Author Topic: Noel's book: Vocations  (Read 562 times)

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
Noel's book: Vocations
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:48:36 PM »
Hello to all.
I am going to begin some Vocational exercises for some of the Tyl students I am working with - and I just learned that it is now difficult to find a copy of Noel's wonderful book on Vocations.

I wanted to ask here on the forum - if anyone has one they want to sell used - please let me know. I will be continuing to teach Noel's Midheaven Extension Process - and it will be made easier for new people if they can also read the book.

Thank you.
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Halina

Re: Noel's book: Vocations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:04:49 AM »
Hi Kathy,  I found this one on www.ebay.com titled "Vocations" by Noel Tyl....it might be the older one, not sure...check it out.
No book in the greater USA has one.....I looked in www.addall.com/used    which lists every bookstore in US.
    If I was in your position I would use the SEARCH function Tyl site, in the section re MIDHEAVEN EXTENSION PROCESS.
For eg if you were looking up how to do thread strings for a particular actor, search other actors you know in the MHEP SECTION
and you can easily see how to do them.
     I always saved all of Tyl's MHEPs....had 9 binders full of them....threw them all out, cuz knew they are there in the Vocations section of Tyl.
      I FOUND ONE....go to WWW.AMERICANFEDERATIONOFASTROLOGERS.COM ......located in PHOENIX ARIZONA.....
PRICE FOR NEW ONE IS $21.99......if address above doesn't open....google AMERICAN FEDERATION OF ASTROLOGERS/PHOENIX
No idea how many copies they have.......email or phone them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:13:21 AM by Halina »

Offline saturn

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 08:05:15 PM »
Not sure if this helps you, but I have one or more Word docs of all the tutorials Noel has done over the years in this forum. Since he has now passed on, I'm not sure if I can legally make them free for all or what, in order to best help people.

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:28:05 AM »
Thanks - I have directed all the students to avail themselves of the great info still posted here on the Thursday Vocational exercises. That was such a good experience - I did them for many years - and nothing takes the place of risking being wrong for everyone to see. It "upped" the game for many of us - ha.

I have seen Noel's older book on Vocations - which was very early on - and is a collection of writers on the topic. I have that book myself. I'm referring to the newer one. Since he's passed away - greed has set in for those offering the book used on Amazon - and they are asking many hundreds of dollars for one book.

Probably - the price will become more reasonable as time goes on. We've all searched all the sites for this book to be offered. It's really sad - most of Noel's books are not out of print. That's soon going to make it difficult for me (and also Basil) - to continue to teach the Master's Course.... because that's dependent on much reading and study from the BIG book.
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 06:30:26 AM »
Halina - I will check out the one offered through AFA - I know Dave Campbell. I'm also the Tradeshow Coordinator and Speaker Liaison for the ISAR conference - in September 2020 in Denver. Dave is going to provide the bookstore in the tradeshow - and he is President of AFA.

Thank you for letting me know ....
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 06:13:07 AM »
Thank you Graham - I did see the kindle version is available. The people I'm teaching really want the book. I did contact AFA and found a few copies available.
I think it's really sad that many of Noel's books are not going to be reprinted. What a loss.
Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

• James Alexander, Astrologer
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 06:11:26 AM »
I, of course, have the book...but as you likely would guess, I don't want to part with it. 

Still, I feel your pain...  Is there a way to rework the material of the book...? ie. with your own examples or somesuch that would make it easier to skate around copyright and moral issues. 

I doubt if you'd get permission from Llewelyn to use anything from the books, other than review-sized bites. 

The info in the book is (obviously) worth spreading far and wide, but since everyone's getting GOUGED that wants the book, I don't see any way to make this material freely available... 

I hope you find some solution that works for everyone concerned... 

James
http://www.jamesalexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Robynne

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
Kathy,

I have one of the newer copies of Vocations in storage with all my other astrology books, but sorry, it took me decades to get that collection, and I just can't part with any of them. Call me sentimental, but...
Be kind if possible. It never hurts anyone, and just might make someones day!

Offline Maz

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »
I have a signed copy by Noel which I don't want to part with.

But, as a suggestion, what about using the examples from the Vocation exercises. I would assume that it's not breaking any copyright laws, but couldn't you copy the examples of previous exercises and add the charts to them?

I did that but the file became corrupt when I changed computers and the icons I used in the original document I created changed to squares and smilies in the updated file. I copied the text, added the corresponding charts and used this as a training guide.

Although it is not as good as having the book, and it did take a while, it was still effective.

Maz

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
I did find some copies of Vocations at AFA. So - problem solved for now.
Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology