Author Topic: Myers Briggs personality types in the workforce  (Read 5858 times)

Offline pdw

Re: Myers Briggs personality types in the workforce
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Barbara, appreciate your comments about my chart (would love to see yours if you ever want to share data).

You nailed it, there’s been a wannabe psychologist in me from early on, so interested in observing others. I discovered this interest wasn’t going to have a traditional outlet, after floundering in college. But, no, not much drama in my relationships which basically are/have been safe, secure, and sheltered. Maybe this is a strong vantage point which supports my other-oriented curiosity (Uranus at DSC ruling 1st House Moon).

It’s true the astrologers that interest me pretty much are unconventional psychologists. Maybe in my next life I’ll pursue serious astrological training… But enough about me – I really don’t like being the center of attention (too uncomfortable). I prefer and enjoy aiming the spotlight on someone else. Thanks to all here for the opportunity.  :)

Offline pdw

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »
Oh nice, Tim. Especially like the (your ;)) Aries ‘aim’ of the Pisces dream. 

Offline pdw

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
Robynne, I’m not seeing any signs of Pluto transformation yet, and haven't spent much time thinking on it (maybe an out of sight, out of mind tactic ;)).

Though recently I have been noticing how old I look, and wonder if some might pursue a plastic surgery makeover with this aspect. That’s not really my style…but I did get to observe my sister-in-law’s experience. With a 17 Capricorn ASC and similar house cusps as mine, she and my brother downsized into a smaller house, with her leading the charge. Making it happen was a long process, a major effort with a lot of hard work – eliminating 30 years of accumulated ‘stuff’ – that was worth it, she says, because she loves her new house (and essential stuff).

So it’s good to know there’s one example, at least, of a relatively benign Pluto-ASC transformation; with no deaths, tragedy, critical injury or illness.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »
Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the fun article. First time I took the test (while I was working in a corporate office, not extremely stuffy though), I tested as an INFP.

Last year I tested as an INTP.

"INFP: A stuffy corporate environment that contributes nothing of meaning to society and frowns upon any sort of creative problem solving.

INTP: A workplace in which they are micromanaged and must account for what they are doing at absolutely every minute of every day."

I have a Cap Moon and 3 planet in Leo so I really don't like being micromanaged. On the other hand, I do like to have some leadership and training. If you let me sit there looking stupid I will look stupid and angry. Gemini Rising.

I think I read that you will be starting a new job. Congratulations!!!

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 01:16:30 PM »
Great post Stitches...

I think the main difficulty with some of the soft sciences, and many of these personality types (many of which trace Jung's work which I think was mentioned by Barb) is that at the end of the day they are subjective. As such I think they are too unreliable to be very useful. But I have witnessed certain charismatic practitioners use these tools with extraordinary skill so I will not be too quick to denounce them wholesale. Maybe the tool is as good as the individual holding the tool and that it is less about the tool and more about the person.

Astrology has much more potential for being objective, but like psychotherapy depends a great deal on the personality of the practitioner. Whether one uses Myers Briggs, Jung, or the Enneagram or something else entirely probably doesn't matter. We all find the sweater that fits...

HVA 

Offline Robynne

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 12:03:48 PM »
Thanks In Stitches,

Yes, could see that with your productive Capricorn Moon, and a stellium in Leo , that to some degree there would have to be an element of putting your heart and creative energy into your workplace. I personally know a lot of women with Capricorn Moons, and they seem to be almost tireless in their ability to always be busy with something, in fact often measure their worth by how productive they are.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Robynne

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
Good thought on the soft sciences there Tim, agreed they are not as measurable.

Was thinking the other day, that people like builders, architects etc, have measurable evidence of their work, whereas often people who work in human resources, may not see concrete results of their work. Nevertheless, it exists.  :)
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »
Pdw:  I just posted my birth data on my website, which I meant to do in the first place.  Many astrologers do not like to "expose" themselves with their horoscope, but, what the heck, as you say, at my age, why why would I want to be so defensive, what do I care what other people think.  I like that you gave your birth data, and that you are thinking and talking about plastic surgery to soften the wear and tear of age.  Such transparency, and perhaps also the understanding that you have enjoyed some of that limelight all along, perhaps previously attained through your husband or others.  I hope you get the chance someday to spread your wings a bit wider, if only to get to stretch them out!
I guess you know that next year you have SA Uranus conjunct your natal Sun.  Astrologer, anyone?
My webpage is www.ybarraastrology.com

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:23:01 PM by Barbara Ybarra »

Offline pdw

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 06:29:38 AM »
Barbara, thanks for the info. I’m excited about referencing the chart of one of our respected, longtime Forum participants. And your website, that’s going to be fun to keep an eye on...plus I now know the title of your book.

All much appreciated & best ahead!

I hadn’t happened upon that upcoming SA Uranus=Sun yet. Hmm, interesting...