Author Topic: Indonesia Earthquake and Tsunami  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Isaac Starkman

Indonesia Earthquake and Tsunami
« on: September 30, 2018, 12:08:03 AM »
The modern state of Indonesia was established on 17th August 1945, 10:00am, Jakarta, when the independence of Indonesia was declared after Japan surrended- according to Nicholas Campion.

On 28 September 2018 18.02 AWST, a shallow earthquake struck in the neck of the Minahassa Peninsula, Indonesia, with its epicentre located on the mountainous Donggala Regency,Central Sulawesi.  Following the quake, a tsunami alert was issued for the nearby Makassar Strait, but was called off an hour after. However, a localised tsunami later struck Palu, sweeping shore-lying houses and buildings on its way, killing at least 832.

Using the time of 10.00 am, Asc is 22Lib00 (not 26Vir as in Astrotheme) transit Pluto on IC and in opposition to Saturn.
Converse Saturn on IC.
Transit helio Mars conjunct transit Neptune orb 32'

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:21:37 AM by Isaac Starkman »

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
Re: Indonesia Earthquake and Tsunami
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 11:08:06 AM »
Thanks Isaac.

Can you please explain a little as to why you prefer the Asia/Jayapura Time Zone?

I would expect Jakarta to be the proper signifying Time Zone.

Thanks...

HVA

Offline Robynne

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »
Thanks as well Isaac,

Have heard this three times on the radio.

Sulawesi is on WITA, Central Indonesia Time.
No DST.

The quake was 7.5 in magnitude.

The body count now stands at 840 + so a very big loss of life given the population.

Bless.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:21:57 PM by Robynne »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Steven7

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
Re: Brett Kavanaugh
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »

From the Kavanaugh thread referring to the 27th of September.

That looks like a very dangerous deadly day.
Mars is con Ketu  and it is on the eclipse point  4-44 Aquarius  back in August.
 Mars is trined by the Sun and Squared by the Moon, looks like Mars on steroids,
storms fires  accidents warfare  terrorism and watch out for murderous psychopaths.

http://planetwatcher.com/#1538064000

https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Indonesia

Sept 20th  Mercury was conjunct the Sun  at 27-40 Gemini
This was on Indonesia's MC it was also trined by the 27 Aquarius eclipse in February.

Natal Uranus and Mars  17 Gemini  got a 75 degree aspect from the 2 Aries Full Moon and  a 90 degree square from the 17 Virgo New Moon.

Natal Neptune 4-40 Libra was aspected by trans nodes and Mars 4-40 Aquarius  at the Blood Moon eclipse point made a trine.  Trans Sun and Moon also made tight aspect to natal Neptune.

I thought this 2 week time period would be cocked and primed for  a strong quake up to an 8.2 mag but I picked Banda Aceh Sumatra Indonesia where the 2004  monster 9.3 mag quake struck. So not accurate hundreds of miles off.

I just saw a Joni Patry video, she pointed out the dangers of Mars conjunct Ketu and it's terrible history when it cycles.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 06:37:34 AM »
Yep.  And here are the solar arcs for the earthquake, which some websites are calling a "moderate" quake.  Tsk.  I'd hate to confront a severe one. 

SA Pluto conjunct to the ASC....or almost.  Yikes.

Offline rollanrm

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 04:32:50 AM »
I always think it's worth checking with the lunations and in this case I note that the last lunation was at 17 Virgo, conj the cusp of the twelfth of potential loss and closely square the Mars and Uranus at 16 Gemini in the eighth of death. I would think the stress to Gemini is involved with the very poor coordination of rescue missions, the difficulty of transport getting through.