Author Topic: Astrological Software Recommendation  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Doublecapricorn

Astrological Software Recommendation
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:13:32 AM »
I am wanting to take my study of astrology more seriously and I would appreciate a software recommendation. Thank you so much!

Offline Halina

Re: Astrological Software Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »
Hi Double C, of course cost is important and also what area of astrology you wish to study.
Most common program is Solar Fire, but I don't recommend it if you are into asteroids, in which case SIRIUS is better.
JANUS is good for Charles Carter type astrology with excellent Cosmogram triwheels.
    Now, which program offers the best interpretations or add on programs.   I don't use Solar Fire for this.
Halloran software is very economical and offer excellent interpretations of natal, lunar and solar returns, Black Moon Lilith interps,
parallel and contraparallel interps for males and females, etc., 45 and 135 degree interps in one's natal chart.
    You can use PAINT to touch up charts and then move them to the Tyl site with any of the 4 programmes.
Not happy with Solar Fire's add on programs.

Offline Doublecapricorn

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 04:00:06 PM »
Oh wow thanks for the response. I have never used any astrological software, only going through Astrodientist website. Didn't realize there were so many choices and factors to consider.

Offline pdw

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 06:34:43 AM »
Welcome, Doublecapricorn –

I may be in the minority but I calculate and store my charts at the astrodientist site – and still consider myself serious about astrology. :)

I was interested in buying a program, long ago, but just couldn’t decide which one… while I was using astro.com which offers extensive chart calculation options and is very economical. You may already know, as a Registered User, you can store up to 100 charts for Free. And, to accommodate a growing collection, you can store up to 1000 charts for just $11/year. I also enjoy the Extended Daily Horoscope feature ($45/year). An extra convenience, I like: Since this site hosts astrodatabank, the preferred go-to source for celebrity-famous horoscopes, there’s an opportunity to click “add X to ‘my astro’ and that horoscope will be in your collection without any manual data entry (aka tedium ;)).   

Best ahead with your astrology!

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 02:40:12 PM »
Just to add something here to what pdw mentioned...

At Astrodienst you can have 100 free charts--per email address.

I have around a half dozen different personal email accounts, so that's 600 total for free I get with Astrodienst.

And you can't beat the accuracy of Astrodienst.

Solar Fire or whatever it's called has repeatedly made software mistakes...at least since the turn of the century when I first came aboard here on this forum.  It's just not reliable.

But Astrodienst...no problem.

:)
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 05:50:33 PM »
Try Planet Dance - entirely free and has a huge number of features.  https://www.appszoom.com/android_applications/lifestyle/planetdance-astrology_hcitz.html

Offline Doublecapricorn

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
I just downloaded planetdance on my computer. Thank you for the suggestion Alice!