Author Topic: Nodal Axis Activity: Transits or Arcs to or from the lunar nodes  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Nodal Axis Activity: Transits or Arcs to or from the lunar nodes
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2020, 08:42:58 PM »
I have to admit, my chart responds more closely to the true nodes. Almost exact square and conjunctions to the nodal axis for important figures and events in my life. But, this view is not an egocentric one, it's seeing myself included as a member of a wider extended family. But then, my North Node is in the Pisces decanent of Cancer, which is ruled by Moon cj Jupiter.

Still, what would we have to debate if we didn't disagree sometimes? 😀

Very true.   :D

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2020, 09:42:01 PM »
I've been looking at my sister's secondary progressions and comparing them to her solar arcs; there's some significant differences.  Her progressed Ascendant is 16º03' Gemini, which is closely conjunct her natal IC.  Her progressed MC is 18º58' Aquarius, which falls in her natal 12th house, opposing the midpoint of her natal Moon and Pluto in the 6th house.  And her progressed Moon is 1º11' Capricorn, thus at the Aries Point. 

Her Solar Arc Ascendant is at 8º28' Taurus, opposing her natal 8th-house Saturn and trining her natal Mars.  Her Solar Arc MC is 20º37' Aquarius, opposing her natal 6th-house Pluto.  And her Solar Arc Moon is at 16º01' Libra, squaring her natal nodal axis; natally, her Mean North Node is 17º57' Capricorn, and her True North Node is 16º01' Capricorn, so in this particular case the True Node is closer.  Not by much, though; the Mean North Node is still being squared by the Solar Arc Moon.

For your consideration ...

(I devoutly hope I have not made any dumb mistakes in this post, which I'm blind to now but which will hit me in the face later!  Apologies if so.)

Pamela, the only progressions I pay attention to are the SP Moon and solar arcs. I use the Mean Node but maybe your sister is more responsive to the True Node.

As Noel recommended for solar arcs I use a 30’ orb either side of exact and only consider a conjunction, square, or opposition to natal planets or points. So, for me, the only arc potential in orb now is her SA Neptune=Jupiter which is very eye-catching since she has a Pisces Ascendant and Sagittarius MC. Plus its arc potential for significant timing and events is being corroborated and realized with T Neptune squaring her MC-IC and T Pluto-T Jupiter squaring her natal Neptune.

What do you make of transiting Mars moving out of your sister's 12th House and across her Ascendant? Not sure that bodes well for things settling down... Could it reflect her having more energy, being more assertive or defensive, or feeling attacked (physically or emotionally)? The transiting Mars-transiting Neptune conjunction in June will square your sister's MC-IC so that might be another sensitive timing trigger to watch out for.

Thanks, pdw; this is what I was hoping someone would do, give me the viewpoint of a committed solar arc user.  That was very helpful.

I'm actually quite worried about the transit of Mars into my sister's 1st house, which starts tomorrow.  She's been very angry with the world for some time now, and particularly with the doctors, but up to now she has not expressed it except to us; with the doctors she has always been meek and mild to their faces.

What I'm afraid may happen is that this stay at the psych hospital, which so far is turning out to be a big bust, may push her over the edge and cause her anger to spill out into plain view.  Because of the pandemic, and with it being a holiday weekend here, she's been isolated in her room pretty well 24 hours a day, other than going to the bathroom which she has to share with several other patients; she even has to eat in her room.  She hasn't seen a doctor at all since she's been there, neither a medical doctor nor a psychiatrist, only nurses who she says just take people's blood pressure periodically and some other vitals; the rest of the time you're just totally on your own.  She's supposed to be under observation for evaluation (by doctors) for 72 hours, but it looks like the 72 hours will be up and the evaluation won't even have begun.  Ideally she should stay longer under the circumstances, but I'm afraid she will leave as soon as she can, i.e., when the 72 hours are up, because she can't wait to get out of there, and I can't blame her.  But I'm afraid she may be very, very angry when she gets out, having as she sees it been through a horrible experience and been given no help at all.

Mars entering the 1st house usually indicates the start of a new period in the person's life, one way or another.  My sister really seems to be entering a new phase of her existence.  I'm kind of scared about it, given what's coming: there's that lunar eclipse on June 5, which closely conjoins my sister's MC/IC axis, and then on June 7, she'll have transiting Mars squaring that same axis, joining transiting Neptune in that; at the same time, the Sun will have just entered her 4th house. 

I don't like it.  I'm afraid she may really lose it, and do something crazy in her place, I don't know what; I just think she may lose it if she has to go back there after her experience at the psych hospital, and without having been given any help at all for her pain or her emotional problems.  She doesn't want be there, she wants to move in with one of us, and that is not going to happen.  When she realizes that, I think she may blow up.

My aunt warned me that my sister may commit suicide, or try to; I disagree - I think if she were going to do that, she'd have tried by now.  I think she's more likely to take out her anger on her place, or on others.  She used to have dreams about knives which she wouldn't tell me the details of, but I gather it involved her using them on others, probably us.  This is the last person one would expect such behaviour from; she has a very nice personality, and everyone thinks she's wonderful.  But she used to have those dreams; I don't know if she still does.

I'm really worried.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:09:28 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Halina

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2020, 05:45:38 AM »
      On Dr. Phil show tomorrow, Wednesday, a serious case of HOARDING.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:18:07 AM by Halina »

Offline pdw

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2020, 07:18:58 AM »
I have to admit the Mars transit looks concerning, perhaps aggravating her individual willpower with wants, frustrations, and disagreements to overcome or fight for. Given all you’ve said about her Pisces Ascendant personality maybe an increased passive-aggressive tendency makes sense for a Mars in Pisces MO.

I’m so sorry the hospital stay is a bust so far. Still, maybe they’ll get it together and give her some attention, at least in terms of adjusting meds. If nothing really changes, I wonder if Mars at her ASC may reflect her disappointing stay and release from the hospital.

I think if I were part of the family I’d be trying to brainstorm realistic changes or living options for your sister going forward. Astrologically speaking, gathering options reflects Gemini to me and we do have the Sun, Mercury, and Venus R highlighting Gemini now. Maybe she could live in the condo if she had some regular paid assistance to help her and/or regular scheduled visits from family members to look forward to? Or is some kind of senior community or assisted living facility available for her kind of situation?

I’d also be saying the ‘Be firm, loving, and kind’ mantra (over and over again :))). I hear that you’re fearful of what might happen if the family won’t house her but I’d urge you to focus on what’s best for all and not let your imagination control the situation.     

Sending positive coping vibes to you and all.

Offline Halina

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2020, 04:43:19 AM »
       REMINDER, today, Wednesday, Dr. Phil show, discusses an example of HOARDING.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2020, 07:42:08 AM »
      On Dr. Phil show tomorrow, Wednesday, a serious case of HOARDING.

Thanks, Halina; I'll check it out if I can.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2020, 07:57:10 AM »
I have to admit the Mars transit looks concerning, perhaps aggravating her individual willpower with wants, frustrations, and disagreements to overcome or fight for. Given all you’ve said about her Pisces Ascendant personality maybe an increased passive-aggressive tendency makes sense for a Mars in Pisces MO.

I’m so sorry the hospital stay is a bust so far. Still, maybe they’ll get it together and give her some attention, at least in terms of adjusting meds. If nothing really changes, I wonder if Mars at her ASC may reflect her disappointing stay and release from the hospital.

I think if I were part of the family I’d be trying to brainstorm realistic changes or living options for your sister going forward. Astrologically speaking, gathering options reflects Gemini to me and we do have the Sun, Mercury, and Venus R highlighting Gemini now. Maybe she could live in the condo if she had some regular paid assistance to help her and/or regular scheduled visits from family members to look forward to? Or is some kind of senior community or assisted living facility available for her kind of situation?

I’d also be saying the ‘Be firm, loving, and kind’ mantra (over and over again :))). I hear that you’re fearful of what might happen if the family won’t house her but I’d urge you to focus on what’s best for all and not let your imagination control the situation.     

Sending positive coping vibes to you and all.

Well, my sister is still at the psych hospital, so far.  She finally saw a psychiatrist yesterday, and she's supposed to see her again today.  She hasn't seen a medical doctor about her physical problems and she says it looks like she's not going to; I guess the psychiatrist will take care of that too. 

As of last night she was saying she still had all her usual symptoms, only worse: very nauseous and light-headed, not hungry and feels sick if she makes herself eat something, not really going to the bathroom.  Hopefully things will improve now that she's seeing a doctor, but she says she doesn't see how she can get through another weekend like the one she's just been through, with all the pandemic precautions in place.

As for her living arrangements when she gets out, we have already tried having a PSW (personal support worker) for her in her condo, and she fired her in no time flat.  Maybe she'll be willing to try again; here's hoping.  The PSW could do her grocery shopping for her, cook for her, do her laundry, clean the place, etc.  Up to now we (my siblings and I) have been taking turns dealing with all this, and of course we would continue to visit, and to have her over to our places.

Having a PSW to help her, even if they were to sleep there and be 24/7, would still be the most cost-effective option.  Going to a retirement home with support would be VERY expensive, and I don't think she could afford it.

I'm waiting for news as to what the psychiatrist thinks, and what the next steps will be.

Offline mb

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »
The Mean node will soon conjunct my 12 house Jupiter 28Gem35 ruler of 6th house. I am hoping Jupiter can help me spiritually again like it did 19 yrs back when I found my path. Its been a huge struggle but worth it and hoping I can gain more insights and spiritual help from above!

mb

Offline Halina

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2020, 07:30:00 AM »
        Correction....Dr. Phil HOARDING case is today, Thursday, May 22.
Sister is now 66 ......her current Solar Arc Sun is 21Cancer20, this activates her AGE INCIDENCE OF DISEASE TABLE
under the Cancer/Capricorn column at age 64, allow orb of 2 degrees.     Showing  she would seek help around this time period,
for a Cancer complaint, hoarding......and that seeking of help would involve family, ruled by Cancer....seeking professional help Capricorn.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:13:24 AM by Halina »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2020, 05:35:02 AM »
I have hesitated to give an update here because things keep changing; it's a never-ending saga.  Originally my sister was supposed to be discharged yesterday in the morning, and she had said she was going to try to live independently.  I guess, if nothing else, staying on the crisis ward of the psych hospital, during the pandemic, has caused her to realize that things could be worse than staying alone in her condo.

But then the psychiatrist decided she wanted to meet with her, finally, yesterday afternoon, to discuss everything, so her leaving the hospital was delayed.  They had started thinking that maybe she (my sister) had dementia, because of her extreme difficulty making decisions (but she's always been like that!)  The psychiatrist had only seen her once at the very beginning, and she'd never seen a medical doctor with regard to her physical problems, which really bugged her since that's what she was worried about.  But now in addition she's all worried about her 'cognition,' after them telling her she might have dementia.

It was decided that she should move from the crisis ward, where she couldn't stay any longer anyway because that's only for short term intervention and they needed the bed, to another ward in the hospital where there were ten empty beds.  My sister was okay with this at first and agreed to it; she thought things would be better, since she'd be on a more medical ward where the people were generally older than they had been on the crisis ward.  The patients in the latter tended to be very young, and looked to my sister like they were street people and/or criminal types (drug pushers, etc.).

So she thought things would be better, but got a surprise when she actually moved onto the new ward: she was not given a room; her bed is just sort of at the end of a hallway, with curtains around it, and there's another patient there too.  My sister says she has no privacy, and now she's saying she wants to go home again.  And she's still really mad that, as far as she's concerned, nothing has been done to address her physical issues (abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, not hungry, not able to go to the bathroom, etc.). She's afraid that her problem is not actually constipation, but something worse, some kind of cancer.  Meanwhile, from all the tests they've done, it's crystal clear that her problem is just simple constipation, nothing more.

So we've got a problem on our hands.  She wants to go home, but we're telling her that if she does we're not going to be taking her to Emergency any more, because there's no reason for it.  The psychiatrist was supposed to call my other sister, who's a nurse and who is the person they're supposed to call if they need to, but last I heard, as of yesterday, she hadn't called.  (The psychiatrist has a huge patient load; it's insane).

So I don't know what's going to happen, but thought I should give an update for the benefit of all the people who've kindly given their thoughts here on her situation.  If there's any real change in the situation I'll let you know.  Many thanks for everyone's input.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:23:38 PM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2020, 05:36:49 AM »
Halina,

I tried to watch the show on hoarding, which looked good, but unfortunately my TV chose that time to act up so that I couldn't see it.  Maybe eventually I'll be able to see it on YouTube.  Thanks for the tip, anyway.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2020, 07:07:15 PM »
Update: Just found out that my sister was, shall we say, getting creative with the facts when she said she didn’t have a room, just a bed at the end of a hallway with a curtain around it.  Turns out that is just plain not true; she’s in a bona fide room which happens to be at the end of the hallway.  It’s a semi-private room so she’s sharing it with another woman, and there’s a curtain separating their beds.  Guess when she said she had no privacy, what she was really saying was that she wants a private room, but she doesn’t have the insurance coverage for that, so she’ll have to shell out if she wants that.

Honestly, the nerve ... telling us she wasn’t in a room! Drama, drama, drama...it never ends.  (Moon/Pluto [in Leo] square Sun cjn Mercury.)

Offline pdw

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2020, 05:40:06 AM »
Update: Just found out that my sister was, shall we say, getting creative with the facts when she said she didn’t have a room, just a bed at the end of a hallway with a curtain around it.  Turns out that is just plain not true; she’s in a bona fide room which happens to be at the end of the hallway.  It’s a semi-private room so she’s sharing it with another woman, and there’s a curtain separating their beds.  Guess when she said she had no privacy, what she was really saying was that she wants a private room, but she doesn’t have the insurance coverage for that, so she’ll have to shell out if she wants that.

Honestly, the nerve ... telling us she wasn’t in a room! Drama, drama, drama...it never ends.  (Moon/Pluto [in Leo] square Sun cjn Mercury.)

Getting creative with the facts...made me think of a dose of Neptune as a cure-all. For her disappointment and discomfort with the semi-private room, as you suggest. Sounds like she's established the need for you to 'Trust but verify' going forward.

Following along, today I see that transiting Mercury is contacting (conjunct-trine) your sister's natal 4th House Jupiter(MC ruler)-natal Neptune trine. Looks like this could reflect something positive in the next few days; an increase in communication, with Gemini highlighted, and possibly a constructive influence (meeting, info, discussion) related to her health and future plans. Or, negatively, I guess this might reflect more truth-stretching and/or an opportunity to broadcast her imagination, fantasy, or fears...which might turn out to be positive if these are directly addressed. Just some ideas...

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2020, 03:19:26 AM »
Hi pdw,

I hope your first suggestion, about the Mercury transit manifesting positively in my sister's life, is what happens.  So far, it's not looking good; she's very down on the place and on her situation in it.  She says she feels claustrophobic in her room, and that the nurses are only giving her medications that can be bought over the counter, so there's no need for her to be in the psych hospital any more.  She says she can't bear it any longer and is begging to be taken home.  That was yesterday, but she was being kept there overnight.  We'll see what happens today, but it sounds like she's going to be going home.  She's not willing to cooperate with them at all.   :-\

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2020, 08:03:03 AM »
Well, yesterday my sister went home.  Hopefully she'll be happier now; if nothing else, the experience of staying in the psych hospital may have allowed her to appreciate her own place more.  All she does is complain about how 'stupid' all the nurses are. 

We're going to have to hire a PSW fast, and impress on my sister that she is NOT to fire her.  We're just hoping the person will stay, and not quit; PSWs are not well paid, and this will not exactly be a dream job.  I think we should give weekly bonuses or something.

Sorry for the lack of astrology in this post.  I know I should discuss my sister's chart with regard to the current transits, etc., but I'm just not up to it at present.  This thing is wearing everybody down; my other two sisters are almost at the point of no return when it comes to helping my psych patient sister.   :P