Author Topic: Urania  (Read 26492 times)

Lura

Urania
« on: May 29, 2009, 08:06:32 AM »
Noel,

I just want to say that I think, NO I feel the same as I did when your 'Solar Arcs' book fell literally, into my lap, at a very distinct threshold many years ago.  It was big, and life-changing.

This little book (mentioned in an earlier thread) brings in, right before the Creation chart, Nicholas Campion's own personal experience, citing as an example, Urania's impact.  It was in his words a move of an 'invisible hand,' prefaced by a big HOWEVER as to something else out there, and that astrologers do the astrology.

Other transits at the time, connecting others in a 'bizarre triumvirate.' [reference to Campion]  And, how prayer does work!

Urania represents Astrology.  Has anyone else any experiences to share?

appreciated

Offline Jaxxy

• Make it a great day!
    • AdultFanFiction.net
Re: Urania
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:11:23 AM »
Halo, Lura -- Nice to 'net you!   :)  Just browsing the ol' stomping grounds, here... and then I see "Urania".  Glee!

(I haven't read the book of which you speak, but...)

Definitely, an Uranian... ( ::) no, we can't say it that way)... an, um, Uranistical incident rather did whack-a-mole me -- at length, in my very own chart.  It wasn't a transit or an arc -- nothing fancy -- just natal.

I have been known to fret "The Astrologers' Degrees", and the commonly held belief that Uranus' power in your chart, nearly alone, is what indicates "a natural Astrologer".  Well, I don't have this ten-ton Uranus -- nor am I a quintuple Aquarius/double Leo/anything fifteen degrees, with Uranus on the Moon!  Yet, I  :-*LOVE:-* my Astrology... hmph!

Okay, sure, I've got native Sun conjoined Saturn, both trine Uranus.  Still, that did not satisfy the question of my, not 'talent', not 'interest', not 'knack', not 'maybe...', but my INCREDIBLY VORACIOUS APPETITE for Astrology!  Add the Tenth house, for my Uranus -- alright, that's an indicator, a 'possible career'.  Actually, though, I work on the Internet; I own and manage a huge website (which is not quite "work"... much more a calling).  To me, that more than covered Uranus Ten, and my Sun and Saturn's tie to him.

Because really, elsewhere in this nativity, Uranus does not at all knock you down, compared to the rest: No quindeciles (of which I have scads), not out-of-bounds (of which I have fully three), cosmodynes, not much power... no Aquarius, either, and not much doing in the Eleventh.  He's just a little retrograde -- ho-hum! -- quite a lot drowned out on this wheel, you see.  Seems Uranus is already working, considering my marked place on the Internet.

However, as for Urania...
One night, as I was sleepily tossing asteroids, the names of whichever struck me, into several of my stockpile of charts, my eye spied this little Urania.  An Astrologer immediately thinks, "Oooh, Astrology!" (Especially me, the astro-fiend, non-professional and all.) 

Well!  When I placed Urania in my chart, I found her comfily poised on my natal Mars --  :o with one minute's orb.  Finally!  I beamed.

It's important to say that, on a holistic level, I have always been weak in the Mars departments.  This is long before I knew what Mars was, or that a person could "have" one.  I'm naturally non-confrontational; I have a terrible time of expressing anger, or even understanding why others must be "so rash".  (It's to the point where I am in active self-training to speak out, when needed.)  I'm not an across-the-board driven, or loud, or running-amok, or impulsive, or particularly sexual, or any sort of strongly Martian person: My Mars is clearly fallen.  (No Aries to speak of, either -- just the Ram-flavored Chiron... like everyone else. :D )

But that crab darts right off of my Mars (presumably into a little pock in the sand... awww), where Urania will have her seat!  I, never having been a fan of studies in school, will study Astrology 24/7, given half a chance.  If someone asks an open question anywhere, I do answer it straight away, and further, set about merrily explaining all the hows and whys and physicalities of how that aspect, planet, whichever, really works (in my admitted opinions).  And, I am capable of expressing outward frustration, when caught in a gaggle of sun-sign generalizers -- I will stand and argue, where on almost anything else, I'm likeliest to just pick another battle.  (Zee Bool Moon, she strike again.) 

I cannot help myself!  In this teeny, concentrated spot -- Astrology -- I become an Aries.  I am sold: Urania activates even my slumbering Mars.

An important step back -- another "angle" (hyuck!): It's interesting to look at my native Uranus, after having found Urania's position.  Urania near-partile Mars, yes-yes... oh, and both are SQUARE URANUS.  It took more than Uranus to activate that Mars, but no more than Urania.

:o        :o

So, I submit myself, the Uranian, Uranistical Fallen Martian, for your approval.  ;)  Perhaps Uranus-straight-to-Urania connections are to be sought, instead of one or the other's connection to something else?  Partile-ish Mars or no, it's definitely a possibility that Mars is not at all what lights that fire, what with the Urania=Uranus rather aglow like that.

I really hope that helped you along in you wonderings, if just a tad, Lura.  I am fascinated to know others' experiences, too!  Heavens know mine was an epiphany.  Dying to know if it matches up -- thanks so much for this topic!

THREAD BUMP!   :P

Love,
Jaxxy.  =)
Remember -- the clear light, the pure, clear, white light, from which everything in comes, to which everything returns; the original nature of your own mind, the natural state of: Universe, unmanifest.

Let go into the clear light, trust it, merge with it; it is your own true nature; it is Home.

Online ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »
Hello Jaxxy,

Glad that you stopped back in...

I have Urania opposite the Midheaven to less than 1-1/2°, so I came into this "trip" already with Astrology in my former "tricks bag".

Mars rules my Midheaven, couldn't you just tell, and Uranus is square to Mars.  Between the two, it is certainly no wonder that my Midheaven "profile", however you derive it, would have "kicking astrological butt" (wanted to Aries-like phrase it, you understand) as a major element.    ;)

Have fun and welcome back to the Forum!

OD'dOnLifeItself
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:33:44 AM »
I have Urania opposite the Midheaven to less than 1-1/2°, so I came into this "trip" already with Astrology in my former "tricks bag".

Hello All,

I'm interested (now) in Urania, thanx to the various comments here. Mine is in the 11th house, and I have Uranus (29 Leo) cj my 27 Leo MC, with Uranus-Mc q Sun-Ve in Aquarius. All indications of my obsession with astrology that started by age 10.

Though I am not a professional astrologer yet --still in the student phase, I believe nothing is ever lost. Meaning: I may be a student all my life (due to various side trips and distractions) and never realize my 10th/11th house potentials, but I will take whatever level of astrology I have risen to and start my next "trip" (life) at that level. I think that's the same with any quality/trait though --we pick up where we left off.

Enjoyed these interesting thoughts.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:41:15 AM »
Hello All,

I'm interested (now) in Urania, thanx to the various comments here. Mine is in the 11th house, and I have Uranus (29 Leo) cj my 27 Leo MC, with Uranus-Mc q Sun-Ve in Aquarius. All indications of my obsession with astrology that started by age 10.

Forgot to mention my 11th house Urania (which is also cj my POF at 00LI) is closely trine that Sun-Ve cj, tying into the quindecile equation. Eureka!

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Jaxxy

• Make it a great day!
    • AdultFanFiction.net
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 05:53:20 AM »
OD'd! -- wonderful to see you, my Mars square Uranus buddy!  Thank you for the welcome-back.  (:-[/ :D!)

And hello, Stacy!  Another Uranus midheaven... niiice.  You're welcome if I offered (or offer) anything... I'm chewing on your Urania, now, myself.  At what degree is it?  Cool attitude on practicing Astrology (or not), too -- that's just how it is for me.  Professional or no, this science and art simply fills my spirit, and it will not leave me, either, for lives to come.   :)  (EDIT FOLLOWING YOUR EDIT [lol]: There we go -- nice Q's!  And a Libran AP conjunction for Urania -- woo hoo, no stopping you!)

Well, now that you guys're mentioning it, perhaps I brought my Uranus dealie-o along from another incarnation, too -- either that, or I did some mighty choosy pickin' just for this one.  Not to 'jack the thread, as I see this as all interrelated (Venusian fool that I am!), so, please indulge my Uranus-laden addition to the Urania (vs. Uranus?) thread...

Mercury rules my natal MC (couldn't you just tell?), he himself conjoined the Sun and Venus (and Saturn, by extension).  Mercury also rules the Sun, and Saturn, in his other Home: The three are in Gemini.  Venus retrogrades from 1'00" Cancer, to conjoin Mercury exactly (barely, but still, in his Home), in perhaps three days.

I found that Mercury is in aspect with Uranus.  It is a tight tredecile (sesquiquintile), too, at a total of 108'49" of separation.  So, the ruler of my MC is also neatly aspecting Uranus, and so will two of his (literally) closest friends -- one of whom he rules -- very shortly.  Angular houses on both ends, incidentally: the Seventh House holds Saturn, the Sun, Mercury, and Venus, while the Tenth holds Uranus (who, in his eternal wisdom, managed an escape into Libra). 

Welp, there goes my "My Uranus ain't doin' anything!" spiel.  And a Gemini-flavored Mercury tredecile Uranus suggests a 'Yappity-yap yaps' Astrologer, at least... ah, me.

Still, I really think the Urania=Mars (that near-partile conjunction) is super-good evidence for Lura -- it still stands quite on its own, Uranus notwithstanding.  And, of course, the fact of the Urania=Uranus (square) -- ignoring the rest of the DC stellium -- still might really stand, and I know it would love comparison with others' Urania findings.

<3

P. S. ~ I can't help myself... Yay for the "tray-duh-CHEE-lay"!!!
Remember -- the clear light, the pure, clear, white light, from which everything in comes, to which everything returns; the original nature of your own mind, the natural state of: Universe, unmanifest.

Let go into the clear light, trust it, merge with it; it is your own true nature; it is Home.

Online ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:23:24 AM »
Hello Jaxxy,

Re: "tray-duh-CHEE-lay"

No doubt about it, that pegged the comedy meter.  (I admit I laugh pretty easily, but even if I didn't, THAT would be humorous.)

You look in strange places to find things...and I like that.

The main roads are often over-traveled.  Finding the hidden oasis is much better than being the trillionth person to "find" the ocean.

Way to go, Jaxxy!    ;)

You bring up a good point that Noel has often commented on (forgive me if I misquote) concerning "ALL PLANETS being in aspect."  If you use every harmonic between 1 and 360, you should just about have it all covered.  ;)

Speaking of which...look at your chart under the 7th harmonic, I think you'll see some interesting insights... assuming you haven't already committed them to memory.   ;)

Have fun!

OD'dOnLifeItself
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:29:27 AM by ODdOnLifeItself »
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Lura

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »
Hi O, Jax and others,

Urania, currently tr. 3 Virgo.

A source at Treehouse Mountain (couldn't find author) has a good description:

Urania is an APPERCEPTION, mental capacity to put things in context and draw on past experience.  That ability will be challenged.  One may need help to make decisions or to put various parts together.  May indicate astrological research, with an accent on ancient methods, in a link of theory with detail.

John Addey:  Urania is more serious, prefers to look at the "deeper things in life." Precision, urge to be different.

Urania may indicate the right person is found for you, if your Urania conjuncts another's planet or cusp of house.  "Right for you" in the area represented by the planet or cusp.

Bill Tierney:  Urania, to grasp holistically, an overview, plus grant power of single-mindedness required to bring a rare perspective into sharper focus, in order to integrate this into a more unified whole.

Philip Brown (AstroFutureTrends):  Danica Patrick example of Quintile, how she focuses her creative freedom, and imagines the track and her riding it before a race.  The Quintile, "to mold the outer materials to form to match the inner vision." (Rudhyar)

This past Full Moon to the Algonguins, is known as the STRAWBERRY Moon.  When I was born in 1961, the strawberry harvest was very good.  I have Urania Q Moon.  There is something in this beautiful image I have yet to realize.  There seems to be a destined creative partnership urging forth.

Currently, tr. Urania is in a Grand Earth Trine.

I enjoyed reading your posts.  At a loss for words, I guess because I'm not used to getting them.

maybe, that was her, when I felt that strong magnetic compass setting at a most serious time of life?

not "kicking but" but similar motivation...

Offline sunflower

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
All,

Urania conj M/H here!

sunflower    :)
sunflower

Online ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »
Hello Lura,

Re: Treehouse Mountain

They are the publishers of books by Martha Lang-Wescott.

Mechanics of the Future was excellent.  She really shows that she KNOWS asteroids.

Sunflower, All:

Urania relating to the MC, "To pursue or incorporate astrology or some Urania related field as a career; to be able to see patterns, syndromes, and underlying factors as part of the professional focus; to attempt to escape emotional bias and deal with the "facts" and contributing causes; to present oneself as "bright"; to seek opportunities to demonstrate intellectual skill."  ~Lang-Wescott

Urania related fields: astrology, astronomy, mathematics...and anything relating to abstract, theoretical, or symbolic knowledge or where important data must be extracted from a mess of "facts."

OD'dOnLifeItself
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:10:14 PM by ODdOnLifeItself »

Lura

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 03:02:49 PM »
Thanks O,

It was confusing.  I found something.

This man has his Urania Rx conjunct Vertex - Leo bq Asc, square Pluto, trine Neptune-Mercury.

Is it Rudhyar that said Neptune rules Astrology?  I thought he'd be a good rep of Urania, expecially with a Mercury Rx.  I also find it fascinating to see his Juno-Pholus in opposition to Urania Rx-Vertex - Aquarius.

His progressed Moon is prompting the grace of finding him, as it conjoins natal Juno-Pholus.

Intense, restless, perfectionist, phenomenal ear, photographic memory, detail and sonority =

ARTURO  TUSCANINI

He was "so into the music" at times, especially during transfiguration stages.  Before he died, he is said to remember 3 things:  the SUNSET,  the GRAND CANYON  &  ELEANOR POWELL'S DANCING!

that pretty much en[COMPASS]es Urania?*

Thanks for the add'l thoughts.

Lura

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »
oops! almost forgot.

In Tuscanini's 'NBC Symphony of the Air,' a farewell in his honor, the orchestra played "AS IF HE WAS THERE!"  The imagining of an impression.  Like one takes the compass, we can bring in his Jupiter/Venus, one article has him with the ability "to sense the group soul as if they WERE as one AND could play as one."

3/25/1867, 2:00 AM, Parma, Italy

Urania=Symphony of Air?

Offline sunflower

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 04:44:48 PM »
Od,

Thanks for the info on Urania on M/H. I really like to be different!

sunflower   :)
sunflower

Online ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 04:29:55 AM »
Hello Sunflower, Lura, All;

You are certainly welcome.  We should all share resources when we can.  We're all free to accept/reject as we wish, keep the inflowing gates OPEN.

Have fun!

OD'd

Online ODdOnLifeItself

Re: If You Want To Learn More
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:45 AM »
Hello

If you want to learn more about asteroids, the best place to start is to take a good list of some of the defined ones.  (I would start with the Lang-Wescott list...it's even DEFINED in some astrology software programs)   

Look at the ones (especially) that are angular and that are conjunct planets.  I promise it will fill in some grey areas!

Also, in event charts, they are often what I would call "the missing piece of the puzzle" when trying to find out the FULL RAMIFICATIONS of the event, of LOOKING ALL OVER to find that missing "piece".  Remember, in natal astrology, we can quiz the client.  When a space shuttle explodes, an extreme underdog wins a national competition, a man destroys a whole family, a famous actor dies under mysterious circumstances; the real answers aren't always forthcoming... hence, all the details you CAN get...you should.

As an example,

Seeing that David Carradine has/had Eros (what turns you ON and especially sexually) tightly conjunct his Midheaven explains a little more about his "life direction."   (Remember that it is alleged and supposedly confirmed by a family member that David had a longtime "familial sexual relationship".  It is also commented from multiple sources of an intense, dangerous, dark side to his sexuality.  These are things that I did not previously know.)  Seeing Mars square Isis, tightly, implies that, IN UNDERSTANDING HIS OWN MARS, there is always the feeling that if he just had that ONE MORE PIECE OF INFORMATION that it would all be solved.  If one feels that the one NEXT further experience will be the solution, it keeps one on the HUNT, ever taking what came before and going one step further.  This is just two asteroids, very quickly examined, and already we gain much more understanding about elements of his life...or should we say, elements of his death...

This doesn't PROVE anything; however, we're not in a court of law, we are astrologers trying to gain insights.  Already, we immediately are one step closer to UNDERSTANDING one facet relating to this, much admired, man. 

If there is interest, I would spend the time to examine his death with a much fuller fleshing out of the asteroids "involved" and post it.

Re: Natal Horoscope

In my opinion, you do have to discriminate some... ie. you can't just throw several dozen more factors in a natal wheel and expect to NOT be confused.  However, if you look at the angular ones (and aforementioned conjunctions to planets), you will be surprised and without very much added work...

Have fun!

OD'dOnLifeItself
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 05:46:47 AM by ODdOnLifeItself »