Author Topic: Post Totals  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Kelly C

• Comedic Asteroidic & Avid Aspect Looker Upper
Post Totals
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »
Hi!

Multiple members just had their post totals drop.  Was a whole page deleted?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:16:56 AM by Kelly C »
Please help the planet by using a few dollar sign canvas bags when making a quick stop at the bank.

And please use a solar powered golf cart to flee the scene.

When electing a chart for an important occasion, be sure to fortify the Ascendant, especially with riboflavin!

Offline James Williams

Re: Post Totals
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »
Hi Kelly, yes, most likely, someone has removed an entire topic which s/he had previously started.  It happens from time to time...the trick is finding out which one was removed, lol...

:)

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:45:38 PM »
For example, since you started this topic, you should see a Remove Topic button on the lower left portion of your screen whenever you return to this thread.  And when others add on to a thread or topic that has been started by someone else, they don't have the Remove Topic button available to them, but if the originator of the thread decides to remove the entire topic, everyone who had contributed to that thread or topic will be erased.  Hence the point count drop.  Hope this makes sense...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Kelly C

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »
Hi James,

I did a search for Kathy Griffin's Bad Week and came up empty.  I guess that's it?  It's not a big deal.  That thread had only 47 years of my research!  Just kidding!  It was only 46 years worth!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:18:07 AM by Kelly C »
Please help the planet by using a few dollar sign canvas bags when making a quick stop at the bank.

When electing a chart for an important occasion, be sure to fortify the Ascendant, especially with riboflavin!

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 12:09:23 AM »
Hmmm, that's strange.  My understanding is that only you, and most likely administration, has the ability to remove that topic--if you were the originator of that thread.  Perhaps Cathy, if she sees this, can shed more light on things.  Maybe a hacker got to it?  Very weird.  Definitely not right...

Offline James Williams

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 12:12:34 AM »
...now if someone else started that thread up, then s/he could remove it, and yes, everyone who posted there...their posts would be deleted as well...

Offline Kelly C

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 12:16:29 AM »
I figured out what happened but I don't want to make a federal case out of it, or even a state case!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:56:31 PM by Kelly C »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 05:54:11 AM »
That's very strange Kelly. I have no idea what could have happened, it wasn't anything to do with me ... honest!

Admin

Offline Kelly C

Re: Mystery Partially Solved!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 11:14:17 AM »
Thanks Cathy!  I already knew you hadn't deleted the posts.

According to the report just issued by my assembled team of twelve cyber homicide detectives, a member who had no posts in the Kathy Griffin thread suddenly lost six posts.  I know my post from another, yet to be identified thread, was deleted.  I'm sure Noel Tyl didn't delete the threads because that's not his style and because he was never logged on.
The tres gauche deleter was the member whose post total dropped by 25. (See my correction ahead.)
But there's still a mystery to solve so I have a proposal.  The first forumite who can identify the other deleted thread will win a year's supply of Rice O Roni!  It's the San Francisco treat!
However, it's my contention that the flavor can, in fact, be beaten!  I'm still trying to come to grips with the song's grammatical error that traumatized me as a boy!

Seriously, I'm not losing any sleep over the missing threads.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:14:58 PM by Kelly C »

Offline Kelly C

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »
Upon further review, I discovered I had the wrong person!  I'm glad I didn't reveal the wrong name! The person had deleted many more posts than I first thought.
I noticed back on January 31 that this person deleted 6 of Noel Tyl's posts that were among the many posts that were deleted.  Though the deletions were 'tres gauche,' the deleter is well liked.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:48:45 PM by Kelly C »