Author Topic: Correct chart(s) for Poland?  (Read 403 times)

Offline Stacy

Correct chart(s) for Poland?
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:07:17 PM »
Forum:

In reviewing a thread from a few years' back I see that 2 Polish charts are used, but was wondering if that has been confirmed and maybe one chart considered over the other in recent years?  (Noel and Issac present different charts)

Specifically, I was curious to compare inter-aspects between Poland and the late Ft. Jerzy.

thanks,
Stacy
"It is not possible for us to know each other except as we manifest ourselves in distorted shadows to the eyes of others. We do not even know ourselves; therefore, why should we judge a neighbor? Who knows what pain is behind virtue, and what fear behind vice?..."  SENECA

Offline Halina

Re: Correct chart(s) for Poland?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 09:09:09 AM »
Hi Stace, since the commie's beat him up and Poland was communist at that time....I would start with the Poland=Communist chart first, if not, see which of the other 3 Poland chart's works best.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 03:31:35 PM »
Good point, Halina.

I just received my copy of JM's Poland this week, and today a book called To Kill A Priest, the story of what happened to Ft. Jerzey, by Kevin Ruane. 

Interesting note: Michener and his vehicle were arrested twice for going 40 and 45 m.p.h. as they traveled through the countryside for research. They almost got popped a 3rd time (lucky he was a famous American author too notable to be kidnapped...one would hope!). One week later Martial Law was imposed. I would have fled back to America ASAP. The timing was such that Ft. Jerzey's tragic story is not included in Michener's saga though.

Brave people everywhere...

Lots to read and study.
"It is not possible for us to know each other except as we manifest ourselves in distorted shadows to the eyes of others. We do not even know ourselves; therefore, why should we judge a neighbor? Who knows what pain is behind virtue, and what fear behind vice?..."  SENECA

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
This is neither here nor there, but FWIW, Jerzy, pronounced "Yezhy" is Polish for "George".
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
Thanks for that tidbit, Don. Yes, I learned that, too, through the course of my informal research, that it's a very common Polish name.--Stacy