Author Topic: Site becoming unusable!  (Read 6594 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Site becoming unusable!
« on: October 12, 2019, 03:25:05 AM »
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but for some time now it has been very hard for me to access this site.  First it takes forever to load, to the point that I sometimes give up, and if it does finally load then it takes forever to change threads or boards; usually it does eventually let me in, but sometimes I just give up.  Now, in addition, I keep getting messages to the effect that 'the server has encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.'  Again, if I persevere, usually this message disappears and I am allowed entry into the thread or whatever I'm trying to access, but sometimes it just keeps happening and I give up.  It's getting to the point that I'm thinking there's no point in coming to this site any more, because it's just too much trouble to access.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  Could something be done about it?  I hope so.

Offline Antonio

Re: Site becoming unusable!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:55:06 AM »
I'm experiencing the same problems and I guess it is so to everyone!

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 05:23:28 AM »
Thanks, Antonio; it's good to know it wasn't just me.  Well, as of right now, things are much better; not perfect, but greatly improved over what they were before.  Obviously it pays to complain!  Wish I'd done so sooner.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 11:28:20 PM »
Hi Folks

Sorry you are having problems with the site. A couple of days ago it seemed to be inaccessable for a while but it seems to have sorted itself out now. I also have problems logging in. I am not a techie so it is out of my hands.

Thank you for your patience :)

Admin

Offline pdw

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 07:43:35 AM »
Yes, me too. The site is balky and laggy, obviously not functioning properly. Glad patience and perseverance pay off (so far). 

Admin, could you alert Basil? As I understand it he's in charge of addressing technical issues on the site.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 09:41:12 PM »
Same here. The Noel Tyl site pages load fine and quickly, it is the discussion forum and topic sections that lag and are slow to load, so am assuming its something to do with the forum or rather bulletin board software?
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 11:13:27 PM »
Basil has been alerted  :) Hopefully he cn get to the bottom of the problem.

Admin

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 04:39:12 AM »
Thanks, Admin.  The site (i.e., the discussion forum) is working very well today, almost perfectly, so maybe Basil has already been busy.  Very grateful.  :)

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 05:32:02 AM »
Well ... it seems I spoke too soon.  Today the forum is right back to its old tricks, only worse, if anything.  When I first tried to access the forum today I got a message about an internal error not allowing me access; when I tried again I eventually got in, after a LONG wait.  And that's how it's gone ever since: no matter what I try to do, it takes forever. 

This is ridiculous; it was working beautifully, and that began basically right after my initial post here, so obviously the problem, whatever it is, can be fixed.  It's almost as if someone is having fun at our expense, making life difficult just for fun.  Ha ha - not.   >:(

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 03:38:44 AM »
I hesitate to say this for fear of jinxing things, but - this site seems to be working perfectly now.  Thanks, Basil and Admin!  Here's hoping (devoutly) that it continues.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 04:02:17 PM »
I'm still having problems. I was trying to respond to one of Halina's posts and all of sudden the screens started jerking around like someone was hacking my computer. the screens would get bigger and then smaller as if someone was checking all my activity online.

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »
Still having problems trying to get in.

The site forum is unstable.

This site is dangerously close to becoming a failed site. No new life (barely any new members) , not much participation by current members.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »
I can still access the forum a good part of the time.

unique-astrology, I'm not sure if you read the thread where we lost Stacy Giffin a long time forum member and friend to many, but I know for my part it felt almost obscene to carry on as if nothing had happened. That's just my view, I can't speak for others but maybe others have felt that respectful pause as well. Just my thoughts. Stacy also had a knack for getting people to respond and participate, being the true Sun cj Venus in Aquarius that she was.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:01:27 PM by Robynne »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline James Williams

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »
This site has definitely seen better days, and speaking of Stacy, I haven't seen Don Borkowski post anything here for quite some time.  Is he still around?
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline pdw

Help, please!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 05:56:29 AM »
Hello Admin, all I want for Christmas is a reliably functioning Tyl Forum... ;)

Can you please alert Basil that the Forum continues to have technical difficulties (see "This site takes forever to load" thread in the General Astrology section)? Any help and improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!