Author Topic: What Makes Somebody a Hypochondriac?  (Read 674 times)

Offline Halina

What Makes Somebody a Hypochondriac?
« on: August 31, 2018, 05:41:17 PM »
       Here are the top 10 notable hypochondriacs.     If you have charts of people who were hypochondriacs.....what factors in the chart made them so?
https://www.toptenz.net/top-10-famous-hypochondriacs.php
       As far as asteroids go.....one of the asteroids for hypochondria is the asteroid "Burton".     See Andy Worhol's natal chart  which shows propensity to hypochondria.
       REX BILLS in his "The Rulership Book",
gives hypochondria as ruled by.....Neptune, Saturn, Capricorn, Moon, Cancer, (Virgo).    Worhol has Sun/Moon = Saturn.   Mars-MH square Asc-Neptune.
       Hypochondriacs also suffer from other maladies. ......here is an excerpt concerning their other maladies:
      "Hypochondriasis is often accompanied by other psychological disorders. Bipolar disorder, clinical depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), phobias, and somatization disorder are the most common accompanying conditions in people with hypochondriasis, as well as a generalized anxiety disorder diagnosis at some point in their life."
       If you are testing someone's chart for hypochondria, you can find the ephemeris for asteroid Burton, here, just plug in name Rurton and date you want...
                      www.true.node.com/eph1
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:59:20 PM by Halina »

Offline Robynne

Re: What Makes Somebody a Hypochondriac?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:11:10 PM »
Oversensitivity and attention to detail, I think, Halina.

But, the chart of a hypochondriac and the chart of a  skilled diagnostician can look similar in my experience,
(having an awful lot of friends who work in healthcare that have similar type signatures, and have kindly provided their birth details over the years).

Tricky to discern the difference.

Maybe look at Michael Jackson's chart?

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Jackson,_Michael_(1958)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:36:55 PM by Robynne »
~A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words~

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »
Thanx Robynne,   Anxiety is the worry, fear, dread or nervousness about an imminent event, a projection or an uncertain outcome.   Here is a list of planets, asteroids to use in a chart, say Michael Jackson's. to see how they promote anxiety/hypochondria:
    1. Atlantis= impending doom or punishment.
    2. Uranus=concern re sudden, upsetting, unexpected events.
    3. Pluto under duress=uncertain that one would lose control of a situation.
    4. Libitina=a dire outlook that one can expect uncertainty.
    5. Saturn=interjects a bit of fear about problems.
    6. Transnept Kronos & asteroid Kron=worry about competence to handle a problem.
    7. Pythia= adds the feeling "Who knows what can happen".
    8. Sphinx=the scary unknown.
    9. Ophelia= over-reaction to a problem.
   10. Roberts=points to anxiety as in hypochondria.    Kant, another hypochondria asteroid.
   11. Pan= an anxiety morphs into panic.
   12. Anxiety can cause increased heart beat, this is asteroid Wolff and to cardiac asteroids, Eros, Valentine, Harvey.
   13. Transnept Zeus and asteroid Zeus both inflame anxiety.
   14. In the brain, anxiety is associated with the volume of the striatum which leads to increased uncertainty.   Use asteroid Voigt for striatum.
Now let's look at Michael Jackson for all these factors interacting with each other.    See the concentrated interactions to the stellium in his 6th of Health and to the stellium in his Ascendant, his body.  No wonder he was on so many medications.
    Rex Bills gives ANXIETY as Saturn, Mercury and 12th House, and give HYPOCHONDRIA as Neptune, Saturn, Capricorn, Moon, Cancer, (Virgo).....see how these are affected in Michael's chart below:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:34:23 AM by Halina »

Offline pdw

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:49:26 AM »
FYI Halina and All, I remembered Noel starting a thread on this topic a while back. Turns out it was in 2013 and here's a link in case anyone is interested -   

http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=5869.0

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 11:28:20 AM »
Thanks PDW,  using the Huber perspective, Michael''s Mercury and Pluto are stressed at the cusp of his natal 10th House.....his career was a source of his stress.
Also his Mars is stressed by being on the cusp of his 7th House, so relationships, both personal and business one's would also be a source of stress contributing to his hypochondria.
      His Age Point, conjuncting or making aspects to these stress areas, would have increased his hypochondria.    Checking his biography for stress dates we could then see where his Age Point was on that date in his chart and whether that correlated to aspects to the stress areas.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
Thanks Halina and pdw,

Have often wondered if MJ's nervous disposition stemmed from perfectionist tendencies on overdrive.

He's a good study as his life was so well documented.
~A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words~

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 03:24:10 PM »
I have observed hypochondriacs to have a surfeit of Virgo in their birthcharts.  One client of mine who is a hell of a hypochondriac was actually envious of my going to a podiatrist to have an ingrown toenail cut out, as he had never gone to a podiatrist.

Don B. 
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 10:35:24 AM »
I am of the opinion that Pisces Moons have LOTS of problems.  in fact it breaks my heart ( :'( ) when I discover that someone I admire has the Moon in Pisces.

Don B.
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR