Author Topic: Noel's book: Vocations  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
Noel's book: Vocations
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:48:36 PM »
Hello to all.
I am going to begin some Vocational exercises for some of the Tyl students I am working with - and I just learned that it is now difficult to find a copy of Noel's wonderful book on Vocations.

I wanted to ask here on the forum - if anyone has one they want to sell used - please let me know. I will be continuing to teach Noel's Midheaven Extension Process - and it will be made easier for new people if they can also read the book.

Thank you.
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Halina

Re: Noel's book: Vocations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:04:49 AM »
Hi Kathy,  I found this one on www.ebay.com titled "Vocations" by Noel Tyl....it might be the older one, not sure...check it out.
No book in the greater USA has one.....I looked in www.addall.com/used    which lists every bookstore in US.
    If I was in your position I would use the SEARCH function Tyl site, in the section re MIDHEAVEN EXTENSION PROCESS.
For eg if you were looking up how to do thread strings for a particular actor, search other actors you know in the MHEP SECTION
and you can easily see how to do them.
     I always saved all of Tyl's MHEPs....had 9 binders full of them....threw them all out, cuz knew they are there in the Vocations section of Tyl.
      I FOUND ONE....go to WWW.AMERICANFEDERATIONOFASTROLOGERS.COM ......located in PHOENIX ARIZONA.....
PRICE FOR NEW ONE IS $21.99......if address above doesn't open....google AMERICAN FEDERATION OF ASTROLOGERS/PHOENIX
No idea how many copies they have.......email or phone them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:13:21 AM by Halina »

Offline saturn

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 08:05:15 PM »
Not sure if this helps you, but I have one or more Word docs of all the tutorials Noel has done over the years in this forum. Since he has now passed on, I'm not sure if I can legally make them free for all or what, in order to best help people.

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:28:05 AM »
Thanks - I have directed all the students to avail themselves of the great info still posted here on the Thursday Vocational exercises. That was such a good experience - I did them for many years - and nothing takes the place of risking being wrong for everyone to see. It "upped" the game for many of us - ha.

I have seen Noel's older book on Vocations - which was very early on - and is a collection of writers on the topic. I have that book myself. I'm referring to the newer one. Since he's passed away - greed has set in for those offering the book used on Amazon - and they are asking many hundreds of dollars for one book.

Probably - the price will become more reasonable as time goes on. We've all searched all the sites for this book to be offered. It's really sad - most of Noel's books are not out of print. That's soon going to make it difficult for me (and also Basil) - to continue to teach the Master's Course.... because that's dependent on much reading and study from the BIG book.
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 06:30:26 AM »
Halina - I will check out the one offered through AFA - I know Dave Campbell. I'm also the Tradeshow Coordinator and Speaker Liaison for the ISAR conference - in September 2020 in Denver. Dave is going to provide the bookstore in the tradeshow - and he is President of AFA.

Thank you for letting me know ....
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 06:13:07 AM »
Thank you Graham - I did see the kindle version is available. The people I'm teaching really want the book. I did contact AFA and found a few copies available.
I think it's really sad that many of Noel's books are not going to be reprinted. What a loss.
Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 06:11:26 AM »
I, of course, have the book...but as you likely would guess, I don't want to part with it. 

Still, I feel your pain...  Is there a way to rework the material of the book...? ie. with your own examples or somesuch that would make it easier to skate around copyright and moral issues. 

I doubt if you'd get permission from Llewelyn to use anything from the books, other than review-sized bites. 

The info in the book is (obviously) worth spreading far and wide, but since everyone's getting GOUGED that wants the book, I don't see any way to make this material freely available... 

I hope you find some solution that works for everyone concerned... 

James
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Robynne

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
Kathy,

I have one of the newer copies of Vocations in storage with all my other astrology books, but sorry, it took me decades to get that collection, and I just can't part with any of them. Call me sentimental, but...
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Maz

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »
I have a signed copy by Noel which I don't want to part with.

But, as a suggestion, what about using the examples from the Vocation exercises. I would assume that it's not breaking any copyright laws, but couldn't you copy the examples of previous exercises and add the charts to them?

I did that but the file became corrupt when I changed computers and the icons I used in the original document I created changed to squares and smilies in the updated file. I copied the text, added the corresponding charts and used this as a training guide.

Although it is not as good as having the book, and it did take a while, it was still effective.

Maz

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
I did find some copies of Vocations at AFA. So - problem solved for now.
Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology