Author Topic: Fired!  (Read 12617 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Fired!
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
Pam,

Just viewing your nieces chart again, I would still be looking to her Mars opposite Saturn rx, even though out of sign.
Pluto is too gradual and too slow moving, although intense and transformational, but throughout her life will probably bring up tests in the use of personal power or potency.

Often with Mars - Saturn it can feel like maximum effort or energy input for very little or slow reward or results. With Saturn being rx, in a house of its detriment and in Pisces, it still feels like throughout her life, lessons in patience and looking at long term goals, would be testing but eventually rewarding.

Saturn rx often can actually indicate underlying shyness or reserve.

Btw; Liz Greene was my main early astrology teacher too via her books. I think she holds a more feminine perspective.

Am looking at the overall perspective here though, sorry if it sounds simplistic.

Thank you very much, Robynne.  (I hadn't checked back here for a while because I figured this thread was done with).  What you say above (highlighted in red) is very true of my niece, and not simplistic at all.  I hope you're right that she will eventually be rewarded for her pains!

Glad to know I'm not the only person on this board who admires Liz Greene.  Astrology is a wide-ranging subject; it has plenty of room for many different theoretical approaches.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2018, 08:59:47 AM »
Pam,

Just viewing your nieces chart again, I would still be looking to her Mars opposite Saturn rx, even though out of sign.
Pluto is too gradual and too slow moving, although intense and transformational, but throughout her life will probably bring up tests in the use of personal power or potency.

Often with Mars - Saturn it can feel like maximum effort or energy input for very little or slow reward or results. With Saturn being rx, in a house of its detriment and in Pisces, it still feels like throughout her life, lessons in patience and looking at long term goals, would be testing but eventually rewarding.

Excellent addition, Robynne. Don’t know how Pamela will respond but I feel like this is the best (most astute and useful) comment about her niece’s Mars-Saturn opposition so far.

I’d add that her niece's emphasized natal Pluto (Ascendant ruler in her 1st House) squares this natal Mars-Saturn opposition, forming an angular, fixed T-Square. Looks to me like a strong stabilizing foundation for learning how to successfully manage (Pluto) Mars acceleration (personal initiative, courage, enthusiasm) and Saturn brakes (such as difficult circumstances, unfulfilled expectations, and  self-doubt). Perhaps she’s especially wired to experience-develop personal confidence, resourcefulness, and faith in herself (with the Leo-Scorpio-Pisces emphasis).   

Pamela, hasn’t she already encountered this dynamic, in a way? If I recall, didn’t she come up against personal rejection in college – loving to act and perform, but being passed over for roles which led to personal reevaluation and a change to the technical side of theater arts? 

Still, I don’t see the above in emphasis on June 25, so I’m having a hard time considering it a direct reflection of your niece’s firing. However, now that we know her chart included SA Sun=Uranus potential (thanks, Barbara), referencing and emphasizing contacts to her natal Uranus, I think there’s a compelling case for transiting Mercury to be the firing trigger on June 25 – when it was conjunct her natal Mercury (10th co-ruler, referencing work) and opposing her natal Neptune-Uranus (fitting the 'suddenly let go' scenario).

Thanks, pdw.  You're absolutely right.  She had thought, all through high school and on into university, that she wanted to perform, either as an actress and/or a singer.  She loves to perform; she just loves being onstage with people watching her.  She never suffered from stage fright even when she had to sing or give piano recitals in front of hundreds of people; I would have been a basket case, but she just eats it up. 

She still loves performing but somewhere along the way, in university, she either lost confidence in her abilities or just decided, for whatever reason, that she was not cut out to be a professional singer or actress after all; I don't know what the process involved.  It's true that, after her first year in university was over, she did not make it into the acting stream in her theatre arts programme, and was put into a more general stream which in large part focused on behind the scenes stagecraft, like lighting and scenery painting, etc.  Not my niece's cup of tea at all; she doesn't want to be behind the scenes!  She was particularly interested in acting in films and TV, not in theatre itself so much.  And when she finally finished the four years of her B.A., she told her parents that she felt she wasn't talented enough to compete successfully with those who were, and that she'd made a mistake going into the programme in the first place.  She had honestly thought it was what she wanted, at the time, but she ended up changing her mind.

As I read this, it does sound like it fits Mars opposing Saturn, doesn't it?!  Especially with her Mars in Leo, the sign of performance, in the 10th house of career, and Saturn in Pisces (just barely) in the 4th house of home and family; Saturn in Pisces could be read as a fear of the arts, or of performing as an artist, and being in the 4th could indicate that this was somehow involved with family or paternal roots. 

The interesting thing, as I think about it now, is that she got her love of performing from her father, who also happens to have a Mars-Saturn opposition; his is almost exact - from Mars at 27º Leo (yes, the same as his daughter's) to Saturn at 28º Aquarius.  His Sun is at 8º Scorpio, thus conjunct his daughter's Ascendant in the 1st house.  He would have liked to have been a professional musician, or be involved somehow in the arts.  His mother was a semi-professional singer who, like my niece, loved performing and never suffered from stage fright, far from it.  My niece's father has Libra (art) on the MC (career) with both Moon (mother) and Venus (women; art) in Libra;  I kind of wonder now if my niece was trying to live out the life he would have liked to have had, which he may have felt would have honoured his mother. 

A lot of parents would have thought it was totally impractical to even attempt to have the kind of performing career that my niece thought she wanted; her mother certainly thought she was probably wasting her time taking Theatre Arts in university, but her father considered such a career a genuine possibility, I guess because his own mother had sung professionally, and he would have liked to have followed suit.  I wonder now if maybe my niece was trying to please her father and do what she thought he wanted her to do, which would honour both him and her grand-mother and fulfill their wishes.  I doubt this was conscious on her part; I think she really thought it was what she herself wanted.  But I gather she came to see that it was not perhaps the best path for her. 

Well, I'm just speculating here.  She certainly still wants to work in the arts in some way, especially film or TV.  And by the way, when I said in a recent post that she has a gift for editing, I meant film editing, not the editing of the written word.

P.S. - Edited to correct what I previously wrote, that her father's Sun was conjunct her Ascendant from the 12th house; it's conjunct her Ascendant, in her 1st house.  I misspoke; duh.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:15:26 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 09:19:32 AM »
Did your niece have a disagreement 4 days earlier at lunch time? Or perhaps rejected a come on from a superior around then?

Anlunar (lunar return using solar return from current solar return) progressed to June 25 at 9 am, EDT with secondary progressed natal around it.

Shock and unexpected confusion indicated by return Pluto on the Desc with progressed natal Uranus and Neptune all opposite secondary progressed Sun on the Asc.

The same chart set for June 21 is why I asked about that date. Your niece may not have thought it was such a big deal but someone else may have.

Bob, I haven't forgotten your questions, and I'm going to ask my niece when she gets home, after giving her a day or so to recuperate from the journey.  I'll be very glad when she's back; the transits to her chart (and her mother's) are sure not what I would have chosen for flying.  Yesterday's eclipse hit both their charts hard, and it was only a few hours ago. 

Well, on Wednesday my niece went skydiving for the first time in her life (and hopefully the last, as far as I'm concerned).  She jumped from a plane from 11,000 feet, strapped to an experienced skydiver; they were in free fall for 45 seconds, and then parachuted down to the ground over the course of 8 (long) minutes (I've seen the video).  I thought she was stark, raving mad to do such a thing, but she found it thrilling.  Hopefully that experience soaked up the vibrations of the eclipse!

Offline James Williams

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »
It will be interesting to see if she's drawn to some kind of 8th House occupation, since in her Jyotisha birth chart, the ruler of her 10th is in the 8th...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Halina

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2018, 05:24:43 PM »
Hi James,  I also found her 8th House to be her strongest house in tropical.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »
Hi Halina, yes, the 8th House here is key...actually, she has already begun to utilize it since Ketu rules films, and the 8th House signifies editing, so with the ruler of the 10th (Moon) in the 8th--and tightly conjunct Ketu--we can easily see that strong emotional connection to film editing.

But on the other hand, it is important to remember that the ruler of the 10th in the 6th, 8th, or 12th constitutes Dur Yoga.  This can lead to problems or obstacles in career when activated by certain dasha periods.  Indeed, she was running Rahu-Sun-Moon in her Vimshottari Dasha when she was unceremoniously dismissed back on June 25...

Vimsottari Dasa:

Rah MD: 2003-11-06 (11:23:27 am) - 2021-11-05 (8:01:01 pm)
  Sun AD: 2018-05-25 (5:57:49 pm) - 2019-04-19 (11:11:41 am)

Pratyantardasas in this AD:

Sun: 2018-05-25 (5:57:49 pm) - 2018-06-11 (4:25:30 am)
   Moon: 2018-06-11 (4:25:30 am) - 2018-07-08 (1:51:40 pm)
   Mars: 2018-07-08 (1:51:40 pm) - 2018-07-27 (6:03:58 pm)
   Rah: 2018-07-27 (6:03:58 pm) - 2018-09-15 (1:27:03 am)
   Jup: 2018-09-15 (1:27:03 am) - 2018-10-28 (9:20:54 pm)
   Sat: 2018-10-28 (9:20:54 pm) - 2018-12-19 (10:28:36 pm)
   Merc: 2018-12-19 (10:28:36 pm) - 2019-02-04 (12:07:04 pm)
   Ket: 2019-02-04 (12:07:04 pm) - 2019-02-23 (4:19:22 pm)
   Ven: 2019-02-23 (4:19:22 pm) - 2019-04-19 (11:11:41 am)

It will be wise of her to keep this in mind during future Moon or Ketu sub-periods...

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Antonio

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2018, 04:38:44 AM »
She certainly still wants to work in the arts in some way, especially film or TV.  And by the way, when I said in a recent post that she has a gift for editing, I meant film editing, not the editing of the written word.

And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.
Bob Dylan

Youtube Content Editor jobs (and more):
https://www.indeed.com/q-Youtube-Content-Editor-jobs.html
https://www.entertainmentcareers.net/jobs/s/Youtube-Video-Editor/
https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/?q=editor%20video%20youtube

How to Get Famous and Make Money On YouTube:
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/300821
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Yourself-Famous-on-YouTube

etc...

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 07:58:12 AM »
the 8th House here is key...actually, she has already begun to utilize it since Ketu rules films, and the 8th House signifies editing, so with the ruler of the 10th (Moon) in the 8th--and tightly conjunct Ketu--we can easily see that strong emotional connection to film editing.

Thanks, James.  I didn't know that Ketu rules films, or that the 8th house signifies editing; this is very helpful. 

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 08:00:57 AM »
She certainly still wants to work in the arts in some way, especially film or TV.  And by the way, when I said in a recent post that she has a gift for editing, I meant film editing, not the editing of the written word.

And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'.
Bob Dylan

Youtube Content Editor jobs (and more):
https://www.indeed.com/q-Youtube-Content-Editor-jobs.html
https://www.entertainmentcareers.net/jobs/s/Youtube-Video-Editor/
https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/?q=editor%20video%20youtube

How to Get Famous and Make Money On YouTube:
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/300821
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Yourself-Famous-on-YouTube

etc...

Thank you so much, Antonio.  I had never thought of her editing YouTube videos, but that's a great idea; I'm going to pass on all these links to my niece.  And thank you for the Bob Dylan quote; makes me feel much better!

Offline pdw

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
Pamela, thanks for further background. Fascinating how her chart potentially reflects:

-the inherited performing talent which I see connected to her Libra 12th House (referencing music and performing in her family's past) and its ruler, Venus, so strongly emphasized in her chart. It's a final dispositor in Taurus (pleasing earthy charm, talent; likes the 'good life', material security, and seeing results); it's  peregrine (perhaps another indication of special talent and challenge to be successful with it); it's angular in her 7th (more emphasis on interacting with and being appreciated by others); and it squares her MC-IC, a direct line to the parental axis and parental influence, such as…   

-identifying with her father’s love of performing – gosh, Mars in her 10th conjunct her father’s Mars sure is an amazing reflection of her actual experience. Opposing her Pisces Saturn in the 4th, I thought about how ‘unfinished business’, a lingering dream, and work experience – both her father’s and hers – may factor into refining her inspiration and goals with practicality.

What would we look for to reflect TV/Film editing? I thought about a fine-tuned discriminating Virgo emphasis; the patience to work with a lot of details and be a servant, so to speak, behind the scenes. Your niece doesn’t have a Virgo emphasis… But I also thought about editing as collaboration and shared vision with others – such as we might anticipate with your niece’s natal Gemini Sun and Moon in her 8th House (suggesting individual focus on sharing ideas, information, and intellect with others). Technical expertise and organization skills also come to mind – and seems like your niece’s natal Neptune-Uranus in her Capricorn 3rd could support working with specialized technology in the entertainment field.     

Love how she celebrated the eclipse (conjunct her natal 9th House Mercury) with such an exciting, new, high-flying experience!

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
niece
18 jun 1993
guelph, ont, canada
4:35 pm

chart with tnos

Offline James Williams

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2018, 04:27:26 AM »
the 8th House here is key...actually, she has already begun to utilize it since Ketu rules films, and the 8th House signifies editing, so with the ruler of the 10th (Moon) in the 8th--and tightly conjunct Ketu--we can easily see that strong emotional connection to film editing.

Thanks, James.  I didn't know that Ketu rules films, or that the 8th house signifies editing; this is very helpful.

Yes, in my notes I see that someone on the Saptarishis Astrology website equated Ketu with films, and made the comment that it is very similar to Neptune in that regard.  And I believe Noel defined the 8th House as reorganizing, rearranging, improving things, etc.  This would nicely parallel one of the 8th House significations in one's Jyotisha charts as well...

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
Did your niece have a disagreement 4 days earlier at lunch time? Or perhaps rejected a come on from a superior around then?

Anlunar (lunar return using solar return from current solar return) progressed to June 25 at 9 am, EDT with secondary progressed natal around it.

Shock and unexpected confusion indicated by return Pluto on the Desc with progressed natal Uranus and Neptune all opposite secondary progressed Sun on the Asc.

The same chart set for June 21 is why I asked about that date. Your niece may not have thought it was such a big deal but someone else may have.

Bob, I haven't forgotten your questions, and I'm going to ask my niece when she gets home, after giving her a day or so to recuperate from the journey.  I'll be very glad when she's back; the transits to her chart (and her mother's) are sure not what I would have chosen for flying.  Yesterday's eclipse hit both their charts hard, and it was only a few hours ago. 

Well, on Wednesday my niece went skydiving for the first time in her life (and hopefully the last, as far as I'm concerned).  She jumped from a plane from 11,000 feet, strapped to an experienced skydiver; they were in free fall for 45 seconds, and then parachuted down to the ground over the course of 8 (long) minutes (I've seen the video).  I thought she was stark, raving mad to do such a thing, but she found it thrilling.  Hopefully that experience soaked up the vibrations of the eclipse!

Well, Bob, it looks like I'm not going to be able to ask my niece your questions.  They got home fine despite the eclipse; just had to deal with their flight being delayed for two hours, and then my niece caught a cold while on the flight, and her mother got a sore throat.  Then yesterday I asked her mother (my sister) if it would be okay if I asked her some questions relating to her being let go from her job, and she asked me to please not bring it up at all.  She said her daughter has put it all behind her, and is looking forward to finding something new; she's feeling very energized by her skydiving experience, and is enthusiastic about the future.  So of course I'm going to abide by her wishes.

However, I did find out one thing which I had been unaware of.  I had been under the impression that everything was completely hunky-dory for my niece at her job, but it turns out that she had felt from the beginning that her immediate superior didn't like her; then, just a couple of days before she was let go, things suddenly seemed to turn around with the woman, and my niece felt that they were getting along great.  I suspect that what actually happened was that the woman's attitude towards my niece changed once she had arranged to get rid of her. 

Grr.  Well, what can you do?  It happens all the time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:34:17 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2018, 06:39:34 AM »
Pamela, thanks for further background. Fascinating how her chart potentially reflects:

-the inherited performing talent which I see connected to her Libra 12th House (referencing music and performing in her family's past) and its ruler, Venus, so strongly emphasized in her chart. It's a final dispositor in Taurus (pleasing earthy charm, talent; likes the 'good life', material security, and seeing results); it's  peregrine (perhaps another indication of special talent and challenge to be successful with it); it's angular in her 7th (more emphasis on interacting with and being appreciated by others); and it squares her MC-IC, a direct line to the parental axis and parental influence, such as…   

-identifying with her father’s love of performing – gosh, Mars in her 10th conjunct her father’s Mars sure is an amazing reflection of her actual experience. Opposing her Pisces Saturn in the 4th, I thought about how ‘unfinished business’, a lingering dream, and work experience – both her father’s and hers – may factor into refining her inspiration and goals with practicality.

What would we look for to reflect TV/Film editing? I thought about a fine-tuned discriminating Virgo emphasis; the patience to work with a lot of details and be a servant, so to speak, behind the scenes. Your niece doesn’t have a Virgo emphasis… But I also thought about editing as collaboration and shared vision with others – such as we might anticipate with your niece’s natal Gemini Sun and Moon in her 8th House (suggesting individual focus on sharing ideas, information, and intellect with others). Technical expertise and organization skills also come to mind – and seems like your niece’s natal Neptune-Uranus in her Capricorn 3rd could support working with specialized technology in the entertainment field.     

Love how she celebrated the eclipse (conjunct her natal 9th House Mercury) with such an exciting, new, high-flying experience!

Pdw, thank you very much for your insightful comments; so true, all of it.  I had wondered about her abilities with film editing, given the lack of Virgo emphasis which might have been expected.  I guess it is indeed the Neptune-Uranus conjunction in her 3rd house that accounts for it; with Neptune signifying film and Uranus signifying technology, and the 3rd house being communication, it does make sense. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:56:20 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2018, 06:40:46 AM »
niece
18 jun 1993
guelph, ont, canada
4:35 pm

chart with tnos

Thanks, Jim.  Feel free to discuss the significance of the TNOs in my niece's chart.