Author Topic: Richard Houck: The Astrology of Death  (Read 395 times)

Offline Halina

Richard Houck: The Astrology of Death
« on: December 02, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »
        Richard Houck was diagnosed with rectal cancer that had metastasized to his liver, lungs and lymphatic system.   He was the author of "The Astrology of Death."
        In April 1999, he was diagnosed with cancer.   Using diet and various alternate healing methods, he thrived through the year, feeling strong in spite of some weight loss.   However, in November 1999, Rick released the information that the right lobe of his liver has six tumors the diameter of a baseball and cancer is wrapped around the aorta and has metastasized through the body.   On 4/01/2001, his wife Paula send out the announcement that Rick had died.

Some time before, he had been interviewed for a program on Prophecy on television's Learning Channel. After explaining that is wasn't too hard to come up with the date of death for most charts he went on to say that he expected his own death on 9/13/2031 by heart attack.   He based his prediction on Vedic methods.
His prediction was out 30 years!!!!
       Let's look at his chart for the date of death. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:57:46 PM by Halina »

Offline amymaddalozzo

Re: Richard Houck: The Astrology of Death
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:33:09 AM »
I looked at his chart and progressions when he died. I think western astrology does a much better job in predicting death and serious illnesses than Vedic astrology.  Noel’s book does a very good job of covering illnesses.  A few years ago, I got from some outfit the Vedic charts for me and my late husband    These charts included predictions on how long my husband would live by 4 different methods. Boy, they were all wrong!   All predicted my husband would live a long time and he died at 54 years.   Amy

Offline James Williams

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Yama-Pays-Visit-Planets-ebook/dp/B072S63KC8/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1543965982&sr=8-54&keywords=marc+boney

Amy, both your husband's Vimshottari Dasha, and his Chara Dasha, clearly indicate markers for death as elucidated here by Marc Boney.

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline amymaddalozzo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »
I am a liitle confused as what is chara dasa.  some years ago, I had astrology center of america, which I think is out of business, print out my and Ron's vedic chart along with all the other charts and data.  Now, in Ron's they said that his Atma Karaka was jupiter--not surprising since he  was diagnosed with Hungtington's disease during a jupiter dasa.  My AK is saturn.  Now, they calculated Ayurdaya of longevity by 3 different methods:  Jaimini's ayurdaya gave Ron a life of  68 years.  Amsayurdaya was 76 years.  Pindayurdaya is 89 years and Nisargayurdaya is 84 years--all off base as he died when he was 54 years old.
In his western chart, transiting saturn was conjunct natal ascendent, transiting pluto was square progressed MC, secondary progressed Mercury, ruler of his natal  6th house was square secondary progressed pluto which ruled his 8th house.  Those are pretty good indications of death.  Ron was in his Saturn/venus period when he died   
Also a vedic site--can not remember who, predicted for a small fee, when I would die--July to September 2028 during Jupiter/moon period--can't remember the sub period  BUT  I give myself a little longer.. By the time  I get about 80-81, a number of progressions involving pluto are in affect, some significant transits.   Thanks   Amy

Offline Robynne

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 02:09:53 AM »
Amy,

I believe you and Don and I all experienced the death of our husbands/wife when they were aged between 50 - 55. I've wondered if there is some common denominator there, but have never really had the heart to investigate further. Some things take a long time to heal. It is quite a personal issue, but thanks for sharing, appreciate that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:12:55 AM by Robynne »
~A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words~

Offline James Williams

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 05:25:39 AM »
Amy, the ayurdaya of longevity calculated by those jyotishis is known to not be the most accurate ways to forecast illness or death.  Hence the reason none of them got it right.

The Chara Dasha that I utilize was developed by K.N. Rao, and there are many books out there on it by him and his students.  Tons of research has been done these last 3 decades utilizing it, and it is very reliable.

Your husband was running Saturn-Venus-Mercury in his Vimshottari Dasha when he made his transition, with Mercury being a maraka planet since it ruled his 7th House.  Mercury is aspected by Rahu-Ketu, and also by a retrograde Jupiter, his lagna lord.

His Venus is aspected by maraka lord Mars, as Mars rules his 2nd House.  Venus ruled his 3rd House (of longevity) and 8th House...

Transiting Saturn (ayushkaraka), ruling his mooltrikona 12th House, was debilitated and closely conjunct his lagna degree when he made his transition.    Additionally, transiting Venus, ruler of his 8th, was in the 12th along with transiting lagna lord Jupiter, as well as transiting Ketu...

In his Chara Dasha, he was running Scorpio-Sagittarius-Cancer-Libra-Aries-Aquarius.  Aquarius covered the time period from 3:49:34 AM to 4:02:15 AM on the day he made his transition.  Aquarius is aspected by his AK Jupiter, as well as by Rahu and his DK Sun.

Hope this helps somewhat to clarify things...

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:05 AM »
        Richard Houck was diagnosed with rectal cancer that had metastasized to his liver, lungs and lymphatic system.   He was the author of "The Astrology of Death."
        In April 1999, he was diagnosed with cancer.   Using diet and various alternate healing methods, he thrived through the year, feeling strong in spite of some weight loss.   However, in November 1999, Rick released the information that the right lobe of his liver has six tumors the diameter of a baseball and cancer is wrapped around the aorta and has metastasized through the body.   On 4/01/2001, his wife Paula send out the announcement that Rick had died.

Some time before, he had been interviewed for a program on Prophecy on television's Learning Channel. After explaining that is wasn't too hard to come up with the date of death for most charts he went on to say that he expected his own death on 9/13/2031 by heart attack.   He based his prediction on Vedic methods.
His prediction was out 30 years!!!!

Let's look at his chart for the date of death.

Just to be clear, the method Richard Houck used to forecast his death date did not involve any actual astrology, but rather the use of the palm leaf 'Nadi Granthas', ancient Vedic scriptures.  It's not fair to imply that his astrology was inaccurate, because it wasn't astrology that he used for this. 

Rick was a terrific astrologer, but he was also human; I think it's only human to prefer a later rather than an earlier death date.  To me, this just indicates that the Nadi Granthas cannot be trusted to be accurate; it says nothing about Rick's own astrological methods.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 06:06:50 AM »
Amy,

Can you try really hard to locate the site which predicted your transition and share with me please?  I appreciate your help.

thanks,
Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 08:14:28 AM »
       On David Hawthorne's You Tube video for Pres. Bush he states....."I only use Vimshottari Dasa, Main and 1st Sub period.....dividing the subperiods further is ridiculous, gets you nowhere and only goes around in circles."

Offline Halina

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »
        Isaac Starkman's rectification of George Bush Sr. is 11:31:18 am using 50 or so events which agreed with astrologer Alexander Marr.
Let's look at what Richard Houck got for his rectification of Bush Sr.    Please turn to pg 146 of "Astrology of Death" where Houck using 25
events states...." It became undisputably clear to me that Bush was actually born 3:45:30 PM on 12 June 1924 in Milton, MA."
       On pg 147 he posts Bush Senior's erroneous Vedic chart with erroneoud dasa periods.
       Would you trust this astrologer with death predictions?

Offline James Williams

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:54 AM »
       On David Hawthorne's You Tube video for Pres. Bush he states....."I only use Vimshottari Dasa, Main and 1st Sub period.....dividing the subperiods further is ridiculous, gets you nowhere and only goes around in circles."

Most jyotishis utilize more than this, especially if a person's birth time is accurate enough.  So obviously, most jyotishis do not agree with this statement by Mr. Hawthorne.  But if one does not know with enough accuracy a person's birth time, than using only mahadasha and antardasha could be a very appropriate usage...

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 03:10:34 AM »
        Isaac Starkman's rectification of George Bush Sr. is 11:31:18 am using 50 or so events which agreed with astrologer Alexander Marr.
Let's look at what Richard Houck got for his rectification of Bush Sr.    Please turn to pg 146 of "Astrology of Death" where Houck using 25
events states...." It became undisputably clear to me that Bush was actually born 3:45:30 PM on 12 June 1924 in Milton, MA."
       On pg 147 he posts Bush Senior's erroneous Vedic chart with erroneoud dasa periods.
       Would you trust this astrologer with death predictions?

Yes, I would trust this astrologer with death predictions, provided he was using an indisputably accurate birth time.  The problem for him, and not just him, is when you do a rectification first because the birth time is not known for sure.  Rectifications are notoriously undependable, and obviously if your death prediction is based on faulty birth data, the result will be off.

Offline Halina

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 10:01:14 AM »
Hi Amy, sorry about your husband's early passing.   Here is an ancient technique that reveals his chart's "Deadly Place" and how to calculate it.   Use the day/nite formula for Part of Fortune and Whole House system.    Below is hubby's day of passing in a triwheel.   Pencil in aspect from SA Saturn to SA Ascendant.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:43:17 AM by Halina »

Offline Halina

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 11:48:08 AM »
      EXAMPLE:    Whitney Houston, Longevity Study, Deadly Place.
In your computer program, in Settings, choose Day/Nite for Part of Fortune.....set up her natal chart, then a triwheel for death,
In her natal her Part of Fortune, using Whole Houses, is in the 5th House of entertainent, appropriate for a singer.    Count CCW
8 Houses and find her "Deadly Place" to be the 12th House containing Saturn, indicator of Longevity.   Check the strength/weakness
of this Saturn in Reports/Astrodynes.    Saturn is midstrength and is also in a cadent, weak House, suggesting LIFE SPAN is midlife,
living possibly for 50 years.
      Now look at a triwheel for her death and the aspects to this Saturn in the "Deadly Place", the 12th House.   This Saturn is,
1. conjuncted by trans Sun at 22 degrees, the death point,
2. aspected by Solar Arc Uranus from the natal 8th House of Death.  Uranus also rules "The Deadly Place", 12th House.
3. aspected by Solar Arc MH at 22 degrees, the death point.

She lived approximately 50 years as indicated by the strength of her Saturn, the longevity indicator.....born 1963, dying 2012.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:27:27 PM by Halina »

Offline amymaddalozzo

Re: Richard Houck: The Astrology of Death--reply to stacey
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 12:27:34 PM »
Stacey   the guys name is Sanjay Sharma   I believe the site is www.astrology-prophets.com    It is called a life longevity report    As I remember, it costs a minimum amount of money.  I hope this helps   amy