Author Topic: Los Angeles  (Read 770 times)

Offline Dean Bensics

Los Angeles
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »
Hello Forum.

Attached is the 2017 Libra Solar Ingress chart for Los Angeles.

1) Sun on the MC…ALWAYS an indicator of "All eyes on"…but why are the eyes of the country/world on Los Angeles?
2) Sun rules the 9th (publicity) and is disposited by Venus (in 9, r. 5) which makes a tense sesquiquadrate (135-degree) aspect to Pluto…publicity around sexuality, youth and the entertainment industry.
3) Mercury (a final dispositor in 9 and ruling the DSC) squares Saturn (in Sagittarius) on the ASC…negative news which puts the city’s major entertainment industry on the defensive regarding morals and legal culpability versus the judgments of others.
4) Saturn in Sagittarius on the ASC…the fear of fire and the consequences of global warming as scientific or holy retribution.
5) Saturn in Sagittarius on the ASC…the decline of major league sports and the terrible attendance at the home games for both LA-based NFL teams, the Rams and Raiders.

Regards
Dean Bensics

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »
Nice work, as always, Dean.  You mentioned the Moon-Jupiter in the DC chart, and we can look at that as local sexual misconduct in DC, which of course is required to be  “legal” misconduct rather than just something related to low moral standards,  however ambiguous that is to verify. 

I like to use the Sibley chart.  We can see that the eclipse in August opposed the Moon in the Sibley chart (yes, by a couple of degrees).  The 29 Leo was in the 8th house of Sibley, and the Moon rules the 8th house in that chart. What I think will happen next, because Jupiter in Scorpio has its tail up in the air, is the exposure of all those who are involved in the sex trade syndicates.  This is not about prostitution, but about sex slaves, many of them children.  It is a large and sickening underworld which is not reported much in the media.  I think it will be busted wide open.  If you think putting abused puppies on tv is hard to take, wait until you see these people, young boys and girls held hostage for the sexual pleasure of people whom we thought we envied, people who might have been our heroes.

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:00:09 AM »
Hi Dean and Barb,

Mars4=Mercury7/Venus10=Neptune

Along with Moon conjunct Jupiter seems to suggest tremendous emotional energy.

People seem to react in typical polarized fashion in keeping with the day and age expressing on the one hand outrage and putting friends and family on high alert but then on the other hand reacting dismissive and waving the hand callously in denial that "All Eyes" see "Fake News".

If there is a purpose to the unconscious message here, maybe it is that enough is enough, burning anger that can no longer be contained as it were, suggests to my eye that there will be no place to hide. The "holy retribution" thing made me laugh. I know it shouldn't have as some truly believe that $hit, like aids was some sort of punishment for sexual behavior, but I simply do not share that view.

Best,

HVA 

Best,

HVA
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:03:34 AM by Hudson Valley Astrologer »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »
Yes, that’s true, HVA, the pumped up emotional reaction when Jupiter is with Moon, the desire for overindulge in everything, especially publicity.

In Scorpio, too much of the underworld comes in, and it is not over yet.  With Sagittarius directing it, the pointing finger had better be clean-ish.  Ha.  We have laws because none of us can cast the first stone - none of us are free of responsibility for the state of the world. 

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:41:39 AM »
Brown currently has SA Mars=Ascendant and Transiting Mars square the Ascendant. We might say he's a tad pissed off; itching for a fight.

Nice work, Dean! I remember hearing something along those lines attributable to Brown but can't cite the source or find the quote.

Of all the catholic denominations I most admire the Jesuits. In particular Teilhard de Chardin who penned The Phenomenon of Man. Three great achievements by man according to Teilhard are the discoveries of fire, bread and writing. Some say he envisioned the internet with his conception of what he called the noosphere.

Thought might artificially perfect the thinking instrument itself; life might rebound forward under the collective effect of its reflection.” P 127 Phenomenon of Man

No doubt a more Aquarian view than the emotionally charged ingress chart you posted, with Jupiter-Moon conjunct:

We have to respond, but we have to plan what we can do in the forests and neighborhoods,” Brown said.

And we also have to deal with the larger challenge, which is climate change itself. I know that’s maybe a little remote, but it’s real and we’re experiencing what it’s going to look like on a very regular basis. That requires people everywhere in the whole world to pull together in the largest sense possible and take the heroic action we need to make our communities livable now and in the distant future.” OC Register

The emboldened emphasis truly describes the influence of Time in the first decanate of the Aquarian age ruled by Venus; Trump being a "goad" in the yogic sense to move in that direction.

The unfortunate labeling of “climate change” invites attack from the skeptical who argue man’s conceit to even consider their ability to change God’s plan by affecting the Earth’s climate; that “science” is only narrowly viewing the landscape of time and that cooling and warming cycles have wide variation throughout history.

“The climate changes, Duh!” The opposition charges the pro Earth movements as inciting hysteria and using fear mongering for what are ‘natural cycles’ in order to “control” the political agenda. It’s almost like watching a tennis match with Earth as the ball.

"A glow ripples outward from the first spark of conscious reflection. The point of ignition grows larger. The fire spreads in ever widening circles till finally the whole planet is covered with incandescence. Only one interpretation, only one name can be found worthy of this grand phenomenon." p.93 Phenomenon of Man

Teilhard’s thought process was so clear and coherent. He was so disciplined. My admiration I think also adores his obstinacy to pursue Truth. He was progressive and quite courageous in the face of a stern conservatism within the Church and paid a price. 

I don’t think President Trump has a fear of the Lord, the fear of the wrath of God,” Brown, LA Times

Brown's Moon=Mars/Neptune suggests Trump may not be the only one in the room with thinned skin, and although sensitive, an air of indecisiveness hanging over him, Brown's fiery temperament seems to be on the ascent in his mature years getting the “upper hand” over the emotional kookiness he projected in his younger years/career. He was studying to be a priest AND now indeed has found his pulpit to preach. (Neptune sextile the Moon and Trine Mars; sesquiquadrate Venus-Mercury, inconjunct the Sun)

The world is not on the road to heaven. It’s on the road to hell.” Brown, LA Times

...and

“Jerry Brown’s point is a good one. It’s the new normal. All of us have to adjust. We can’t pray that the heavens are going to roll back the clock.” Executive director for Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy, Joe Edmiston

Brown, no shrinking violet, Mars 10-Uranus 7-8 (and Jupiter) is also driven by idealism (Mercury 3-11-Venus 4-10). With Uranus quindecile the Node he presents a very popular and princely persona (Leo ascendant) to some but is a polarizing political figure (Pluto conjunct ascendant) to others. Not only is his state on fire but so is his chart.

Teilhard died on April 10, three days after Brown’s 17th birthday. The transiting Sun was exactly square Brown’s Moon at the time. I wonder if Brown was an admirer of de Chardin?

“Amen.”  LA Times

HVA