny Hallyday, I would tend to choose Moon in Leo.  Thus, his correct D-60 chart likely has Moon in Leo, rather than Moon in Cancer.  See the following from Wikipedia...

"At the age of only nine, he was already performing on stage, singing."

Now, is this Moon in Cancer, or Moon in Leo?!

Now I am not saying that Isaac's rectification time is wrong.  It is likely to be very correct taking into account all that Polaris measures.  For the Western horoscope of Johnny Hallyday.

But in looking at all of the Jyotisha varga, or divisional charts, of Johnny Hallyday, we probably need to go with a birth time which gives him a Leo Moon in his D-60 chart, rather than a Cancer Moon in his D-60 chart.

So currently I'm giving Johnny Hallyday a Gemini lagna (Ascendant) in his D-60 chart, a Gemini lagna in his D-45 chart, a Pisces lagna in his D-10 chart, a Taurus lagna in his D-12 chart, a Libra lagna in his D9 chart, and of course his D1 chart contains a Leo lagna.

What an extremely instructive example...

;)

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:21:39 AM »
...and for those who rectify Hallyday's Western horoscope by Noel's preferred method, i.e., solar arcs, one is likely to obtain a birth time that is different from that of his Jyotisha charts, and that is also different from the birth time parameters that Isaac's Polaris software measures...

;D
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Daleth

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 06:57:28 AM »
Like Madonna, he had Virgo rising. You don't normally think of Virgo rising for famous stage performers, but that's because we tend to forget how much work is required to become a successful stage performer. One of his obituaries mentioned that his most recent tour was 90 dates--how much of a workaholic do you have to be to do a 90-date tour when you're in your seventies and already a multi-millionaire?! Other performers with this ascendant include Leonard Cohen, Dolly Parton, Kurt Cobain, Jay-Z (husband of Virgo-Sun pop star Beyonce), French pop star Mylene Farmer, Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin, film stars Sharon Stone, Uma Thurman, Emma Watson, Audrey Tautou and Marion Cotillard, and of course prolific playwright and flamboyant public speaker Oscar Wilde.

And like Cyndi Lauper, he had Scorpio Moon--that reflects his rough childhood (he was abandoned by his parents, Lauper was abused by her stepfather, both grew up poor in rough neighborhoods on the outskirts of their countries' entertainment capitals). Other stars with Scorpio Moon include Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and Alanis Morissette, while David Bowie had Moon tightly conjunct Pluto. I would say that gives incredible tenacity and a tendency toward obsessiveness--and if they're obsessed with making it in the music industry, by god they will, unless something kills them first!

Sun and Saturn in the 10th near the MC are of course classic fame indicators. Sun in 10th = living your life in a fishbowl (Anne Morrow Lindbergh had it, Trump and Jack Nicholson have it, the list goes on); Saturn in 10th or on MC is often seen in the charts of very famous people (Oprah Winfrey, Bill Clinton, James Dean, Picasso, Will Smith, Kate Winslet, Leonardo Di Caprio, Muhammed Ali, the list goes on and on... here's one list of such celebrities: https://www.astrotheme.com/celebrities/saturn/m10/1.htm).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:05:59 AM by Daleth »

Offline Halina

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »
Thanx Isaac, chart has been corrected......I also added his Vedic chart, D-1 and his divisional charts, D-10, D-9, D-12, D-45, and D-60 charts.    With Solar Fire, I get a time of 1:03pm producing the required Ascendants,.....James you got 1:03:46pm and 1:04:34pm with 2 programs....so which time is correct or are we just splitting hairs here.
      Would you mind showing his career needs with an analysis of his D-60 chart you get with this new time?
To support your argument for D-60 Moon in Leo....Let's look at Elvis Presley's D-1 and D-60.....In D-1 Elvis has Asc Scorpio,
Sun Sag, Moon Aquarius.....and in D-60, Elvis has Asc Cap, Sun in Sag, MOON IN LEO! which satisfies his need to perform before an audience.   A study of more singers would probably also show D-60 Moon in LEO.   So you have invented a good rectification tool or else you read about it somewhere.....any references?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:59:17 AM by Halina »