Author Topic: This website takes forever to load  (Read 575 times)

Offline saturn

This website takes forever to load
« on: December 16, 2019, 11:18:38 AM »
Anyone else experiencing this?

It really is terrible - upwards of 15 or more seconds to go from any page to another.

It took 70 seconds to POST this message, then 30 seconds to reload it for editing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:21:46 AM by saturn »

Offline Graham

Re: This website takes forever to load
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 01:40:24 PM »
Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. ... And pages not loading at all, due to "forum overload".

Offline Robynne

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 06:05:45 PM »
Yes. I get notifications to the effect that there is limited data transfer or bandwidth on this website and it is often exceeded now.

Another factor could be that site users have increased from an average 80-90 guests per day, to a current 383 (Todays stats). Therefore there are a lot more people viewing this site if the counter is true.
I do know that these kind of sites can be expensive to keep up, so maybe that is just the best that can be done for now.

Happy to stand corrected, if someone stands more in the know, but that seems to be what is going on.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 06:08:47 PM by Robynne »
Be kind if possible. It never hurts anyone, and just might make someones day!

Offline pdw

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 05:44:27 AM »
I think it's safe to say that everyone has been experiencing technical difficulties with the Forum, on and off, for the last few months. Help has been requested (see Site becoming unusable! in About this Forum section) but obviously a permanent fix has not been...can't be...or won't be found. Yes, unfortunate, frustrating, and sad for me and I imagine the rest of you interested and caring Forumites.

Okay, I added another request for help; maybe Basil will log in and work some magic this time... But I guess I've come to accept the possibility (reality) that the everyday condition of the Forum is not a concern or priority or even noticed by the folks in charge. :(

To add a bit of astrology to my post (as Noel often encouraged us to include ;)), what do you see reflecting the Forum's current technical difficulties in the chart of the Tyl Site launch? Here's what I've got for the launch data (can anyone confirm?): July 15, 1999; Fountain Hills, AZ; 10:10am.

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 05:49:08 AM »
       I tap very lightly and this seems to work really lightly.....sometimes a double tap works and it says you already downloaded your message.
    Also use the site early morning and it works better......useless afternoons or nites when everybody is on it.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
I think it's safe to say that everyone has been experiencing technical difficulties with the Forum, on and off, for the last few months. Help has been requested (see Site becoming unusable! in About this Forum section) but obviously a permanent fix has not been...can't be...or won't be found. Yes, unfortunate, frustrating, and sad for me and I imagine the rest of you interested and caring Forumites.

But I guess I've come to accept the possibility (reality) that the everyday condition of the Forum is not a concern or priority or even noticed by the folks in charge. :(

It's been that way ever since Noel left years ago...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 01:44:35 AM »
Hi Folks

So sorry to hear of all the site problems. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make it better, unfortunately I am not a techie person. I will alert Basil to the problems but perhaps it might be bettter in future to go straight to him at basilfearrington@gmail.com.

Admin

Offline Halina

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »
        I found 2 things that work for me   1.  Go on the site early in morning when few people are on it.....don't go on at night when busy.
2.  Don't tap so hard .....tap very softly, very very softly.    I tap softly once.....sometimes if you tap twice you get the message "YOU ALREADY
      POSTED THIS MESSAGE.

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 03:12:09 PM »
On the day dear Noel passed away - (I got the phone call just minutes after he left his body) - shortly after I came here to the forum to post about the sad news. The site wouldn't load - I got error messages many times.

Finally I just said out loud "Noel - you make your forum work - so I can tell people you are now cavorting in the other dimensions" !!!!!! I said it with authority - and with great fondness for my friend, Noel.

It was really interesting - because I was instantly able to get right on - and post the notice just after I finished the sentence. He's such a powerful soul.
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/