Author Topic: Fullmoon=Sun/moon  (Read 5344 times)

Holly

Fullmoon=Sun/moon
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
Hi,

I'd like to ask know if fullmoon conjunct Sun/moon means some emotional (relationship) upset?

Holly

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Fullmoon=Sun/moon
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »
Hi Holly:

Well, nothing against Zarathu or the people who have worked so hard at building the case for transits to midpoints, but I think in this particular instance we might not want to be so hasty in dismissing the idea.  The Moon travels by that point once every month but the full Moon would not come there so often.  Nor the new Moon either.  Normally we astrologers will not include the transits or solar arcs of either of the planets that make up the midpoint pair. This only makes sense, because it doesn't tell us very much to have one of those planets there. However,  should we take everything as gospel that cannot be touched?

The Moon as our primary need in life has, I believe, an added emphasis for women, just as the Sun has an added emphasis for men. 
We all have our yin and yang energy, but we are each primarily one or the other.  A full Moon, aside from making some people crazy, seems to have a very deep emotional impact on some women.  I would think that a full Moon at Sun/Moon would greatly add to this experience.

Barbara Ybarra

Holly

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:43:31 AM »
Thank you for your reply Zarathu and Barbara.

Normally we astrologers will not include the transits or solar arcs of either of the planets that make up the midpoint pair

Since it is a male person that I am concerned so if it is a normal fullmoon or lunar eclipse it may not have that much impact but I shall keep an open mind.

Many thanks.
Holly

Offline VenusLady

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »
Well the way I look at these events is how do you interpret Sun/Moon? Like Barbara says, it's the yin/yang energy within a person. The balance between Ego and Inner Self/emotions. The receptive intuitive Self and the assertive outgoing Self. It's also a classic relationship midpoint. A full moon generally either brings something to a full circle or may also signify an ending of sorts. However... there are 13 lunations in a year - so unless the person is dealing with other MAJOR issues or aspects, this full moon may not be very dramatic at all. It may not even be noticeable. It could be something as small as a personal revelation about something the person has been dealing with or an issue that comes to a close, that sort of thing. Now if it were a Lunar Eclipse, (Big Full Moon) you might expect longer-ranging effects but only if other things in the chart support that theme...otherwise, you're looking for stuff that isn't there to begin with.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't just isolate a particular transit, lunation or what have you and say "this" is what will happen. It's always in context of the big picture of your life at that time. At least that's been my experience!

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:10:20 PM by VenusLady »

Offline sunflower

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
Holly,

{Since it is a male person that I am concerned so if it is a normal Full Moon or Lunar Eclipse it may not have that much impact but I shall keep an open mind.}

The Lunations effect us all - both male and female, as do the Eclipses. A lunation can have as much an effect as an Eclipse. If there is not a direct Planetary hit then look at the affairs of the houses impacted. We all have the Sun and Moon in our charts - we are all impacted. The male person you are thinking off right now is under the influence of this current 21 Cancer Full Moon - look at the placement in his chart where this Full Moon occurs and consider the affairs being impacted.

Right now we have King Tides here - if the Full Moon can have this pull to the great oceans then think what it can do to our emotions and behaviors. The fishermen watch and consider the Moon phases and the tides before they venture out into the ocean. Farmers plant their crops by considering the Moon phases.

Where our Natal Moon is in our chart indicates where 'we will go through phases'. This applies to both male and females.Dane Rudyar's book is very good as Yarathu suggests.

sunflower   :)
sunflower