Author Topic: New Year Reolutions for 2009?  (Read 4521 times)

Offline sunflower

New Year Reolutions for 2009?
« on: January 11, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
Hi,

Did any Forumite make a New Year Resolution for 2009? I did and I will disclose it even though I am a private person and do not share too much publically.

I'm usually busy person, with my glass always half full. I determined I would make a resolution to read, and really read good books I had wanted to in 2008 but didnt get around to it.

So far book #3 is in hand and I'm about 100 pages to the end of it. I chose books that has been best sellers for 2008. A Thousand Spendid Suns, loved it! Then Book of The People by Gerladine Brooks, an Australian and a Pulitzer Prize Winnerand a fascinating read indeed.  My current read is Water For Elephants - another 2008 best seller. Moves  quickly, hasnt 'sunk in the middle' and I have 100 pages to read!

I have two others on my list, The Book Thief and a new book by Australian author John A Flanagan just released, Storm Peak. I felt I may have set myself a more difficult task but now my love of reading has returned and I am hungry for more good reads.I always watch a TV segment called 'The First Tuesday Book Club' on ABc here. I love it and love listening to the comments the readers make on the selected book. Think I will join a Book Club myself now.

When I take a look at my Natal  chart and place the New Years chart around it I'm chuffed to see the transits to my 9th House -
the 9th House is loaded!And Mercury is elevated!!! I have just had a Nodal return, so quite significant indeed. I had not considered the Astrology of the moment of my decision but it is all there! This Transit chart is quite similar to chart I drew up when I began to look at and into Astrology!

An unusual experience I had while at the Library to pick up a book was to meet a lady who has an identical name to my own
quite uncommonly spelled Birth name! This is her married name - her husband had come from the same area as had my forbears and her husband's Christian name is spelled identical to my Patriachal GrandFather. How neat!

Please feel welcome to share your own New Years Resolutions and maybe we can help and support each other to move forward with what ever it is they wish to achieve.

sunflower   :)
sunflower

Offline sunflower

Re: New Year Reolutions for 2009?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:25:18 PM »
Hi Starshine,

Nice picks for your Chiron Return - healing methods I'm sure are good.

I have never read any of Stephen King's books - I will say not as yet, becausde I just might. I know he went to Orono and lived in Maine. He was very badly injured by a car hitting him as he walked along the road some where in Maine afew years ago now.

This afternoon I will read and will order 2 books from the library.

Happy reading,

sunflower

Offline DGordon

• Cosmic Cardinal Cross Astrologer
    • Xstarian Center for Astrology
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
Each year, I focus on an facet of astrology to learn. Eclipses are my course of study in astrology this year. Already, I have read Berandette Brady's expalanation of the Saros Series and gained insights. It helps in writing my autobiography. ;D
Consciousness between the brows. Breathe oh-ee-ah.

Offline sunflower

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 03:18:00 AM »
DGordon,

I'm sure Bernadette Brady's book on Eclipses will be a great help to you in understanding the 'families' or Saros Cycles. Eclipses are extremely fascinating to work with, my favorites.

sunflower

Offline pdw

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:40:45 AM »
Sunflower, it surprised me to see reading as a resolution and with your success already - inspiring!  I dare you to actually find and join that Book Club - now that expansive Jupiter is in like-minded Aquarius - to celebrate the return of your 'love of reading' with others (Nodal Return).  :)

I didn't make a resolution but enjoyed reading yours and the others.  All, thanks for sharing. 

Offline sunflower

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »
pdw,

Have to say I have surprised myself! My goal was to read 12 good books over 2009 - I used to be an avid reader some years ago but work etc got in the way! I have a loaded 3rd house so it's been triggered!

My oldest son is big on reading - he has an enormous number of books in his 'private library'. I saw a Tarot Card reader in early 80's and she told me I had a son who would have a room in his with books lining all four walls. Thats how it is - the books are not put on the shelves until they he reads them. He is a speed reader and can estimate the number of hours it will take him to read any book - a page a minute! Dont think I am there yet but if I'm interested I read more quickly than I thought I could.

I will seek out a book club locally. The disussions on books I see on TV are so interesting. Thanks for your post. Be Well.

sunflower :)
sunflower