Author Topic: Diverticulitis  (Read 897 times)

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Diverticulitis
« on: April 14, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »
My son, Ian has developed a rather nasty case of diverticulitis.  He is anticipating needing to have surgery in early May to remove the affected part of his large intestine.  His birth data is:  August 5, 1978 @ 12:36 pm in Medford, Oregon, with 27:20 Libra rising.  Any insight will be appreciated.

Don
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Robynne

Re: Diverticulitis
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:15:12 PM »
Hello Don,

Think it relates to his Virgo stellium, and if so he would have been having some problems with inflammation for a while. Am very familiar with diverticulitis as a number of my family have it, and my brother has had a major bowel resection because of that in the past. I haven't ever had problems with diverticulitis and attribute that mostly to eating only brown, rye or wholemeal bread, using unrefined sugar, (raw sugar), and olive oil or avocado spreads rather than butter. More fibre and roughage. Its definitely diet related.

Have tried to convert them all, because I care, but only some listen. This was recommended to me by a hospital dietician a long time ago.

Hope that helps.  :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:38:06 PM by Robynne »
~Only with the heart can you see rightly, what is invisible to the naked eye~

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:03:29 AM »
Don,

Sorry to hear about Ian...

Solar Arcs (Next Birthday)

Mars6-7=Neptune5
Saturn3=Venus12-Asc,8

I hope that under the current transits he finds himself well supported with Saturn quintile the Ascendant and transiting Sun shining much needed light on the situation. Transiting Uranus having just crossed the cusp of the 7th house suggests much in the way of change to his personal situation and potentially health as it relates to his significant relations. I wonder if some 'emotional' experience (Hamer) set matters off some six months ago (I think Lauren used an orb of six months to connect experiences).

With Neptune squaring Neptune much of this may be related to 5th house matters of affections being rejected, deceived or betrayed somehow. Interesting points Robynne makes as sometimes these personal experiences find their way into our habits displacing our need for love and giving love with inappropriate entertainment or "stress eating" as opposed to eating consciously.

Pluto is building to oppose Jupiter which will be joined by Mars, but Mars just recently squared natal Pluto. Interestingly, six months ago, transiting Mars was conjunct natal Venus (ruler of the 12th) and Pluto was quindecile the MC. Uranus too was quindecile the Ascendant and moving toward to 7th cusp. I am curious about some devastating news he may have received around that time as Mercury came to the Ascendant as well. Did he hear echos in his life experience relating to much earlier experiences and perhaps related to his relationship experience with his mother? Uranus rules the 4th house cusp and obviously YOU are in the picture as well.

In some ways the impractical considerations of the minds propensity to reconstruct our memories may not feel very helpful; may not make any sense in terms of the here and now AND now what? and so on. But it sounds as though Ian is under proper care and that with some insightful reflection during his convalescence he may rethink or reconstruct with the necessary detail how he can better attend to himself in healing ways. And that no amount of detail is too small for him to realize the wisdom in thinking that matters of time are his ally and not his foe. That life happens ON TIME.

All the best,

Tim
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:16:09 AM by Hudson Valley Astrologer »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 03:25:41 AM »
Sorry to hear that Don.  To follow up on Tim's comment regarding L.D. and GNM, here is an informative link on diverticulitis...

http://learninggnm.com/SBS/documents/intestines.html#Colon_PCL_Appendicitis_IBS
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:22:30 AM »
James,

I don't know if you are "planning" on taking time away from the Forum, or if times demands placed on you take you away, but I wanted to say that I will miss your presence. Your prompts and participation have been epic and at times provocative but always with a demeanor of service to the truth.

If my intuition is anywhere near correct I shall miss that, and you. Thanks again for the Hamer link.

And best of everything in your continued journey as a light to yourself and others.

Tim

Offline James Williams

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 04:35:39 AM »
Thank you Tim, but I'm not going anywhere for a while...despite what you may hear...although I may indeed cut down some...

;)
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 05:23:57 AM »
 8)

No didn't "hear" anything. Not at least from the gossip corner since I really don't hang out there... Just a bit of "horse sense" that from time to time comes in uninvited. So I just wanted to share that sentiment.

And circling back to Don's topic that "horse sense" can be inviolable if we don't pay attention in regards to what Hamer called "conflict relapses" and "hanging healing." The idea the emotional crises "imprints" on our psyche and can permanently agitate our well being by reference pains or illness is potentially eye opening.

For Ian there may in fact be an opening here for an 'awakening' of sorts. Hopefully Don will come around and share some insights of his own so that we can all learn more about it together.

Tim

Offline James Williams

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:31:04 AM »
8)

No didn't "hear" anything. Not at least from the gossip corner since I really don't hang out there... Just a bit of "horse sense" that from time to time comes in uninvited. So I just wanted to share that sentiment.

Tim

Thank you Tim.  I hear you.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 05:40:29 AM »
Don, would you share when Ian became aware of his diverticulitis?  I'm wondering if it was earlier this year, or if it steadily grew worse throughout January, February, and March?

Offline Halina

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 05:41:00 AM »
      The asteroid for Diverticula & Diverticulitis is Beer.   Mr. Beer, a researcher on the topic, correlated the clinical and histological findings.   He was able to identify it by tissue and cell damage.    Below is your son's natal, solar arc and transits tridial for diverticulitis surgery showing how the asteroid Beer identifies the disease.
      We have a son who has Crohn's disease so understand your concern.   Here is a section from James Wms. site:
"BIOLOGICAL CONFLICT: According to its function, the biological conflict linked to the small intestine is “not being able to absorb or digest a morsel” (see also stomach, duodenum, colon, and pancreas gland). The conflict is experienced as anger, for instance, anger about a person (a family member, friend, neighbor, colleague, employee, supervisor, client, teacher, student, classmate, coach, doctor, authorities), about a situation (work-related anger, school-related anger, relationship-related anger), or about remarks (accusations, insults, criticism) or news that are “hard to take” or difficult to “digest”.

In line with evolutionary reasoning, morsel conflicts are the primary conflict theme associated with brainstem-controlled organs deriving from the endoderm.   

CONFLICT-ACTIVE PHASE: Starting with the DHS, during the conflict-active phase intestinal cells proliferate proportionally to the intensity of the conflict. The biological purpose of the cell increase is to be better able to absorb and digest the morsel. With prolonged conflict activity a flat growth (absorptive type) develops in the small intestine. At the distal end of the ileum, which has a thinner wall than the jejunum, the growth can also take a cauliflower-shaped form (secretory type). This could lead to a bowel obstruction or so-called ileus. In conventional medicine, the thickening of the intestinal wall might be diagnosed as a cancer (jejunal cancer or ileal cancer).
      Anger issues are shown by his following midpoints: Moon=Mars/MC; Mercury=Mars/MH;  Mars=Mercury/Asc;  MH=Merc/Mars.   After the surgery try not to promote angy discussions/topics with him especially during or after meal time when digestion is taking place.   He needs a peaceful environment.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:01:48 AM by Halina »

Offline Antonio

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »
Thank you Tim, but I'm not going anywhere for a while...despite what you may hear...although I may indeed cut down some... ;)

Don't Worry, He Won't Get Faro on Foot!  ;)

Offline James Williams

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 08:49:27 AM »
LOL, Faro...any relation to Charo?!

;D

Offline Antonio

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
LOL, Faro...any relation to Charo?! ;D

Absolutely no 'cuchi-cuchi'!  Please, pay attention! You are scheduled to fly to Faro in the Algarve... don't go buy a ticket to Faro in North Carolina!   ::)

If you have more questions, go Talk to Books!
To stay on Don's topic, ask about "Diverticulitis"
https://books.google.com/talktobooks/

"In Talk to Books, when you type in a question or a statement, the model looks at every sentence in over 100,000 books to find the responses that would most likely come next in a conversation. The response sentence is shown in bold, along with some of the text that appeared next to the sentence for context."

Offline James Williams

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 04:45:41 PM »
Antonio, I'd fly to Faro to see Charo!

Might even ask about diverticulitis on the flight over...

;D

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 07:00:30 PM »
I would like to thank Robynne, Tim, James and Halina for examining Ian's chart.  Since he has 4 Virgo planets, it's no wonder that he has some intestinal problems.  Interestingly, although Ian's chart reflects my own to quite an extent, I've never had any intestinal disorders.   I'll write more in a while.

Don B.
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR