Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Stepping Back' as Senior Royals  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Stepping Back' as Senior Royals
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:01:12 AM »
Wow!  Right on cue (eclipse tomorrow; exact Saturn-Pluto conjunction at 22 Capricorn on Sunday, January 12, 2020) all hell is breaking loose in the royal family, courtesy of Harry and Meghan.  Numerous astrologers predicted something momentous would happen at this time, but I doubt many people thought it would be this extreme.

Yesterday they made a surprise announcement via Instagram that they're going to be 'stepping back as senior royals' and making an effort to become independent financially.  They said they aim to split their time between the UK and North America [probably mostly Canada], but that they will remain members of the royal family, supporting the Queen in her endeavours, and will make their current home of Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Castle estate their home base in Britain.

The royal family is said to have been totally blindsided by this; they are said to be 'hurt' and 'very disappointed.'  I read that Prince Harry had asked to meet with the Queen before the announcement was made, but that this was blocked by courtiers (?).  But the Queen is said to have let him know to please not make any public announcement before discussing it with his father, Prince Charles.  He did not do this, but went ahead with the bombshell announcement.

This is without precedent, really, though in their announcement they said there was precedent for it.  When?  When King Edward VIII stepped down as King to marry Wallis Simpson?  That's the only remotely comparable event that I can think of offhand.  And it won't be easy to accomplish what they want.  They seem to want to have their cake and eat it too: they want to remain officially members of the royal family, addressed as Your Royal Highness, etc., and retain the security that goes with being a member of the royal family, but they want the privacy that comes with not being a member of the royal family.  And they want to be able to earn more money than they get as members of the royal family, which I should have thought was considerable, but apparently they feel it's not enough?!

Personally I think this is really Meghan's doing.  I doubt it would ever have even crossed Harry's mind to start earning his own money instead of being supported by the British taxpayer as a member of the royal family.  Those who know them personally say Meghan wears the pants in that family, and this would seem to provide additional evidence supporting that.  She wants to be free from the intrusion of the press into her private life, which has been horrible, I'll grant you, and apparently feels that if she and Harry are no longer on the public purse the press will have no right to intrude on them the way it has up to now.  But apart from the fact that, from what their announcement said, they won't really be completely independent, financially or in any other way, if they're still said to be bona fide official members of the royal family, still living at Frogmore Cottage as their home (renovations to which were paid for by the British taxpayer to the tune of millions of dollars), still receiving security as though they were working royals, still receiving lots of money from Prince Charles' estate; apart from all that, the intrusion of the press into their private lives may not subside - just look how that worked out for Princess Diana after the divorce from Prince Charles. 

I wondered, looking at their son Archie's chart, about the parental signatures in his 10th house: Saturn and Pluto conjunct the MC, with Saturn exactly conjunct the Mean South Node.  Poor little guy, he'll really be feeling these current transits.  This doesn't look good; Meghan and Harry may have just set off something really major in British society, and not in a good way.  Good luck to them; I think they're going to need it.

As per usual, I'm having trouble posting charts on this website; actually, I'm having trouble posting at all.  Here are the links to the Astrodatabank profiles on Meghan, Harry and Archie; if you click on the little chart up on the right hand side of the page, it comes up much enlarged, and then click on 'with transits' to see the current situation.  There's no option to show progressions or solar arcs, but it's still very informative.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Meghan,_Duchess_of_Sussex

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Harry,_Duke_of_Sussex

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Archie,_Mountbatten-Windsor

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:33:55 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Stepping Back' as Senior Royals
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »

This is without precedent, really, though in their announcement they said there was precedent for it.  When?  When King Edward VIII stepped down as King to marry Wallis Simpson?  That's the only remotely comparable event that I can think of offhand. 

Just realized who provided the more recent precedent: Harry's late mother, Princess Diana.  And look what happened to her!

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 09:50:28 PM »
Hello Pamela and Forum:

The Saturn-Pluto conjunction (exact on Jan. 12, 2020) is on Meghan Markle’s DSC (24-Cap-17) so it affects her via her husband, Prince Harry.

Several months ago, I wrote that this time could provoke a “hardship crisis” for the couple and a “supreme test”.

And, given that her natal Saturn is conjunct the Moon and IC and Pluto is in the 4th the move to a new home outside of Britain is part of the "new reality".

Her 4th is also the 10th of her DSC…her husband’s status…so Harry stands to lose a lot.

Commentators on the situation have been saying that the couple want their cake and eat it too…stay Royal with all the perks while also living abroad and doing what they want.

However, astrologer Ray Merriman has described Saturn-Pluto as “win-lose to an extreme”…one side is victorious and the other side utterly defeated in a zero-sum face-off to the death.

So, who gets their way in this battle…we shall see...but it doesn't seem like a win-win compromise is possible.

Fascinatingly, the Queen, herself, has Tr. Saturn-Pluto on her ASC and has had to “restructure” her son Andrew out of his role…and now this with Harry. She must feel like she's losing her grip on the institution she reigns over.

Also, as we mourn the recent passing of Noel Tyl, I am reminded of his long-standing prediction that Charles will never be King.

Interesting times, for sure.

Regards,
Dean B.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:16:18 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »
Part II:

I’ve got to say a few quick things about Harry:

1) SP Moon (8-Virgo) exactly touching his natal Mercury-Uranus square…a sudden, impulsive, radical decision.

2) SP Mars (11-Capricorn) exactly on his ASC; Mars rules the 3rd…motivated to individuate; anger and frustration; conflict with a sibling (William).

3) Tr. Saturn square to natal Pluto (=MC, r. ASC) coming this year…serious threat of loss and status; defeated.

Regards,
Dean B.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:08:24 PM by Dean Bensics »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 07:28:27 AM »
Hi Dean,

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this situation.  You certainly were bang on in what you said some months back, about Harry and Meghan facing a 'hardship crisis' and 'supreme test'; truer words were never spoken.  I'm very worried about it, and about the eventual consequences for Harry and Archie; I'm very much afraid poor Harry has no idea what he may have started. 

For one thing, the financial ramifications are said to be far more complicated than Harry and Meghan may have taken into consideration.  If they live abroad for a considerable portion of each year, especially if it were to be in the USA, where Meghan is a citizen, they may open themselves up to having to pay tax there as well as in Britain; it could be ruinous financially.  If they live in Canada, of which the Queen is technically head, if they remain royals they may be entitled to be supported by the Canadian taxpayer, which people may feel is not fair, if they are no longer 'really' royals.  And they plan to start earning income by selling all kinds of things emblazoned with the sussexroyal logo from their new website, t-shirts, trinkets, photos, all kinds of things.  But  royals are not supposed to earn any income independently beyond what they receive from the taxpayer; they can't be part of the royal family if they're going to do that!  They really do seem to want to have their cake and eat it too, and I don't think that will be possible; basically they want to still have all the benefits of being royals without subjecting themselves to the down side.

I do think it's Meghan who is driving this, with Harry just giving her whatever she wants.  He must know, if he thought about it, that this is crazy and won't work.  Meghan is acting rather like a snowflake, frankly.  I'm surprised at her; I had thought she knew what she was getting into, and was willing to make the required tradeoff: in return for marrying into the royal family, and thus acquiring a life of wealth, fame, privilege and power, she would give up personal privacy and subject herself to continual malicious gossip and out and out lies.  That's what it's like for anyone who marries into the British royal family, not just her.  It was done to Kate and her family, and she's supposed to be Queen eventually.  It's the reason Harry's former serious girlfriends eventually broke up with him - they realized they couldn't take the heat, so they got out of the kitchen.  Meghan apparently assumed it wouldn't happen to her. 

Sorry for the lack of astrology in this post, but I think you've covered everything, Dean.  I'm just really worried about the future consequences for the whole royal family, for the institution, and for Great Britain itself.  Coupled with Brexit, I just don't know what's going to happen in that country.  I have a friend there who has told me stories for years, ever more alarming, that have had me seriously wondering how long things could continue as is; I worry about something like a French Revolution happening.  Once these things start, they tend to get out of control and the crazies take over.  Meghan better look out; she could end up being very sorry that she ever married Harry.  You know what they say: be careful what you wish for - you may get it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:43:29 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 05:11:19 PM »
Hi Pamela

People seem to be blaming Meghan for this descision - and she may have supported it, but I think it is all Prince Harry.

A few years ago, over on the Astrologers Community forum, a chart identical to that of Prince Harry's appeared with the poster asking what sort of career would be suitable.  I have always thought that Prince Harry, with his OOB Mars, found his position difficult and unsatisfying.

I am somewhat confounded by dislike of Meghan by the press and the publicity they gave to her horrible virago of a sister.  I put it down to a form of racism, but then I remembered what Kate went through before she married William and the dreadful public slanders of Charles.  It seems as though the British Press just loves to bully and abuse people.  Nowdays I don't believe anything at all they say.  I really don't think the royal family - or anyone at all - should have to put up with this kind of abuse and am glad Harry is taking them to task.

Prince Harry has this current Mercury-Ceres-Saturn-Pluto-lunar eclipse trine his Virgo Sun and Taurus Moon making a midpoint with his lights from his first house, this was bound to have a considerable effect in his life and it is interesting that it has manifested in this way, particularly as Pluto is the modern ruler of his Midheaven.  The eclipse certainly triggered him to make his descision known to the public.  Romour has it that when he saw no photograph of himself and Meghan displayed at the Queen's Christmas talk he was very upset and then, when the courtiers cancelled his appointment with the Queen, it was the last straw.

I don't think they will have any problems being completely independent financially, but I don't think it needs to come to that  - after all Harry is the son of the future King and I am sure they can work out some kind of ambassadorial/business role for this couple.

Both their composite and Davison charts show more to come:  Look at the current conjunction-eclipse making a square to the Davison Vertex and trine to Davison Chiron.   Then Saturn, followed by Pluto, trigger the Moon-Midheaven this year and next.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 08:46:19 PM »
Just another thought here,

As Harry and Meghan are both parents now, if they divide their time between England and North America/Canada, does that mean that Archie and subsequent children could in the future apply for dual citizenship, reflecting both of their parents ancestry?

Decisions they might make as a couple, have possibly been altered when they take children into consideration.

Agreed on previous post Alice, the tabloids can be brutal, gossip sells.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:04:12 PM by Robynne »
Be kind if possible. It never hurts anyone, and just might make someones day!

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 09:01:58 PM »
her sun squares his moon
sooner or later he is going to crack. divorce time
any predictions when?

Offline Robynne

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 01:51:41 AM »
bjorkstrand,

I know you like to play devils advocate, but that is irresponsible astrology. Don't ruin the thread.

Just for the record, my husband and I had Sun square Moon, and it lasted for 34 years, even though there were a lot of adjustments to be had between a Pisces Sun and Sagittarian Moon in our outlook. Don't be a joy kill, they need all the happiness they can get. I'm predicting they will have a long and happy marriage. ;D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:55:19 AM by Robynne »
Be kind if possible. It never hurts anyone, and just might make someones day!

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 05:51:20 AM »
Hi Pamela

People seem to be blaming Meghan for this descision - and she may have supported it, but I think it is all Prince Harry.

A few years ago, over on the Astrologers Community forum, a chart identical to that of Prince Harry's appeared with the poster asking what sort of career would be suitable.  I have always thought that Prince Harry, with his OOB Mars, found his position difficult and unsatisfying.

I am somewhat confounded by dislike of Meghan by the press and the publicity they gave to her horrible virago of a sister.  I put it down to a form of racism, but then I remembered what Kate went through before she married William and the dreadful public slanders of Charles.  It seems as though the British Press just loves to bully and abuse people.  Nowdays I don't believe anything at all they say.  I really don't think the royal family - or anyone at all - should have to put up with this kind of abuse and am glad Harry is taking them to task.

Prince Harry has this current Mercury-Ceres-Saturn-Pluto-lunar eclipse trine his Virgo Sun and Taurus Moon making a midpoint with his lights from his first house, this was bound to have a considerable effect in his life and it is interesting that it has manifested in this way, particularly as Pluto is the modern ruler of his Midheaven.  The eclipse certainly triggered him to make his descision known to the public.  Romour has it that when he saw no photograph of himself and Meghan displayed at the Queen's Christmas talk he was very upset and then, when the courtiers cancelled his appointment with the Queen, it was the last straw.

I don't think they will have any problems being completely independent financially, but I don't think it needs to come to that  - after all Harry is the son of the future King and I am sure they can work out some kind of ambassadorial/business role for this couple.

Both their composite and Davison charts show more to come:  Look at the current conjunction-eclipse making a square to the Davison Vertex and trine to Davison Chiron.   Then Saturn, followed by Pluto, trigger the Moon-Midheaven this year and next.

Hi Alice,

How nice to see you on the forum again.  I've been thinking of you, with what's going on in Australia (i.e., the devastating fires) and hoping you're okay.

Thank you very much for your comments, and the Davison chart.  I hadn't looked at that, and it is very interesting to see the transits made to it by the eclipse, and more to come with transiting Saturn and Pluto.  Astrology can be so literal sometimes; it shouldn't surprise me, but I never get over it.

I agree with you about the toxicity of the British press.  They go after everyone, and use whatever ammunition they can against the person they're targeting.  With Meghan being of mixed race, they were getting racist.  But with Kate they basically called her low class; they made fun of her family origins and her mother's manners, and essentially said Kate was not good enough to become part of the royal family, much less the future Queen.  They always use whatever is at hand to try to bring people down.  I don't understand it.

When Harry first started dating Meghan, I was quite favourably impressed by her; I was already aware of her as an actress on the show Suits, which was filmed in Toronto.  She lived in what used to be my old stomping ground, back when I spent a lot of time in Toronto.  It was when I read an interview with her former best friend in Los Angeles that I started having second thoughts about her.  She had known her ex-best friend since they were very little kids; the friend had been the maid of honour at her first wedding, and she knew Meghan very well.  She was friends with Meghan's first husband as well as with Meghan, and felt Meghan had treated him very poorly.  She said Meghan totally changed after she achieved fame on Suits; she said she became a different person - I remember she said there was Meghan before fame, and Meghan after fame.  The latter Meghan dropped her former friends, husband included, and seemed to feel she was now too good and too important to mix with riffraff like them.  She said she used people to get ahead, and once she couldn't get anything further from the relationship, she dropped them, just cut them out of her life very coldly.  She basically said she was a social climber.  She also said very specifically that Meghan had always been interested in the royal family, and that she had talked of wanting to go to London to try and meet them, even when she was still married to her first husband.  She (the former best friend) said she wasn't surprised at all when she heard that Meghan was dating Prince Harry.

Now, this friend was understandably bitter; she felt used, and she was angry about the way Meghan had treated her first husband.  Meghan had once said that this was the man with whom she wanted to have children; she also said that she didn't know what she'd do if anything ever happened to him.  Yet she dropped him like a hot potato when he was no longer of any use to her.  The friend felt, looking back, that Meghan had used him to further her career, and once she was well established in her career in Toronto and didn't need him any more, she seemed to feel he was holding her back, and divorced him so fast he didn't know what hit him.  The friend felt she'd never really known Meghan, and harbours no very friendly feelings towards her today. 

Of course, I don't know this woman, and have to assume that she was telling the truth in everything she said.  But looking at Meghan's chart after reading that interview, I did see things differently than before; Meghan's chart had a number of indications that the friend's account could be accurate, indications which I had willfully ignored before, because I wanted Meghan to be the nice, good person I had originally assumed she was.  I'm always a sucker for a fairy tale romance, and I wanted Meghan to be worthy of becoming that fairy tale princess.  I've written about all this in previous posts on this forum, a couple of years back.  I even put a link to the interview with Meghan's former best friend; I'm not going to go looking for it, but it's on this forum somewhere if anyone wants to read it.

I have to laugh, actually, when I go back and read some of those old posts of mine about Meghan and Harry.  I remember saying, looking at the transits, that things after their wedding were going to get VERY difficult for both of them; I forget my exact wording, but the last time I read it I laughed - little did I know how bad it would get.  It would be nice if making this 'transition' actually does make things easier for them, so they can enjoy their life together.  But I don't know ... it's not looking good.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 05:58:35 AM »
Just another thought here,

As Harry and Meghan are both parents now, if they divide their time between England and North America/Canada, does that mean that Archie and subsequent children could in the future apply for dual citizenship, reflecting both of their parents ancestry?

Decisions they might make as a couple, have possibly been altered when they take children into consideration.

Agreed on previous post Alice, the tabloids can be brutal, gossip sells.

Hi Robynne,

I don't know what the law is in the States; it may be that Archie is already a citizen of the States, since his mother is.  But I think the plan at present is for the family to split their time between the UK and Canada, rather than the States.

Neither Harry nor Meghan is a Canadian citizen.  I read that Harry is entitled to spend six months of every year in Canada, if he wishes, but for longer than that he would have to apply for a visa, like everyone else.  If they wish their son to have Canadian citizenship, they can always go through the process that everyone goes through to achieve that.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 06:05:21 AM »
her sun squares his moon
any predictions when?

Hi Jim,

Divorce time?!  Come now, I think that's premature!  As Robynne noted in the post below yours, simply having a Sun-Moon square in a couple's synastry is not enough to make a relationship unworkable.  It has long been noted that the synastry between Harry and Meghan is not what would have been considered really good for a long term relationship like marriage, but now that they are in fact married, and have a child, I think Meghan is more likely to stick with it that she otherwise might have been.  She's a mother now, and sharing a child with Harry would I think strengthen the bonds between the couple.  Whatever Meghan's true feelings towards Harry may have been when she met him, when she married him, I think now she may be feeling that they are a true family.  Hopefully that will help them withstand the slings and arrows thrown at them now and in the future.

Offline pdw

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 07:01:57 AM »
Pamela and All, thanks for the excellent coverage here.

I’m scratching my head about these two…After the grand Royal wedding and sincere-looking Royal participation since, now they don’t want to do the Royal thing yet they want to capitalize on it. And I certainly see a transit potential fit for focus on resourceful capitalizing and creating wealth (with Pluto, Saturn, and Jupiter all in Capricorn). As well as the possibility of a separation or divorce, literally or figuratively, with their “down time” over the holidays now looking like a planned trial separation leading up to an official break-up with the Firm and the start of divorce proceedings, so to speak.

Although I understand they may have been trying to reassure all that they were going to work for a living and not be a financial drain, I wonder if their upfront mention of money – becoming financially independent – may be an off-putting misstep, unfavorably drawing attention to their ‘rich’ lifestyle and suggesting their primary focus will be on using their privilege to acquire wealth. Well that kind of money-centric image is not so flattering… It’s somewhat laughable to me that they even mentioned money since Harry inherited millions from Diana, and I consider it almost a forgone conclusion that these two will be able to make lots of money. Heck, I’d advise the Palace to negotiate a percentage take from SussexRoyal proceeds – a Royalty fee, if you will :) – and wish them well. Because I doubt their business plan is limited to knick knack logo sales – what about a SussexRoyal Production company creating content (documentaries, shows, movies) related to their personal causes and social interests? I haven’t read about such a thing yet but Harry and Meghan can rustle up star power in front of the camera as well as behind it, I imagine. Meghan may be especially interested in this kind of creative control with her natal 4th House Pluto in Libra, and ruling her 5th House. Plus she has a background and contacts in TV, and a network of celebrity friends in the entertainment industry. Including Oprah, who could be a powerful mentor and customer of SussexRoyal content for her TV network, OWN. Whew, think I’m getting carried away here…

Re: Meghan – Not on topic but I wonder if postpartum depression may have been part of her experience that intensified a trend toward ‘stepping back’ (withdrawal)… I feel for new moms in that situation and she actually has associated vulnerability and “struggle” with becoming a mother, in this link for example - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50102858.

Baby Archie was born May 6, with T Pluto-Saturn in Meghan’s 6th House (suggesting possible stress/strain on physical or mental health), and both squaring her natal 4th House Pluto, perhaps increasing personal sensitivity, tension, and demands related to children or childbirth (Pluto rules her 5th House). Additionally transiting Jupiter was retrograde and conjunct her natal Neptune adding the possibility of a highly sensitized transition, with an influx or overload of emotions, mixed feelings, and vulnerability during the retrograde. T Jupiter’s return to direct motion in August, in Meghan’s 5th House and trine her Sun, almost perfectly coincides with a common uplifting, travel-friendly Jupiter experience – and the Sussex grand get-away vacations to Ibiza and Nice. 

Re: Harry – Adding to Dean’s points:

1) SP Moon (8-Virgo) exactly touching his natal Mercury-Uranus square…a sudden, impulsive, radical decision.

Harry’s resourceful natal Virgo Mercury, in his 8th House, is further emphasized now with SA Pluto=Mercury in orb, potentially intensifying or magnifying current transit contacts. Which include: Transiting Mars activating (squaring) his Mercury, a Sagittarius-Virgo pairing reflecting the start of practical expansion and personal adjustment, perhaps; while his natal Mercury is receiving a trine from transiting Uranus suggesting Taurus-Virgo support for tangibly materializing and working on new ideas, interests, invention or innovation.

3) Tr. Saturn square to natal Pluto (=MC, r. ASC) coming this year…serious threat of loss and status; defeated.

The other possibility mentioned for Saturn-Pluto combinations, in S&C, is hard, hard work.

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 10:06:11 AM »
her sun squares his moon
any predictions when?

Hi Jim,

Divorce time?!  Come now, I think that's premature!  As Robynne noted in the post below yours, simply having a Sun-Moon square in a couple's synastry is not enough to make a relationship unworkable.  It has long been noted that the synastry between Harry and Meghan is not what would have been considered really good for a long term relationship like marriage, but now that they are in fact married, and have a child, I think Meghan is more likely to stick with it that she otherwise might have been.  She's a mother now, and sharing a child with Harry would I think strengthen the bonds between the couple.  Whatever Meghan's true feelings towards Harry may have been when she met him, when she married him, I think now she may be feeling that they are a true family.  Hopefully that will help them withstand the slings and arrows thrown at them now and in the future.

Pamela
U don't know what it's like to have sun square moon. i do. My dad's sun squared my moon. It may take 7 years but they'll get divorced. Harry the idiot didn't check out an astrologer. Too bad.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 10:11:58 AM »
Hi pdw,

Thanks very much for your thoughts on this.  You have some great ideas for how Harry and Meghan can make money; maybe they should hire you!

I do wonder if you're right about Meghan having experienced postpartum depression.  Hormonally childbirth can knock anyone for a loop, and in her case, given that she apparently received flack from the press for not having regained her pre-pregnancy figure immediately, her self-esteem may have taken a hit.  Her physical appearance is very important to her, and she's always worked hard at staying fit and in shape.  She was always cast as the 'hot girl', and while she used to complain about being typecast, she may find it hard to cope with not being seen as beautiful and sexy.  That was who she was, the 'hot girl.'

I hope she'll be okay, and I hope Harry will be okay.   I hope all this works out for the best, in the end.  I don't know that it will, but I'm hoping.  I read that a lot of people in the UK feel strongly that if the couple 'step back' from being senior royals, that they should not be receiving financial support from the state in any way.  If they're going to earn their own income, then that should be it - no subsidies of any kind.  If subsidies are allowed, as Harry seems to be requesting, there may be storms ahead.