Author Topic: Eclipsed  (Read 3255 times)

Offline pdw

Eclipsed
« on: July 03, 2019, 01:48:35 PM »
Hello Forum,

Share your eclipse thoughts, observation, and experience with us.

A solar eclipse potentially suggests an opening for new focus or a new start related to a natal planet that it tightly contacts (I stick with conjunctions and oppositions). In this case transiting Uranus is sextile the eclipse point…hmm, could that reflect an epiphany or Eureka! moment (aka a sudden Uranian awakening in the eclipse window) that fuels (or forces)  contacted individuals to do something different, unexpected, or surprising? 

I think President Trump offers us an example: US-NoKo negotiations ceased after the failed summit in February – but that may change, however, after President Trump captured worldwide attention over the weekend with an extraordinary impromptu visit to North Korea, the first time ever for a US president.

In his chart, check out the angular transiting Venus accent on personal charm, flair, and diplomacy (with Venus transiting his 10th House and contacting his natal Sun, Moon, Mars, and Ascendant) combined with his eclipsed natal Mercury (at 9 Cancer, in his friendly, networking 11th House) suggesting personal spontaneity and a wild idea for a special meeting - with all in play as he was traveling overseas and in the neighborhood, so to speak, President Trump tweeted an invitation for Chairman Kim to meet him at the DMZ and Kim accepted.

So, with little lead time or formal preparation, we saw them meet and shake hands at the DMZ, walk a few steps, side-by-side, into North Korea and back, and then meet in private before the president left.

Many think Trump’s unusual gesture may change the dynamic between the countries and reboot negotiations.     

Offline crabman

Re: Eclipsed
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 05:44:58 PM »
July 2, 2019 was my 74th birthday.  My solar return occurred at 12:31 AM and the new moon was at 3:16 PM, so the eclipse is not exactly on my natal sun, but certainly within one degree.  I’ve been feeling optimistic for a couple of weeks really.  I finally rented some storage space to relieve the crowding in my apartment and allow me to do some renovation.  I took a couple of shopping bags full of LPs over to the space, but at this rate it’s going to take the rest of the month to fill up the storage space.  I don’t feel rushed.  I decided to do a reading project last month.  For the month of June, I read a playscript every day.  (I got the idea from a book by Margo Jones.)  I hadn’t read any scripts for a long time.  As a teenager and in my early 20s that was 90% of my reading.  I want to write another play, so I’ve just been trying to connect with what made me love the theatre in the first place.  I have really enjoyed reading these plays and have decided to continue this project.  I’ve read from many genres and time periods.  I spent a little over an hour at the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts choosing what I’m going to read for July.  (I left the house for the library a few minutes before the new moon was exact.)  I always play the lottery when Venus is trine the MC.  I “won” $4 yesterday.  I had more than 185 “happy birthday” messages on Facebook.  I’m planning a trip to Texas for the annual family reunion on August 3rd and another trip to Ireland/Scotland in September.  (I haven’t bought either ticket yet, but I want to before Mercury turns retrograde.)  I should add that Uranus is now sitting on my natal ascendant.  I'm attaching my solar return chart.  If anything significant happens that relates to either my solar return or the eclipse, I’ll let you know. 

Offline Stacy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 06:20:00 PM »
pdw---thought-provoking posts as usual ;).

For me it's simple: Eclipse pt. cj my 8th house Vtx/anti-Vtx.  Many sweeping changes to expect in the coming months...

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 01:35:15 AM »
5th house of creativity for me, have suddenly picked up quite a few hairdressing clients as I have found my scissorhands again and remembered how much I feel in my own element when I am hairdressing again.

;D

Happy Birthday Crabman, and good to see you Stacy.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 04:12:06 AM »
Hey Robynne--glad to hear you r back at work !!

Stace
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline pdw

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 04:27:41 AM »
A belated Happy Birthday eclipse to you, crabman!

Thanks for sharing the glimpse into your life. Sure does sound like you are experiencing a satisfying, vitalized – sunny :) – period of feeling optimistic, as you say, and exhilarated/accelerated with forward-thinking Uranus, at your Asc, ushering you into the future. 

With your natal Cancer Node-Sun-Saturn conjunction spanning Cancer 9-14, I’d consider all three eclipsed – in your 3rd House, emphasizing an outlet for self-expression and referencing the possibility of a personal reading, writing, learning project (or goal, both Saturn manifestations.

And – wow! – to me, both your goal of writing a play and preparation with the  playscript-reading project so strongly reflect the symbolism emphasis and potential n your chart. Keep us posted on the progress.   

Offline pdw

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 04:30:08 AM »
Stacy, it’s always good to hear from you and thanks for adding on. You’ve reminded me that I’ve still got more study ahead to understand and use the Vertex. Hope you’ll keep us posted in the coming months. 

Offline pdw

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 04:38:10 AM »
Robynne - or should I say Scissorhands? ;) - thanks for adding on. I'm short on time but hope to look at your chart and respond more fully in the next few days.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 06:44:47 AM »
pdw, All:

I think Alice Portman is quite an expert on the Vtx. and I know I need a refresher course, myself. Briefly, it can mean a literal death as well as fated events/connections.

Always the diplomatic hostess and commentator [u r]--thanks :).

Stacy

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:56:23 AM by Stacy »

Offline pdw

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 10:27:32 AM »
5th house of creativity for me, have suddenly picked up quite a few hairdressing clients as I have found my scissorhands again and remembered how much I feel in my own element when I am hairdressing again.

Robynne, very interesting that sudden, surprising, stimulating Uranus is transiting conjunct your Taurus IC, presumably where you hold onto work experience, memories, and good feelings from your past - and now you're re-experiencing all three. Nice!

So happy for you & thanks again for sharing.       

Offline Robynne

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 10:09:11 PM »
Thanks for looking at my chart pdw, have not really checked it properly in quite a while.

Yes, moving back to my home turf after 42 years has been quite a nostalgia trip, and part of that scenario includes spending a lot of time with my (Taurus Sun, Cancer Moon Dad) and reminiscing about a lot of old memories, people and times with him.  ;)

You have prompted a line of thought though, but I'll start a new thread for that. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:18:35 PM by Robynne »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
I was affected by the july 2 eclipse.   On July 3, I flew to  Detroit for a family birthday party.  However, my long time friend, Mike, lives on the far western suburbs of Detroit just west of the airport.  So I told him of my plans and said that I would stay at a hotel on the west side and the two of us could meet some place for dinner.   He was very  willing to do this-in fact, we had done it before.  His comment was that we have time to figure this out.
Well, about 4-5 days before my departure, I started to call him and got his voice mail every time.   I was starting to think something happened-hospital.  So when I arrive, I went to the hotel-still got his voice mail but his box was full.   I decided to drive out to his condo complex the next day, JUly 4.  Trafffic would be light and I remember where it was.

No answer at his place--talked to his neighbor.  She had no idea what was going on, so she suggested that I leave a note in his door, which I did.  I got a call on my cell phone later that evening from a friend of  Mike's.   Mike died of a massive stroke on July 1,   His friend was upset and I did not want to press the matter but this friend was with Mike when he had the stroke--Mike went to the hospital but he was in a coma the entire time.   
That eclipse hit my 7th house uranus.   I thought that Don B. said one time that close friends are really the the 7th house, not the 11th.
By the way, with the things that happened to  Mike, it is a wonder that he lived this long.'
In april, 1981, he was shot in the chest in robbery attempt.  In the late 1990's, he was walking across the street to his office and he was hit by a track.
Birth datas:  APril 16, 1949, Jackson Michigan.   I had his chart on an old program, but I think he had late libra rising with the uranus in gemini in the 8th house.   Thoughts???   By the way, in April/May of 2020, my progressed sun will conjunct natal mars and square my venus in the 8th house--these progressed already started.   AMY

Offline pdw

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »
Amy, I’m so sorry to hear about Mike and offer condolences for the loss of a longtime friend.

Oh my, what a shocking thing for you to discover on your trip out of town... That sure sounds like a Uranian – sudden, unexpected, upsetting – event, with someone (or something) eclipsed out of your life.

In addition to your eclipsed natal Uranus, I noticed transiting Uranus was tightly contacting (opposing-squaring) your natal Mars-Venus square and being triggered by transiting Mars-Mercury - potentially referencing the release of chart tension with some kind of unsettling or shocking surprise.

To me your natal Uranus in Cancer references a longtime, close friend. I generally think of the 7th House more as a partner (or opponent) reference. Of course all the Air signs and their rulers tend to be social and friendly, and with Gemini on your 7th cusp perhaps you relate to a friend as a communication partner. Just some ideas…

Thanks for sharing your eclipse experience with us.

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 05:34:51 AM »
My question is this:  what house governs cousins?   I know that siblings are the 3rd house--I am an only child.   However, my SR uranus is now in my 9th house--is the 9th house cousins or is it just in-laws?  thanks   amy

Offline pdw

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 10:10:05 AM »
Amy, my understanding is that siblings, cousins, and neighbors are traditionally associated with the 3rd House.