Author Topic: Vocational Help...  (Read 388 times)

Offline James Williams

Vocational Help...
« on: April 05, 2018, 04:42:32 AM »
I recently had a talk with the mother of a 16-year-old male, and she gave me permission to post his birth info...she's uncertain as to what his career path should be...any suggestions?!

He was born on August 23, 2001, at 18:05 EDT, in Springfield, Ohio.

What do you see?

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Stacy

Re: Vocational Help...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
James:

Without following Voc. profiling techniques of Noel's, I simply went with the first thing that came to mind: Nursing!

With that prominent healing Moon in the powerful G-sector of house 9 and all that water and humanitarian Aquarius energy, just seems like a natural fit. Of course, Virgo adds strong healing energy to his chart.

Lots of avenues for fulfillment, though.

Stacy
"It is not possible for us to know each other except as we manifest ourselves in distorted shadows to the eyes of others. We do not even know ourselves; therefore, why should we judge a neighbor? Who knows what pain is behind virtue, and what fear behind vice?..."  SENECA

Offline Robynne

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
Truthfully? An ethical issue.
Maybe the young male should be consulted directly about his own chart, and asked where his interests are, and what he feels his aptitudes are, first.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:55:08 PM by Robynne »
" The family that plays together, stays together"

Offline James Williams

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 05:09:47 AM »
Thank you Stacy, an excellent suggestion!

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 06:17:51 AM »
I thought of that too, Robynne, but then thought maybe the son and mother did discuss his future, and that perhaps he was looking for a little direction. 

Without being a stage-mom, some astro-advice could be useful here. When I was 16, I had NO idea what path(s) to follow and would have welcomed some guidance--and interest, from my parents.

Stacy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:22:08 AM by Stacy »
"It is not possible for us to know each other except as we manifest ourselves in distorted shadows to the eyes of others. We do not even know ourselves; therefore, why should we judge a neighbor? Who knows what pain is behind virtue, and what fear behind vice?..."  SENECA

Offline Robynne

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 10:59:46 AM »
Point noted Stacy. With 16 year olds there can be cases of too much intervention, but equally, sometimes not enough. But it is a fragile age, and with the first Saturn opposition in process, it becomes a matter of what authority they will listen to, if any at all.

As you are an adult though, I have to say that I was surprised you went early into Real Estate, because to me your chart screams Investigate Reporter or Foreign Correspondent. No matter what method is chosen, that 3rd house of yours cannot be denied.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:51:54 PM by Robynne »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »
R--my first job was age 8 walking about 3 miles to mop floors/clean houses. So 'early' careers are often just jobs for cash. And, lots and lots of babysitting gigs which paid for my first car!

Noel nailed my r/e career though with 2nd house Moon (income) trine 4th house ruler Uranus.

16 year olds are different than 16 yr. olds of my day, if that makes sense? It was a whole different world in so many ways. My dad hopped on freighters and railroads and picked up odd jobs, etc.  Not a likely scenario in 2018...

Stacy

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:10:27 PM by Stacy »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »
Hi.  I think it is suggested that this young person would want to be involved in the psychological health of the public, like general education for the improvement and wellbeing of right thinking...so Stacy is I think correct, but more for the mental health.  Moon in Scorpio in key position, Pluto square Mercury in 8th, Jupiter with Moon Nodes in 6th and 12th (though Noel doesn’t emphasize the Nodes for vocation, I do).

There is some suggestion also of performance of these things from the Saturn in the 5th, or creative understanding of those who act out, compassion for the troubled who seek attention.  He probably has some personal understanding of it. That is how it goes in life.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:49:07 PM by Barbara Ybarra »

Offline Robynne

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »
Absolutely Stacy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:53:39 PM by Robynne »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 04:44:06 AM »
Thank you Barbara...much appreciated!  Always good to get other knowledgeable astrological suggestions!

Offline Stacy

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 05:50:05 AM »
Indeed, Barbara. Kid has a lot of strong potential. The psychological component you added is what I was searching for, so nice synopsis.

James, if I may make a side comment to your thread as R. was accurate and I want her to know she didn't mistake the astrology in my chart; just that Noel fine-tuned it a bit:

So, just a P.S. to Robynne regarding your opinion about my possible early career: You were actually very close though it was still within real estate: I started as a Title Searcher, a position which required exact attention to detail and investigating chains of title to present to the Title Officer so as liens or easements would not be missed at close of escrow and thereby saving the title co. from losses. I have to admit I excelled at that at a young age and was promoted to within nearly every major position within Stewart Title Ins. including Title Sec. and on a prestigious Commercial & Industrial unit later on at Continental Land Title where I made $$$ until I stupidly threw it all away as T Uranus was hitting my MC and 10th house. My boss was a pig and I quit after being harassed as rules were lax back in the day about those things--certainly not like now. My friends said I should have stayed (thereby not letting him "win") and continued to make big $$--so I really blew that transit going from job to job and eventually selling my beloved condo. in upscale Irvine to avoid foreclosure as I was approaching my 1st Saturn Return. My rebellious Uranian energy did me in--I just couldn't go with the flow and enjoy the money. Eventually, the CEO made me his personal administrative assistant over 50 employees (a very Saturn oriental-type of job where my Cap Mars-Sat excelled) and he, too, eventually harassed me so that I quit yet another promising and prestigious position (I used to be fairly attractive I can say in hindsight).

Started over in another town near sis and her family after filing BK at my 1st Saturn Return; new career; new bf; family...it was all good, but not like back in the day. Never again did I repeat that though I did well at my next Jupiter Return. Very well, actually, and that carried me for many years into a new chapter of a new life with new car; new bf; travel (Jupiter); new adventures in Colo. where I tried to make a go of an astrological report/chart business and even medical billing. So, I have known some very good, exciting times in life and tried many, many paths not listed here~

Careers fluctuate and change. This kiddo and others have many options and talents in life. And, like Noel, if someone has a double-bodied sign on the MC there are usually at least 2 major career paths indicated. Who knew I would make gemstone jewelry in my 50's ?  ;).  Oh, I also worked p/t for a famous husband & wife psychiatrist team in Colo. Springs in the 90's after going on medical disability. So that job provided much Plutonian 'adventure'?

Stacy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:46:02 AM by Stacy »

Offline pdw

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 06:21:24 AM »
Hello James and All, I was intrigued and scribbled some thoughts earlier but never got around to posting them.

Two questions, James:

Did the mother share any of her son's ideas or interests related to his plans for the future? (Like Robin, I feel like that's the most sensible place to start this kind of astrological inquiry.)

Did you get any feedback from the mother on what was suggested in the posts here?

Offline James Williams

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »
Hi pdw,

Actually, it was a bit difficult for the mother to focus on her son's potential, as she was more talking about his defiance towards her, and his anger.  The mother really doesn't know what her son should do vocationally, but knows that he most likely will not go to college, and she doesn't want to put him in a vocational school during his last two years of high school.  Anything that has been suggested to her regarding vocational possibilities has not really registered with her...she really has no clue as to what he will do.  In this case, I've suggested to her that he take the Strong's Interest Inventory, and other aptitude tests during his upcoming junior and senior years.  But this is one of the reasons why so many for so long have left Ohio once they've graduated from high school to go to other states with more promising job futures.  There is a general apathy in this area, and it's been like that pretty much even when I graduated high school from here back in the late 70's.  But it's gotten worse since the recession hit back in 2008, and it will be a long time before it gets better here in Ohio...

Offline pdw

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 12:26:07 PM »
Interesting, James. Thanks for this background info...I might take another look at his chart.

Sounds like you offered the mother some good practical advice and something potentially helpful to do (the interest inventory and aptitude tests). For his Scorpio Moon-MC in particular, I can imagine that personal interest, passion, intensity may fuel his working life (eventually, with maturity).

Offline Robynne

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 11:44:46 PM »
Thanks pdw, and Jim for filling in more of the background,

I'm looking at the chart, and can see certain potentials, I can see how Stacy came to the conclusion about nursing (possibly caretaking too) but what would more immediately concern me is that he has an unaspected Sun. Is there a father in the picture?

Also, he has transiting Pluto having crossed his Ascendant with Mars soon to catch up.

The most immediate thing would be that someone is actually caring enough to take an interest in helping him to think about his future, in a real way. It could potentially be an empowering time, but with a 16 year old it could just as easily go the other way and be explosive.

Taken from the Sixth house North Node in Cancer cj Jupiter, with ruler Moon in the 9th, I wouldn't rule out tourism and travel though.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:16:44 AM by Robynne »