Author Topic: DVR horary  (Read 683 times)

Offline Al Rescha

DVR horary
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Asked the question because my bill went up and I can't/don't want to afford it. I have to make a decision on which box to return. If I return the DVR cable box it will make my bill go down. If I return the regular HD cable box it will reduce the cable bill even more. The cable bill is going to keep going up no matter what I do. My concern is will I regret giving up the DVR equipment because I do like being able to watch programs when I want to and yes; I love electronics, just not the ones that drain my pocket book. It was new and had never been in anyone else's home. Important to me because used equipment often comes with vermin. This question is important to me because (1)I want to make any changes final and not regret later. (2) posting here because I want to make sure I am using the right significators.
Me=Mercury, DVR cable box=the Moon. I am at a yes (get rid of the DVR) answer looking at the chart. Mainly because the Moon in Scorpio is in its fall which can literally mean falling away, as in later for some reason it will have to go anyway. Bill goes up again?
Input please! Chart to follow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:32:43 PM by Al Rescha »

Offline Al Rescha

Re: DVR horary chart
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
I hope this post correctly so that it can be seen.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: DVR horary
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:35:10 AM »
Hello.  I am wondering what your decision was, Al Rescha.  I think it might not have been an easy one, since you seemed to say it was important that it be fairly permanent (because a new hook-up fee would not be the best resort).

I thought the chart was a little amusing, though it might not be nice to say it.  The Jupiter-Mars-Moon in the 6th house suggested to me a bit of annoyance in your mind that you might be spending too much time sitting on the couch getting lazy and unhealthy. Even though you said it was about the expense, those powerful planets in the 8th house looks like you got your money’s worth out of it.

Your question was really “how valuable is it to me”.  The Moon nodal axis in the chart is on the MC-IC, which suggests to me that if you give up your cable, you give up some of your connection to the world, and thus your responsibility to it.  At least, that is the way you might feel. 

So, what did you do?

Offline Al Rescha

Re: DVR horary
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:44:53 PM »
Barbara Ybarra,
I did not get rid of the DVR. I did take the regular cable box back. Yes, cable/internet keeps us connected to the world. I prefer not to be tied to their schedule=DVR. I am regularly disgruntled with the cable company for many reasons and at the top of the list is the price. I have been doing this dance with them for quite some time. I know that I can live without it because I have. I only have one TV hooked up to cable the other is on a regular digital antenna. The second cable box was hooked up to a TV in my craft (6th house) room that I never watched (Moon-Jupiter excess that was inactive>Mars). It would have sat there being unused until...the bill went up.
Perhaps the current Pluto transits that are connecting to my chart are moving out the unnecessary baggage that is holding me back in some way. I live alone and never needed 3 TV's. Most often it is on for the noise.
Not too worried about getting lazy but turning 60 did put something on my mind. I've always kept myself busy and feel that if I sit in one spot for too long I may very well drift away. My energy level is not the same. I could work for hours in the yard, in my workshop, walking, etc now I find myself having to take a break between cutting the front and back yard. I just do what I can now and don't worry about the rest but something deep inside says "push, push, you can still do this".
Thanks for the input and taking a look at the chart. I do think that Horary charts give us much detail information about our queries even some that we may not think is needed to answer the question. There is always a "state of mind/emotion" in the question and in the answer.
A.