Author Topic: Sun-Jupiter squares and oppositions : expansion and collapse  (Read 1198 times)

Offline adol33

Sun-Jupiter squares and oppositions : expansion and collapse
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:03:04 PM »
If you look at the aspects involved in stock market crashes, you will quite often see the Sun and Jupiter in hard aspect. This aspect also appears to affect people in a similar way, an crash after an unnatural period of inflation. I started watching this nearly 20 years ago when my stepfather's son, who had Sun opposite Jupiter in his natal chart and was seriously overweight, jumped off the 12th floor of a block of flats on our beachfront and landed on a concrete balcony. It was a sad story and obviously insensitive of him for not considering the residents who experienced this tragedy, but they said it sounded like an explosion.

Rick Genest, the artist known for his all-over body tattoos in Lady Gaga's video, 'Born this way', apparently fell or committed suicide yesterday. He was born on August 7, 1985, and had a Sun-Jupiter opposition, forming a Grand Cross with the node.

He had Mercury in a tight square to Saturn, endured a brain tumor in his youth.

Here are Sepharial's interpretations for his natal Sun and Mercury positions:

SUN: 15 of Leo: This degree gives an inborn power oriented toward a social life. The native is capable of attracting the crowds. He may be very ethically oriented or very treacherous, but he is powerful. The influence may go so far as to incorporate all of the mental abilities to bolster the social life. The native is always keenly conscious of his own image and innate abilities. He is a performer, regardless of the area in which he chooses to work. He will succeed because of his attunement to what is going on around him, not that he is a follower. He is a leader who knows where to start and how to keep in touch. He takes great pleasure in display and he has much to show. He manages to keep the spotlight of his world be it large or small. Inborn power and superiority over others; whether bodily or moral or else, other pointers in the horoscope must decide. The native is conscious of his own worth, whatever it might be. In well-developed beings this degree will nurture lofty aspirations and inner pride; in the coarser ones it will lead to vain ambitions and display. Something special will single out the subject anyhow is it for good or evil, through bright mental gifts or spiritual prominence, through money or even brute force; in what manner and how far will depend, as mentioned above, on the other threads in the astrological pattern.

MER: 20 of Leo: This native often appears to be a failure, like a rolling stone which never arrives. Many of these natives do achieve high points of success but always after much time and effort have been expended. They seem to be saddled with something demanding much persistence without much promise. Most of these natives eventually prove equal to the task. If Mercury or a third house influence is strong he may be involved with written documents or may be a writer himself. There is much imagination and resourcefulness. A strong character, resentful of outward restraint and impatient of any fetters; a bright and manifold intelligence, an intuitive and imaginative mind. Famous and influential people will like and support the native, who will enjoy also the friendship and cooperation of the best minds.

It does appear that he was born this way. Again, I often wonder how much freedom of choice we do really have.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 11:15:07 PM by adol33 »

amymaddalozzo

Re: Sun-Jupiter squares and oppositions : expansion and collapse
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:25:27 AM »
I find this very interesting because I have my natal sun in late Leo opposed my Jupiter in early Pisces. 
However, the Jupiter is part of a grand trine in water.  Amy