Author Topic: Fixed Stars  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Maz

Fixed Stars
« on: September 18, 2019, 12:36:55 AM »
Hi there,

We are all aware of Regulus (the Most Royal Star) and the importance of this Fixed Star in our charts, but does anyone work with the other 3 Royal Stars of Persia which are:

• Aldeberan at 8Gem23 (1900) 9Gem47 (2000)
  • Antares at 8Sag22 (1900) 9Sag46 (2000)
  • Fomalhaut at 2Pis27 (1900) 3Pis52 (2000)

Does anyone use Fixed Stars as a tool in their astrology?
Any examples of aspects to these stars that are worthy of posting?

There are other important stars such as Algol (Al Ghoul – the ‘demon’ in Arabic) at 26Tau23, or Hamal (violence, brutality) at 7Tau53, Spica (wealth and honour, the “Fortunate One”) at 24Lib3 and many others.

Usually it’s only the conjunction aspect that is used for fixed stars with an orb of 1 degree or even 1/2 a degree.

Lots of info on fixed stars on the net and here are a few sites:

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_in_longitude_order.htm
https://lovinglightastrologer.com/fixed-stars/
https://astrologyking.com/fixed-stars/ (excellent site)

Maz
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:38:35 AM by Maz »

Offline Halina

Re: Fixed Stars
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:43:02 AM »
hi Maz,  you need the Starlite program by Bernadette Brady......you are missing out on this great program.    You don't just consider conjunctions, you consider what is called STAR PARANS.    fOR example, if one star is rising, another star may also  be rising, or culminating, setting or on the nadir.
You must  consider STAR PARANS OR you are in the dark ages as far as the study of FIXED STARS is concerned.

Offline Maz

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 05:58:03 AM »
Halina,

I have the Fixed Stars book by Brady and even though it is so, so interesting, I found it to be too complicated! Many years ago, I did have the Fixed Stars report on my Windows PC and then switched to Mac. There is no Mac version and I need to run Windows partition.

Yep, I agree... Fixed Stars is essential and I'm going to look into what software is available on the Mac for this. The s/w I have just gives a table of all the major FS and aspects they make to Natal planets. Pretty basic really.

So I take it, you use FS a lot?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:05:09 AM by Maz »

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 06:34:50 AM »
fixed stars r other people influencing u

hitler who had mira conjunct sun was influenced by a teacher about racism(hatred for jews) go figure

why do think tom cruise + pres bush+ stallone behave the way they do, sun conjuncts sirius/canopus

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 01:28:26 AM »
Alexander Marr tested the fixed stars for many years and summarized it in his book Prediction III (1986). The book is out of print but I can send a PDF copy to anyone.
See also a comprehensive bibliography in:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=112819#112819

Offline Halina

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 06:05:57 AM »
Hi Isaac,  this liink you gave isn't working.

Offline Maz

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 06:11:24 AM »
Halina,

That's very strange. I accessed it earlier and it was working.

Just tried now and I get a critical error. They maybe doing something to their website so maybe try again later but it was definitely working.

Offline Halina

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 06:13:59 AM »
Hi Maz,  yes, I use fixed stars a lot.....especially Mundane events like that Diving Boat tragedy in Californis....I looked at what malefic fixed stars were in PARAN to natal planets and this showed what stars were in play during that tragedy.    I also used Fixed stars in people charts.

Offline Maz

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 06:43:25 AM »
I have a fixed stars report in my s/w but it's just a table and I look at the main stars and their conjunctions.

What aspect do you use? Is it correct that one should use a 1 degree or even 1/2 degree conjunction?

BTW, the link that Isaac shared is now working?

Offline Stacy

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »
Great post, Maz !

A sibling has Hamal 07 Taurus cj 8th house cusp---not crazy about that, but at least she has the nice 24 Libra Spica cj her 1st house Jup @ 23 Libra to off set the negative...

My 29 Uranus cj 27 Leo MC seems to only have brought me rebellion against those in authority for the most part, but probably my lifelong love of Astrology too.

Interesting, thanks,
Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Halina

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 04:35:05 AM »
Hi Maz, here is the PARANS REPORT for the diving boat tragedy in California.     Notice that you don't just use conjunctions of planets to fixed stars....orb 1 and 1/2 degrees is fine.

FIXED STARS/ PLANET PARAN ANAYSIS
1. Uranus rising when Procyon is on the Nadir.......An unexpected outcome(fire) in a popular event(scuba diving).
2. Uranus on the Nadir when Capella is Setting.....the releasing of a group, the freeing up of a situation( a group of divers die) (crew free themselves).
3. Uranus culminating when Altair is Setting.........Groups take matters into their own hands(the crew save themselves).
4. Neptune culminating when Zosma is on the Nadir... the loss of objects that are precious to the collective(people lose dear relatives).
5. Neptune on the Nadir when Zosma is culminating...the loss of objects that are precious to the collective,
    ZOSMA IS THE VICTIM STAR, THE PLANET IT APPEARS WITH SUFFERS....IN THIS CASE NEPTUNE, PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH WATER, DIVERS, BECAME VICTIMIZED, ABUSED BY ZOSMA,   ZOSMA IS EVER PRESENT IN DROWNING CHARTS ALSO.
6. Pluto Setting when Ankaa is culminating................lives saved, a seond chance is given(the crew is spared).
       HELIACAL RISING STAR, Alphard Rising before Sunrise.....emotional upheavals and/or distress (divers screaming for help below deck).
       Sun culminating when Ras Algethi is rising .........seeking to redress a situation that is out of balance( divers trying everything to escape)/
CONCLUSION:  Saturn culminating when Hamal is Rising....harsh critics, people angry(negative reaction to the news of 34 deaths)

As you can see Maz, you don't always use conjunctions when dealing with a planet and  a fixed star.....the planet can be in 4 possible positions while the fixed star associated with it, can also be in any of 4 possible positions....in other words there is an ANGULAR RELATIONSHIP between the 2, planet and fixed star.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 12:01:49 AM »
Hmm..

I have Fomalhaut cj Sun 5' Pisces, but find the description too generic. (Maz, some sites are saying a 2' allowance for conjunction).

Sun conjunct Fomalhaut: Dissipated, easily influenced by low companions, gain through inheritance but unproductive of good, may suffer for some crime committed, danger of bites from venomous creatures. [4] Kurt Cobain 1°35?

My husband also had Chiron at 3' Pisces, so a more exact conjunction.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:13:13 AM by Robynne »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Halina

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 06:23:34 AM »
Hi Robynne,  here's what the Fixed Star program "Starlite" by Bernadette Brady says about you.....
     FOMALHAUT on the IC as Moon is also on your IC...."to catalyse idealistic or romantic feeling in others".
Your HELIACAL SETTING STAR is ALPHARD...."to seek intense emotional encounters."
     These interpretations are backed up by looking at your natal chart:
1. Mercury, r5 romance squares Neptune in Scorpio in your MH......intense emotional feelings, also...
2. Moon in Pisces trines Neptune in Scorpios, excess water, excess emotions, feelings....
Quite accurate I must say.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:31:43 AM by Halina »

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 04:56:49 PM »
A brilliant second generation Australian Astrologer, Roderick Kidson, has written an extensive book on fixed stars, with an added bonus at the back on some of the asteroids.  The book is called "The Magic of the Stars" and is well worth getting as he hasn't just copied what astrologers of previous eras have written, but given a lot of thought and meditation to how they work in our era.

Sadly, he died the day the book was published so  won't be able to reap any personal benefits from his work.

Part of what he says about Fomalhaut is "It tends to work most constructively when manifesting in spiritual ways,  its finely balanced sensitivities don't always work easily in the material world.  If you were born under Fomalhaut you are probably very cautious, even secretive, and may have issues with trust. ...... One of its gifts is the ability to reconcile opposites and finding poise".

Offline Maz

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 02:12:20 AM »
Some of my fixed stars interpretations which are surprisingly, frighteningly and pretty accurate (give or take  ;) , I won't say which!)...

Deneb Algedi  - Wisdom, judgement, justice and protection for people - sq Asc
Alhena            - Difficult journey to achieve determined or pre-defined goals and intellectual ideals - sq Sun
Alphard           - Conscious passion, perhaps violence when negatively manifested, revolting deeds! - conj Ura
Al Jabbah        - Manipulative, scheming - conj Ura
Rigel                - Desire to learn or teach - sq Mc
Capulus           - Decisive, focussed, ruthless emotions, passion - opp Asc

Maz
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:15:52 AM by Maz »