Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Stepping Back' as Senior Royals  (Read 847 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Stepping Back' as Senior Royals
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »
Hi Robynne,

I can't disagree with anything you said; in that photo the couple does look united, and Harry does look like he's in charge and in control of the situation.  I can certainly understand Harry wanting to protect his family.

I used to think Meghan was perfect for the job she had taken on by virtue of who she had married, and I thought she, as a very modern, mixed race woman, might transform the monarchy into a more relevant institution in modern Britain, an institution that would really be a force for good in society.  But it seems she doesn't want the job, even if she's good at it, as she decidedly is.  It's a shame.

I just hope things will turn out well.  But looking at the upcoming transits, I don't know that they will, I really don't.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2020, 06:46:07 AM »
Well, now I've heard everything: it seems that back in July of 2019 Harry and Meghan attended the London premiere of The Lion King, at which Harry took the opportunity to speak to Disney CEO Bob Iger; he told him that Meghan does voiceover work, and basically asked him to hire her(!!). Video footage exists of this conversation.  Moreover, Harry had reportedly skipped a military engagement to attend this premiere with Meghan.  And now it's being reported that Meghan has in fact done a voiceover for Disney;   it was done late in 2019, and the money she earns for it will be donated to the Elephants Without Borders charity.

https://etcanada.com/news/572575/duchess-meghan-reportedly-signs-deal-with-disney/

Obviously the couple's so-called 'bombshell announcement' about stepping back as senior royals has been in the works for quite a while.  The question is, is Harry doing this because it's what Meghan wants, and he wants to keep her happy?  Or is it as Alice said some posts back, that Harry is the one who wants to quit being a royal and lead a normal life?  Because there's no way that making such a request of the Disney CEO would be considered proper behaviour for a royal; you can see in the video that Bob Iger was very taken aback, caught completely off guard. 

I think maybe it's because of this kind of behaviour that the Queen and others in the royal family are thinking that Harry is mentally unstable, in a 'fragile' state, as they put it.  Harry is considered by them to be behaving very irresponsibly, and in ways that he knows full well are just not acceptable for a member of the royal family.   It's said his behaviour has had a very negative impact on his relationship with the Queen; he's always been one of her favourite grandsons and they used to have a great relationship, but now she feels betrayed by him and that she can't trust him to conduct himself as he should.  This after she had done everything possible to welcome Meghan into the family.

They say Harry, who used to be quite a happy-go-lucky sort, is now often in a bad mood.  This is not what you'd expect from someone who is newly married to someone they're madly in love with, and with a new baby son to boot.  I'm wondering if the reason he's so grumpy so much of the time is because he's always trying to please Meghan, but that involves doing things he knows full well they shouldn't be doing.  The Palace feels that Harry is acting like a teenager, with no thought for anyone but himself and his own desires, regardless of any negative impact that it will have on others.  It makes me wonder if his emotional development was arrested when his mother Diana was killed; if so, he may well actually be a teenager, emotionally.  What a mess.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/01/prince-harry-the-queen-relationship-problems/

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:16:29 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline pdw

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2020, 08:29:11 AM »
Pamela, I’ve had some of those very thoughts about the possibility of immaturity, irresponsibility, or misunderstanding related to transiting Neptune in Pisces, in Harry’s 2nd House - sensitizing creativity or uncertainty connected to self-worth - and squaring Harry’s natal freedom-loving Sagittarius Mars - positively “making waves effectively”, to borrow from Noel, or negatively, hastily disregarding others. 

Feeling at sea, adrift, or losing focus comes to mind with this contact. Perhaps with increased vulnerabiliy or receptivity to inspiration or imagination, that creates an individual course change.

Offline Halina

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:50 AM »
        I don't see any signs of them splitting.   Looking at Markle's Age Progression chart, her natal Uranus at 25Scorpio and natal Pluto at 22Libra won't be activated by the Age Point for quite a while.    Age Point, now, is in her 7th, at 4Aq,
House of Partnerships making aspects to Node(union), Sun, Mercury and another aspect to Moon, Jupiter, Saturn.
     Below is her Age Progression chart.   Age Progression dial moves 6 degrees per sign or 5 degrees per year.
Looking at Harry's Age Progression chart, his Age dial is in the 7th, partnership, at 8Pisces and won't aspect his natal Uranus at 26Scorpio,
nor will the Age Point aspect his natal Pluto, 24Libra for a loog, long time,   Presently the only aspect of his Age Point is to his natal Mars, ruler 9th, desire to relocate in foreign land.   Mars is in the 12th, behind the scenes activity concerning
the Monarchy, 12th in Leo.
    Also noticed, Markle's Age Pt is aspecting her natal Jupiter, the desire to travel, relocate.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:36:18 PM by Halina »

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 11:21:26 PM »
when will people grow up. U don't need royalty.
and i was James I

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 03:15:16 AM »
Pam, my view:

Meghan sees herself (Moon ruling ASC) in business partnership with her husband (conjunct Saturn ruling DSC) making huge gains (conjunct Jupiter) marketing themselves and merchandise (in 3rd).

The Tr. Saturn-Pluto conjunction on her DSC represents her turning up the pressure on her husband to 'make it happen.'

Harry feels personally responsible for fulfilling her goals (Tr. Saturn-Pluto in 1st)...note the Iger video where he's acting like her agent.

Yet, the stress of it all is making him depressed, explosive and a bit crazy (Tr. Saturn-Pluto semi-square Uranus and Mars ruling 3rd).

Dean B.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:43:41 AM by Dean Bensics »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 04:51:19 AM »
Pamela, I’ve had some of those very thoughts about the possibility of immaturity, irresponsibility, or misunderstanding related to transiting Neptune in Pisces, in Harry’s 2nd House - sensitizing creativity or uncertainty connected to self-worth - and squaring Harry’s natal freedom-loving Sagittarius Mars - positively “making waves effectively”, to borrow from Noel, or negatively, hastily disregarding others. 

Feeling at sea, adrift, or losing focus comes to mind with this contact. Perhaps with increased vulnerabiliy or receptivity to inspiration or imagination, that creates an individual course change.

Good points about the Neptune transit in Pisces through Harry's 2nd house, pdw.  Perhaps its effects are being intensified by the fact that natally Harry has Sun square Neptune, with his Neptune being in the 12th house.  This may indicate problems with his father being absent or in some way feeling unavailable to him when he was growing up.  I'm reminded that Diana said Charles was disappointed that Harry was not a girl, and that he was particularly put out by the fact that he had red hair, which I gather Charles doesn't care for.  Diana said something died inside her, with regard to her marriage, after she heard Charles' first words (negative) on seeing Harry for the first time.

So while Charles has apparently grown to love his son with time, maybe while Harry was growing up, especially as a young child, he got vibes from Charles that he was not wanted or appreciated, and that caused him to lack self-esteem and to be overly dependent on others for a feeling of self-worth.  It would also contribute strongly to him having a tendency to seek escape when the going got tough, particularly with his Neptune being in the 12th house, which among other things denotes escape - a veritable double whammy.  He would tend to seek escape via the route of using drugs and/or alcohol, both of which he abused mightily during his teens and possibly his 20s as well (not sure about the 20s.)

Of course, the positive side of the Sun-Neptune square is that it would incline him towards wanting to help the underdog, those in need of help in society, and this side of him has been much more in evidence in the past few years.  This aspect would also incline him to be interested in and attracted to the film world, and its players (ahem - Meghan).

Pam

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 04:54:47 AM »
when will people grow up. U don't need royalty.
and i was James I

;D ;D ;D. James I?!  I thought you were James the brother of Jesus?  Have you cornered the market on every historical James?

Pam

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 04:57:08 AM »
Pam, my view:

Meghan sees herself (Moon ruling ASC) in business partnership with her husband (conjunct Saturn ruling DSC) making huge gains (conjunct Jupiter) marketing themselves and merchandise (in 3rd).

The Tr. Saturn-Pluto conjunction on her DSC represents her turning up the pressure on her husband to 'make it happen.'

Harry feels personally responsible for fulfilling her goals (Tr. Saturn-Pluto in 1st)...note the Iger video where he's acting like her agent.

Yet, the stress of it all is making him depressed, explosive and a bit crazy (Tr. Saturn-Pluto semi-square Uranus and Mars ruling 3rd).

Dean B.

Dean, thanks very much; it makes perfect sense.  I hope to come back later today and say more; right now I'm afraid I have to run.  If I can't get back today it'll be tomorrow.

Pam

Online Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2020, 07:36:34 AM »
This is a great thread on Prince Harry and Meghan. I would like to add a few things.....

One theory I hold near and dear in astrology is that the Horoscope has a memory.  Very often when intense life events happen - the planets in the natal that were activated at that time by transit or solar arc.... receive an imprint of that event.

Then later - when that same natal planet receives contact again - there is continued development of the earlier event. What this is saying is that there are planets in our natal that become highly sensitized - and will be super responsive to contact.

Prince Harry had the most intense event - when his mother died in 1997. I wrote a big article about this for TMA - and in it, I focused on the planets that were activated in his chart at that time - and his healing journey. Here is the link for that article - in case you want to read:  http://roseastrology.com/article/PrinceHarry/

So now - we see continued development for Prince Harry - with his sense of identity. We see this through his Asc.... the ultimate symbol of identity development. When his mother passed away, his natal Saturn was super activated - and Saturn rules his Asc.

Right now he has tr Jupiter conjunct the Asc - and tr Saturn was there in early 2019 also. So - we could say that breaking away from Royal activities may be part of his coming to terms with his own identity. There are other echos too - already mentioned by some in these threads - for example the big bell statement from SA Pluto = Mercury.

But there is one more very important statement for Prince Harry - and that is the transits from Saturn and Pluto to his Sun/Moon midpoint. I'm lecturing on this topic at my own conference (Empowered Astrology conference) in March - then again at the ISAR conference in September.

Prince Harry has had this essential midpoint activated all of 2019. His Sun/Moon is 22 Cancer 09.  So many people forget to check out the activity to this most important midpoint.

Meghan Markle has load of activity - the most telling cycle will be tr Pluto conjunct her Dsc very soon. However, she is currently experiencing tr Uranus to her Mercury. So much to say about this couple - it's going to be interesting.

My main point is that Prince Harry's development now is a continuation of healing and growth from the traumatic childhood event of his mother dying.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:55:46 PM by Kathy Rose »
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Dean Bensics

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2020, 12:38:15 PM »
Thanks Kathy…I totally overlooked Tr. Saturn-Pluto contact to Harry’s Sun/Moon midpoint…hugely important given what’s going on now!

How perplexing to notice that Harry has a very nice natal Sun trine Moon as Noel taught that Sun-Moon contacts reveal the state of the parental union at birth. As Pam mentioned earlier, Charles and Diana’s marriage was fraught then, too – I don’t quite remember.

Clearly, the parental/family challenges can be seen in Harry’s Moon opposition Saturn on the MC-IC.

Dean B.

Online Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »
Dean - Noel super emphasized Sun square Moon as a suggestion that the mother and father were "at each other throats". He was rather neutral on the trine between the two luminaries.  Many times the trine does indeed suggest harmony between the parents - but we know that wasn't the case here.

Prince Harry has that powerful Saturn unaspected sitting at the MC - with Sun square Neptune and also Sun square Mars. 
That Saturn - so prominent - really struck me as a statement that "duty" and tradition would be imposed on him - and isn't it interesting that SA Pluto = Saturn! when his mother died? Bruising his identity so deeply - and being taught to hold it all in so as to keep the Royal chin up.

His case is fascinating to me on so many levels - I admit - when I wrote the article about him, I was swept into the Royal world.
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 06:02:35 AM »
Pam, my view:

Dean B.

Hi Dean,

Do you really think Meghan is that cold-blooded about business and money?  I really hope not.  I guess I may have been letting my usual hope for a genuine fairy tale romance influence my judgment.  I was hoping she at least had herself convinced that she was really in love with Harry.  But I am starting to wonder.

I remember her previous boyfriend, the Toronto chef Cory Vitiello, with whom she lived for two years, dumped her because he felt she was 'full of herself' (i.e., conceited and arrogant), that she thought she was more famous than she was, and he was sick of it.  And her former best friend Ninaki Priddy (I think that was her name) said that after Meghan moved to Toronto to work in the TV show Suits she never wanted to go to restaurants or any public places any more, because she claimed to fear she would be beset by fans.  I mean, she definitely was not that famous back then; she was acting as though she were as famous as she is now, and she wasn't.  She only gained that amount of fame when she started dating Prince Harry.  But she has always thought that she's a STAR - or has wanted to be.

Yesterday while I had to spend several hours on trains I passed the time reading article after article about this whole situation on my phone. I read too many to be able to remember all the titles now, to be able to provide links to them.  But I do remember certain things:  apparently while everyone in the royal family is worried about Harry's mental stability, Harry himself is very worried about Meghan's mental stability.  I read, 'The one thing Harry can't handle is a distraught wife.'  Meghan is said to have been extremely miserable living in Britain, partly because of all the negative press in the papers and on TV, but also in large part because of relations with others in the royal family behind the scenes; it is said that she just can't cope, or is unwilling to, with 'the criticism and backstabbing' that goes on behind palace walls.  (Diana could have told her about all that; for that matter, so could Kate.)  Harry feels his family was bullying him and Meghan, especially William; William, on the other hand, feels that Harry has been rude and thoughtless, especially to the Queen, and that Meghan's behaviour has been just plain inappropriate for a member of the royal family.

Remember that TV documentary a few months back, when Harry and Meghan were interviewed in Africa and talked about how challenging they had found things since their marriage, dealing with all this (though they didn't go into all the details at that time)?  In one of the articles I read it gave the text of part of what Meghan said when she was interviewed, which I copied down because it bugged me so much: "Any woman, especially when they're pregnant, you're really vulnerable, and so that was made really challenging.  And then when you have a newborn, you know.  And especially as a woman, it's a lot."  I remember wondering at the time, watching it, thinking, What on earth is she going on about?  Is she saying that women are more emotional and fragile than men, especially if they're pregnant, so they need to be treated with kid gloves and handled like they're made of fine china?  Because that's what it sounded like to me.  For heaven's sake.  Are women equal to men or not?!  You can't have it both ways. 

Or is it just that Meghan herself is a snowflake?  And a narcissistic one at that.  Me, me, me, me, me.  (Sun in Leo in the 1st house exactly trine MC in Aries; Mars in Cancer in the 12th house, exactly square the MC and exactly semi-sextile the Sun.)  Brutal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:04:28 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 06:50:16 AM »

My main point is that Prince Harry's development now is a continuation of healing and growth from the traumatic childhood event of his mother dying.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you very much for your thoughts on all this, and for giving the link to your article, which I enjoyed.  I couldn't agree more with your main point quoted above.

Looking at Harry's natal chart, with the Descendant at 11º Cancer, it almost seems as though he and Meghan were fated to get together.  Diana had her Sun in Cancer, and with Harry having Cancer on his 7th house cusp, he would obviously be looking for a mother substitute in his marriage partner.  Meanwhile, Meghan's Mars is at 11º Cancer, thus bang on his Descendant.  That degree is very important in Meghan's chart, with not just Mars there but also her Sun, at 11º Leo, and her MC, at 11º Aries; Mars rules Aries, thus she has attained her current public role and stature by marrying Harry.  It's too bad it's Mars that's involved, rather than Venus or the Moon or Jupiter.  Mars might make for good sex and a generally very energetic relationship, but I don't know that it bodes well for longevity, especially given that Meghan's Mars is in her 12th house (secrets; deceit.)

Meanwhile, Harry has natal Neptune (confusion; delusion; deceit) in his 12th house, and where is transiting Neptune right now?  Where else, but at 16º Pisces, exactly squaring Harry's Mars in Sagittarius (foreign lands; freedom) in the 11th house (hopes; wishes; dreams; goals; society), from the 2nd (money!)  Neptune square Mars is one of the most unpleasant transits there is, in my experience; it involves all kinds of behind the scenes goings-on, double-dealing and general secretive nastiness.

Poor, poor guy.  I hope he comes out of all this okay.  I see transiting Mars will exactly conjoin his 11th house Uranus in a few days; I hope whatever surprise is in the wings will not be too awful.  I am a little worried by the fact that, as I read, Harry and Meghan have agreed to 'renounce' their claim to be 'internationally protected people' and will thus be giving up the security they had originally planned to keep, apparently because the cost of that security was proving to be one of the most difficult topics in negotiating the future they want.  This could have downright dangerous implications.

Offline Halina

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2020, 07:56:25 AM »
      There are 2 Monarchy charts;   The Hanoverian Chart, Aug 1, 1714, noon, London, JC and the House of Windsor chart, July 17, 1917, New Style.
Let's look at each chart and the aspects that were present for notable events.
      THE HANOVERIAN MONARCHY CHART
1. Abdication of 1936.  Tr Pluto conj n Mars.   Tr Saturn opp tr Neptune conj nUranus.   Crisis and meltdown.
2. Charles divorces Diana, 1996.  Tr Neptune opp nMars.   Tr Mar-Venus conj nMars.
3. Diana's death.  1997.  Tr Saturn, depression conj nJupiter.
4. Queen Elizabeth's coronation, 1953.  Tr Pluto conj Leo Sun.   Tr Jupiter square nPluto.
5. Victoria's coronation, 1838.  Tr Pluto conj nJupiter.

HOUSE OF WINDSOR CHART
1.  Eliz coronation.   Mars conj Jupiter in Gemini.
2.  Charles' divorce.  Tr Neptune opp nSun

CURRENT ASPECTS IN BOTH CHARTS
1.  Both charts have hard Sat-Pluto aspects.   2. In Hanoverian chart, tr Sat opp nMars and Sun in Windsor chart.
2.  Tr Pluto opp Sat and Sun in both charts.   4.  Tr Uranus hits on both charts Neptunes.   5. In one chart, tr Nep hard to nVenus
     while in the other, to nMars.  6. Windsor chare hit hard by Solar Arc Mars square Pluto in 2022.  then SA Nep-Sat 90 Venus,  2023.
7,  Hanoverian chart hit in 2025, SA Saturn 90 Jupiter and SA Merc-Uranus conj Mars.
8.  Tr Pluto connects to Prince William, Kate and Meghan. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 08:19:36 AM by Halina »