Author Topic: Windows 11  (Read 919 times)

Offline Halina

Windows 11
« on: June 25, 2021, 06:19:49 AM »
       Has anyone downloaded the new version Windows 11 to their computer?    Have you found any glitches?    When windows
10 came out there were glitches that eventually were ironed out.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/windows-11-will-be-a-free-update-heres-how-youll-download-it-and-whether-youre-eligible/

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/15/22535123/microsoft-windows-11-leak-screenshots-start-menu
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:26:49 AM by Halina »

Offline Maz

Re: Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 02:10:59 PM »
I'm not a Windows user but from experience, I would always wait a couple of months before downloading a major upgrade.

Almost certainly, there are going to be updates and fixes and it takes a while for these to be finally ironed out. If I was thinking about going from 10 to 11, I would definitely wait for all the minor problems to be fixed.

From what I've heard though, Windows 11 is supposed to be very sleek.

Maz

Offline Robynne

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 05:15:25 PM »
Hi Halina,

No, am still running Windows 10, but thanks for the heads up. Seems 11 will be rolling out around November.

Maz,

Good advice, yes I always wait a few months because there are always glitches to a new platform, so after a few months they are usually ironed out.

Just reading up a bit, it will be strange having the start menu moved from the far left to the centre, will take some adjusting, I'm a creature of habit.

Cheers.   ;D
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Maz

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 03:53:43 AM »
There are some pirated versions of Windows 11 out (from China) and for some reason, when I see something like this, I always think malware and such.

Official is always good and so is patience.