Author Topic: Santa Barbara University Shooting  (Read 21389 times)

Offline Halina

Re: Santa Barbara University Shooting
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
Hi James, thanx for the Chinese perspective.   A few questions:
    1. He has two Yin Woods and two Yin Metals, I take it this creates rivalries?
    2. What makes his Hurting Officer and Rob Wealth stars negative?  Doen''t he have any positive attributes in these stars?
    3. You say...."this makes one of the main "classic" signatures of serial killers....do  you mean having a "7 Killings Star"?
What other signatures contribute to serial killers?
    4.  Would you mind quoting some reference you used?   Thanx Halina.

Offline Francine

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:54 PM »
I came up with the chart below. Transiting Mars is squaring and has been squaring his Moon causing anger with women. His progressed Moon conjuncts Pluto while transit Saturn conjuncts both causing a big explosion and emphasizing a one-sided emotional life and depression. His Solar Arc Moon has moved to conjunct Saturn and Neptune is transiting his ascendant, (delusions, suicide). The Moon  at 10 Cap is tied in with his Mars_Pluto midpoint (injury to a woman, impulsiveness).
No doubt there is more.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
Hi Halina, yes, let me pull up his chart again...

Year Pillar: Yin Metal Goat
Month Pillar: Yin Wood Goat
Day Pillar: Yin Wood Goat
Hour Pillar: ?

And he was going through his Luck Cycle of Yin Water Snake...

OK, by rivalries I mean several Friend, which here equates to Yin Wood...therefore, he has Yin Wood in at least 2 of the Stems and at least 3 in the Branches...I don't like to use the words sibling (rivalry) or kin for it gives a false impression to those who don't understand Bazi...

Yes, both Joey Yap and Jerry King wrote about several Eating Gods in a chart becoming or turning into a "negative" Hurting Officer...and he has at least 3 Eating Gods (Yin Fire)...and his current Luck Cycle contains a Hurting Officer (Yang Fire) too...

...and the same principle with several Friends turning into a "negative" Rob Wealth...

The "classic" signature I was thinking of include the presence of negative 7 Killings, negative Hurting Officer, and negative Rob Wealth...he additionally has several Indirect Wealth which adds extra impulsivity...

So if one looks up the descriptors of a negative Hurting Officer, negative 7 Killings, and negative Rob Wealth, that will give a pretty accurate description of this young man...

Sorry for not being as explicit as I used to be, but I no longer choose to take the time to carefully elucidate everything...I see something, then sort of jot down a kind of cliff notes version...

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline jon layton

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »
Hi Francine, I believe he was born in the morning as he stated in his manifesto "on the morning of July 24 1991 in a London hospital, I was born."

Since that narrows it down for us I've been toying with the idea of a Cancer Ascendant it is amazing in his writings how sentimental he is. He reflects fondly on the memories of his early childhood and those "innocent" times. Also the sweet and shy descriptions people gave of him fit Cancer. This also keeps the Moon tied to the Jupiter-Pluto square via semi-square/sequi-square which I think it needs to be.

Of course all the heavy action is in the middle of cardinal signs right now so I was thinking mid Cancer Ascendant. I tested a couple dates such as his move to the in 1996 and his parents divorce starting in late 1998.

I settled on a time between 3:45 and 3:50am Venus-Mars conjunction arcing to IC for the move, transiting Pluto square MC/IC axis for the divorce and the kicker Pluto on the Midheaven in the relocated chart for Santa Barbara.

It's a tragic tale the ego demands of his Sun-Moon blend would have been great. Noel writes for Leo-Capricorn "demands are made, demands are met. There is no "fooling around" here. What you want is what you get"

And his demand's were frustrated by other factors and his obscene since of entitlement. He couldn't accept anything less than perfection we add to the mix the sensitive psychology of sexuality and virility= a very troubled young man.

Jon

Offline Francine

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
What you write makes sense Jon though he could be using literary license saying "in the morning". We had to write a biography in high school and mine started with how I was born one cold rainy night which wasn't true at all, lol. I didn't know my birth time until I got into astrology. My husband was sure he was born early evening because his Dad had just come home and had to fix a leaky sink when his Mom went into labor and he was born quickly after. Well, his dad was a doctor so coming home late was usual and my husband was born late at night around 11pm. My choice for the shooter's ascendant was only chosen for the time I drew up the chart and when I saw it I thought it might be appropriate as he has an afflicted moon being hit by the uranus-pluto square. Nevertheless, I just realized his Mars was opposing transit Neptune making him feel like a failure at time of shooting. I also liked the depression shown by his SA moon conjunct his Saturn and progressed Moon conjunct Pluto neither of which would  be there with an earlier birth time.

Offline Francine

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »
Jon, i like checking the La Volasfera degrees for the ascendants. How about this one?

11-12 deg Cancer   A dagger lying beside a skull.   It denotes one of fatal tendencies, destructive to a degree; inclined to cruelty and oppression. This person will need to hold his passions in strong check or some fatality will surely come upon him. The nature is melancholy and taciturn; yet silently discerning, and capable of keen feelings. “It makes not, but it mars; and with the hollow eyes of death looks back with secret self-condemnation upon its unfruitful work.’ The end of life is tragic. It is a degree of UNDOING.

Offline jon layton

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 05:39:06 PM »

Good point Francine, I can't argue with that he very well could have been using creative license as he was a very articulate writer and obviously a highly intelligent and creative Leo. I just wanted you to know that that information was out there (fiction or not).

And you're right that would be another "hot" spot to have the moon in the midst of the Pluto-Uranus square although but no matter what the birthtime is he would have had to endure those difficult transits sometime in the recent past as part of the psychological build up to this tragedy.

11-12 Cancer would be just a few minutes earlier than my suggested birthtime so it would certainly fit in with my line of thinking.

Jon

Offline Antonio

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 02:59:16 AM »
Thank you all for the discussion. Short notes:

Halina, said: "3. You [James W.] say...."this makes one of the main "classic" signatures of serial killers....do  you mean having a "7 Killings Star"?"

I can't read where James has wrote "serial killers"... and I don't think this person [Elliot Rodger] qualifies. 

By the same token, it is wrong when we start assigning numbers and "fatal" signatures to people". This is what a cold blood serial killer does: Treat the victim like one more number in his/her belt of scalp-trophies.
I dislike this propensity for witch hunting. We know how it worked in the past...

"A serial killer is, traditionally, a person who has murdered three or more people over a period of more than a month, with down time (a "cooling off period") between the murders. Some sources, such as the FBI, disregard the "three or more" criterion and define the term as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone" or, including the vital characteristics, a minimum of two murders." Wikipedia

Offline James Williams

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »
Thank you Antonio...good point!  I also don't want to give the impression that there is a classic signature for those who kill others...although it would be easy for a researcher to take the charts of a significant number of "serial" killers and tally up what they do have in their Bazi charts in order to determine whether or not a correlation exists.

However, it is pretty clear that when one reads some of the ancient BaZi texts, as both Joey Yap and Jerry King have done, and then go on to present some of their principles--such as "excess" Eating Gods turning into a "negative" Hurting Officer, or excess Direct Officers turning into negative Seven Killings--that those who do go on a shooting spree like this young man did, that there is likely a strong positive correlation between descriptors.  In other words, it is pretty easy to understand some of the descriptors of what comprises a negative Hurting Officer, a negative Seven Killings, and a negative Rob Wealth.  And it would appear that many killers display these negative characteristics...

But it is also important to mention that an excess of Eating Gods, Friends, or Direct Officers does not automatically mean that they will definitely turn into a negative Hurting Officer, a negative Rob Wealth, or a negative Seven Killings.  However, the potential does exist, as stated in the Bazi classics.  And even if they do turn "negative", it does not automatically mean that that person will sooner or later go on a shooting spree...

This is why it is so important, even essential, to look at their charts not only through the lens of the Four Pillars of Destiny, but also through the lens of western astrology, Jyotisha, numerology, palmistry, face reading, etc.

:)
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline pdw

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 04:32:39 AM »
A Virgo ASC might fit, reflecting:

Virgo ASC - Pisces DSC - reserved, quiet, shy around others; though very observant and sensitive to social interaction.

Hidden behind the low key Virgo persona, his fantasy world in a loaded Leo 12th House would allow him to have a starring role and make the rules. This self-serving power base would include his peregrine Mercury, ruling ASC and MC - emphasizing being mentally alert, impressionable, and independent-minded 24/7.

Sagittarius IC (a personal worldview in private...writing a manifesto) - Gemini MC (emphasizing intelligence and flexibility; perhaps these social skills helped him keep his plans a secret.)

N Pluto in 3rd square N Jupiter in 12th - a powerful dominating mindset; extreme thinking; potentially obsessive, suspicious, twisted personal perspective.   

N Mars in Virgo in the 12th, ruling his 8th House - fears, rejection, 'suffering' related to sexuality. 

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 07:04:55 AM »
Hello.

I was thinking Jupiter on the Ascendant, considering that his Facebook page was filled with selfies and the "horse that he rode in on".  That puts his stellium in the 5th house with the added pressure of making a splash at parties (which didn't work).  If he hadn't killed people, I would have felt very sorry for this young man, perhaps having Sun conjunct Chiron in the suppressed 12th.  Perhaps he was possessed.

I do still feel sorry for him, but more for the families of the victims.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:07:06 AM by Barbara Ybarra »

Offline Halina

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 07:53:41 AM »
....he was a high functioning Aspergers.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
Asperger's syndrome seems to be a catchall (like autism spectrum) for anyone that has difficulty connecting socially with others.  Elliot's Mercury is peregrine and close enough to Regulus to suggest that he could easily fool others with the usual social decorum when it was necessary, such as when the police questioned him recently.

Moon in Capricorn always has a tendency towards depression and the feeling of distance from others.  With Uranus nearby (especially if it rules the 7th) would increase the tendency towards sudden attacks of depression and isolation and inability to relate to people.  Nevertheless, it will not change the fact that the need is there to make an impression on others and require appreciation from others (Leo needs appreciation and attention).

If Jupiter rules the 5th house, it is more insistence on him than joy, being under pressure from Pluto to gain recognition.  There is also a fixed star there at 19 Leo that suggests some major agitation.  Anyway, it was just some thoughts. 

There are many many young people these days with problems.  I myself when I get the chance try to say something specific and positive to them about their own talents and gifts so that they know they are unique and valuable.  So many of them have no one, no one at all supporting them.

Offline Steven7

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 10:17:12 AM »
 Francine,  great graphics on those charts, what software system is it ?

Could be a good case for a Leo asc with Uranus in the 5th house of affairs and romance. In the sign of Capricorn ruled by the planet of delay, Saturn.   Fuel for his frustration in that regard.

Uranus sits at 11-03 Capricorn,, I think that is a difficult degree for 2014.

On December 31st 2013 Trans Mercury was conjunct Trans Pluto at 11 Capricorn
 The following day Jan 1st 2014 there was a rare event
A very gnarly New Moon with Moon Sun and Pluto conjunct at   11 degrees Capricorn
 Mars at 11+ Libra was in square to this cosmic event.
      Midpoint at 26 + Scorpio may be a spot to watch in charts. Especially of Nations and world leaders this year.

If Francine's chart is correct Natal Moon conjunct natal Uranus at the 11 Capricorn address would be more evidence of the transits at the beginning of the year  smashing hard on the lad and setting the wheels in motion, a recipe for disaster.
 The Progressed Moon in Scorpio exacting natal Pluto with Progressed lilith at progressed MC looks wild.

Transiting Pluto Rx in Cardinal Capricorn 13 was  visiting the midpoint of his natal Neptune and Uranus. Actually it has been dwelling there for a long while and went Still  Rx in that pocket.

* Pope Francis has Mercury  7th house  11-48 Capricorn. 12 houses from his natal Moon.  So the Transits at the beginning of the year may have some strong effect on him this year.  No I don't think he'll go haywire and shoot the place up.

Offline Francine

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 10:28:09 AM »
Hi Steven, I just use the free software at astrowin.org I also wanted to add that prog. Lilith conjuncting the progressed midheaven makes perfect sense.

I was just reading the manifesto and what jumps out at me is the jealousy of every single person, every single thing that other's have and he doesn't. He is jealous of those with more money, jealous of the "ugly" people who have sex, mad at his mother because she didn't remarry someone with more money. Money he feels will cure all his problems.  He is also very arrogant which covers up his low self esteem so I could see a case for Jupiter on the ascendant. He does look similar in nose and mouth to someone I know with a 24 Scorpio rising.

I thought I'd look at the La Volasfera degrees for a degree of jealousy and this one would put Pluto on his ascendant with transiting Saturn conjuncting it now:
7-18 deg Scorpio    A woman charming snakes, one of which is twined about her neck.    It is the index of a watchful, brave, but suspicious and jealous nature. Such an one will brave many dangers for the sake of mastery over the passions of others, and will be active in the attainment of the arts of conquest. Nevertheless it is probable that eventually the life will be endangered thereby, and, beyond the loss of power where it is most to be desired, the danger of a poisoned love, or a yet more sinister folly, will threaten to crush and obliterate this person. It is a degree of JEALOUSY.

I attached a chart.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:43:50 AM by Francine »