Author Topic: Santa Barbara University Shooting  (Read 21389 times)

Offline Francine

Re: Santa Barbara University Shooting
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2014, 07:04:47 AM »
Thanks Halina for the info about Maternus. If anyone wants to read his book it is online:
http://www.astrologiahumana.com/firmicusmaternustheoryandpractice.pdf

Offline Halina

Confusing Pada System
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
    James, I am confused as how padas 4, 6 and 8 all end up in House 10 in the D12chart.   Here's the data for D12 padas:
A4, 13Aries41, Nakshatra Bhar, Rasi Aries;  A6, 13Gemini, Ardra, Padi 3, Rasi Gemini;  A8, 1Capricorn57, Usha Nakshatra, Pada 2, Rasi Capricorn.
My puzzlement is HOW THE HECK do these 3 padas end up in the same house in the D12, since the sign on the D12's 10th House is Cancer?????????????????

Offline James Williams

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:10 AM »
Hi Halina, Sri Mimosa here... ;D

OK, padas...K.N. Rao mentions them in his book on Jaimini's Chara Dasha.  Here's how you compute them...

Let's start with A4, or 4th House significations...

The 4th House from lagna Libra is Capricorn.  Saturn rules Capricorn.  Saturn is in Aries.  Starting from Capricorn, count how many houses there are until you come to Aries.  So Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries.  There are 4 houses.  Now, starting from Saturn in Aries, count 4 houses.  So Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer.  So Cancer is the sign which gets the A4.

Same thing with A6, or 6th House significations...

The 6th House from lagna Libra is Pisces.  Jupiter rules Pisces.  Jupiter is in Taurus.  Starting from Pisces, count how many houses there are until you come to Taurus.  So Pisces, Aries, Taurus.  There are 3 houses.  Now, starting from Jupiter in Taurus, count 3 houses.  So Taurus, Gemini, Cancer.  So Cancer is the sign which gets the A6.

Do the same with A8, or 8th House significations...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
And in Jagannatha Hora...

Go to Preferences...Related to Calculations...Arudha Padha Calculation Options...Do not use exceptions in bhava arudha padas...Do not use exceptions in graha arudha padas.
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Steven7

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 09:52:32 AM »
James  Mimosa, do you think Mimosa is the same  as the fixed star Swati ?

Thanks

Offline Halina

Padas: Elementary My Dear Watson
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 10:09:24 AM »
Hi James, just before I decided to read your reply I went to my Vedic library.  In Behari's, "Fundamentals of Vedic Astrology", pg 426 and K.R.Rao's "Jaimini's Chara Dasha" pg47 we have good references on padas and their calculation.   However before I read these, I looked at your explanation and got the concept right away.   Thank you very much.   By Asc I understand you mean the Asc in the D12.
     Now I am going to go to Jagantha Hora for Arudha Pada and figure things out.
By the way, in Jagantha Hora there is an option of sending things to Paint.   However this program wouldn't allow me to copy the D12 list of Padas, signs, Nakashatras etc.   Do you find that Jag. Hora only allows you to copy various varga charts and only charts and not Tables such as the D12 Table???
     I take it A7 would be the pada representing one's spouse, A9 would be the pada representing one's father,  A10, one's career, A11, one's friends....I don't know if this system goes further into A12, one's travels, one's bedtime affairs.   Please clarify if I'm wrong here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:16:41 AM by Halina »

Offline Halina

Practice: Calculation of A8
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2014, 10:40:31 AM »
     The 8th House from D12 Lagna Libra is Taurus.  Venus rules Taurus and is in Sagittarius.  Count from Taurus to Sagittarius...Ta,Ge,Cn,Leo,Vi,Libra,Sc,St...8 Houses.   So count 8 Houses from Venus in Sag and you end up in CANCER.  Is this correct, James?

Offline James Williams

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »
Yes, Halina, you see the pattern... :)

And yes, A7 refers to 7th House significations, A12 refers to 12th House significations, and so on...Jyotish house significations, of course...

Regarding JH tables, I've never attempted to copy and print them, so perhaps...

Offline James Williams

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »
Steven7, I haven't done enough research yet on your question...perhaps...

Offline Halina

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2014, 04:01:03 PM »
Thanks James, interesting how their is corroboration and confluence in the other charts.  Thank you, learned something new in Vedic today.  In Parashara's thick book he mainly covers Pada and being wealthy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:18:04 PM by Halina »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2020, 07:40:35 PM »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2020, 07:42:56 PM »
Here's a Vibrational Astrology take on Rodger's charts...by David Cochrane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=bKExCU40i2s&list=PL7dB1Eig3ZbJzMd08883M4UtTxI9qkKym&index=6