Author Topic: The (Psychopathic) World Renowned Surgeon and his victims  (Read 1343 times)

Offline All Fire

The (Psychopathic) World Renowned Surgeon and his victims
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:34:10 PM »
Just watched a 20/20 two hour documentary about Paolo Macchiarini, a world renowned surgeon, and Benita Alexander, an NBC tv producer and investigative journalist. They met when she was assigned to produce a documentary about him in 2013. It’s told (very well) from her point of view, replete with stunning video recorded at the time. He wooed her in a storybook romance on a grand scale. Hook, line and sinker.

In 2015, she discovered he wasn’t what he claims to be. She was determined to expose him for the fraud she knows him to be.

In 2016, Vanity Fair did an expose. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/celebrity-surgeon-nbc-news-producer-scam. n.b.: the article has useful transit dates.

By now, much more has been discovered. Seven of the 8 patients he performed what was then described as groundbreaking surgery on people with bad tracheas (windpipes) have died horrible, unnecessary deaths. His scientific publications, upon which his fame was originally based, were exposed as fraudulent research. Last fall, he was indicted in Sweden for aggravated assault on three surgical patients in Sweden.

Paolo Macchiarini was born August 22, 1958 in Switzerland. Benita Alexander was born April 21, 1966, unknown location.

Benita: Sun @ 0 Taurus, Mars @ 2 Taurus, Moon in early Taurus; Venus @ 15 Pisces opposite Uranus @ 15 Virgo and Pluto @ 16 Virgo.

Paolo: Neptune @ 2 Scorpio, Sun 28 Leo, Mercury conjunct Pluto @ 1 Virgo; Saturn Rx @ 19 Sagittarius.

Between 2007 and 2011, I litigated a case against the estate of a world class psychopath (37 out of 40 on the Hare Psychopathy Test) on behalf of a woman who suffered the same fate as Benita Alexander.

My client has an exact natal Venus Pluto conjunction in Leo. The psychopath had a 2 degree natal opposition between Venus in Aquarius and Pluto in Leo.

My client endured years of psychological torture and financial ruin, and was betrayed very much like Benita Alexander, whose Venus closely opposes Pluto, and Uranus. Benita’s Sun = Venus/Pluto, as does her Mars.

Paolo’s Neptune closely opposes Benita’s Sun Mars conjunction. His Saturn squares her Venus opposition to her Uranus Pluto conjunction.

Talk about Fate! (Not to mention the power of astrology)...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 02:44:54 PM by All Fire »
“Hidden rhythm, haven’t I always been your dancer?”  James Taylor, Migration

Offline pdw

Re: The (Psychopathic) World Renowned Surgeon and his victims
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 02:12:10 PM »
Interesting, All Fire, thanks for sharing.

Such a grandiose tale he concocted…looks like he has an early Sagittarius Moon squaring his Leo Sun, Virgo Mercury and Pluto, fitting a big personality and a convincing, exaggerating, or manipulating storyteller.

Extending the Neptune theme, check out T Neptune opposing his Mercury-Pluto and sextile her Sun-Mars (and perhaps Moon) when their relationship began in 2013. Makes me think of an opportunity for romance and deception (for him), love and gullibility (for her).

Offline All Fire

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:01:40 PM »
pdw,

Speaking of Neptune, one thing that surprised me was the absence of hard Neptune aspects in Benita’s natal chart, except for its conjunction with the South Node. Caveat: we don’t know the angles, and I haven’t done the midpoints yet. And who would’ve predicted, based on that transiting sextile from Neptune in her chart when they met, that he was a monster? Even given the tremendous deception involved, you need to see his Neptune opposite her Sun Mars conjunction to see it.

It looks to me so far like psychopathy’s signature is more Pluto than Neptune, which makes sense when you observe the total(itarian) control the psychopath exerts over the victims he or she plays on a long con, and the deliberate brutality and torture of many victims.
“Hidden rhythm, haven’t I always been your dancer?”  James Taylor, Migration

Offline pdw

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 05:35:54 AM »
Speaking of Neptune, one thing that surprised me was the absence of hard Neptune aspects in Benita’s natal chart, except for its conjunction with the South Node...And who would’ve predicted, based on that transiting sextile from Neptune in her chart when they met, that he was a monster? Even given the tremendous deception involved, you need to see his Neptune opposite her Sun Mars conjunction to see it.

Thinking on it, I’d call that her N Neptune-Node conjunction a hard aspect accentuating her N Neptune-Pisces Venus trine and potential for high sensitivity and vulnerability in relationships. She seems to have experienced both with Macchiarini, ideal love (fairytale) and also being fooled by him (nightmare). She admits she was vulnerable when they met and Macchiarini was very kind and supportive (her ex-husband was dying from brain cancer and Macchiarini was sympathetic, with good advice) – while she also says it was love at first sight (blinding her to reality?). So perhaps the Neptune timing at the start of their relationship (the Neptune transit and their Neptune synastry) brought her natal Neptune-relationship emphasis forward, so to speak, and an astrologer would have recommended a dose of caution, realism, and 'trust but verify'.   

It looks to me so far like psychopathy’s signature is more Pluto than Neptune, which makes sense when you observe the total(itarian) control the psychopath exerts over the victims he or she plays on a long con, and the deliberate brutality and torture of many victims.

Maybe so...and he certainly liked high risk and living on the edge (N Mars-Uranus square). When I get time I want to review an old psychopath thread with his chart in mind. You probably recall it but thought I’d post link here if anyone is interested.

http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=7717.0