Author Topic: President Biden and Afghanistan  (Read 1895 times)

Offline pdw

President Biden and Afghanistan
« on: August 16, 2021, 08:23:12 AM »
Hello Forum, share your thoughts on indicators in President Biden’s chart for the rapid, complete, and (apparently) unexpected takeover of Afghanistan by the Taliban – a shocking and potentially dangerous outcome of the U.S. withdrawal. 

The transiting buildup to President Biden’s natal Mars (13 Scorpio) looks both compelling and timely to me, with his Mars opposed by transiting Uranus (15 Taurus ) and squared by transiting Saturn (10 Aquarius). This creates significant transiting T-Square tension (Mars/T Uranus=T Saturn) in his chart and, potentially, a powerful, eventful release (Uranus) that will involve him personally and professionally (Mars, Saturn).

I suggest that the events we've seen in Afghanistan (the unexpected development/unintended consequences; aggressive surprise/destabilizing takeover; serious challenge/failed outcome) are generally referenced by the above T-Square in the president’s chart – which was triggered by the August 8 Full Moon (16 Leo) in the president’s 9th House, spotlighting foreign affairs and international leadership. 

This morning I saw both sides (Democrats and Republicans) criticize President Biden and his administration for poor intel, incompetent planning and execution of the withdrawal. Wouldn't want to be in the presidential hotseat right now...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:30:12 AM by pdw »

Offline James Williams

Re: President Biden and Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 09:20:27 AM »
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 06:30:23 AM »
Hi pdw, unfortunately for Biden and his supporters, he's about to go from the frying pan into the fire...

Currently, transiting Rahu (AKA North Node) and Ketu (AKA South Node) at 13 degrees are making an applying close (within 5 degrees) aspect to his MEP (Most Effective Point) of 10 degrees (Sidereal zodiac, lahiri ayanamsha), thereby affecting his 1st, 7th, 9th, and 11th Houses, especially.

This means that his (1st House) hopes and aspirations (11th House), and fortune/luck (9th House) with others/partnerships (7th House) are under increasingly severe unescapable tension.

This will continue throughout this autumn and winter, and even into next spring and early summer, for they then will be making a close aspect to natal Mercury in the 12th (loss), ruler of his 11th House of hopes and aspirations.

The last two weeks of this December could be especially troubling for him...

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline amymaddalozzo

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 06:44:56 AM »
I looked at his western chart and next year does not look too good either.  Transiting uranus will still be in orb next spring and later in  the year, transiting saturn squares natal mercury   and venus.  What about transiting pluto currently opposing natal jupiter in the 8th house?  is that negative or positive?  Thanks amy

Offline pdw

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 09:30:24 AM »
Thanks for weighing in, James and Amy.

I’ve been looking at the coming Full Moon... A FM can reflect an outward change, revelation, or rise in emotion related to activity started at the New Moon – and the August 22 Full Moon at 29 Aquarius, a critical degree, will activate President Biden’s natal Nodal axis (NN 29 Leo- SN 29 Aquarius) and his natal Chiron (29 Leo), his natal Venus (28 Scorpio), and transiting Jupiter (27 Aquarius) conjunct the FM and his SN in his 3rd House.

The president, from what I’ve seen, has had a defensive and somewhat unconcerned attitude regarding the crisis in Afghanistan.  I wonder if we might partially associate this with T Jupiter retrograding in detached, uber rational Aquarius at his SN…

I’m watching for big news, perhaps some kind of (Jupiter) disadvantage or escalation to surface with this FM in his 3rd House. Possibly an uncomfortable, unfavorable, painful development for the president?

Additionally, transiting Mercury and Mars will be nearing his Virgo MC, potentially suggesting a show of more forceful plans or necessary actions to improve the ‘chaos’ in Afghanistan and counteract the impression that he has been a weak, failed, or incompetent Commander in Chief (reflecting the image he might unknowingly project with transiting Neptune and his SP Moon tightly conjunct his IC and opposing MC). 

Offline Dean B

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 11:21:15 AM »
The US went into Afghanistan following the 911 attacks...Tr. Pluto was 315-degrees from the July 4, 1776 natal Pluto.

We are close to the US Pluto return and that mission is over...or is it?

I have argued that the Pluto cycle for the US reflects it's power trajectory.

From birth to Pluto opposition the US asserted its regional and domestic dominance.

From opposition to return the US asserted global dominance as a superpower.

With the return, once wonders if the cycle repeats?

Will the US choose or be forced by circumstances to retreat from global dominance and return to domestic concerns?

I find it interesting that Biden's inauguration chart has Pluto precisely on the MC and his first term of office coincides with the US Pluto return.

Regards,
Dean B.

Offline pdw

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 07:07:29 AM »
What about transiting pluto currently opposing natal jupiter in the 8th house?  is that negative or positive?  Thanks amy

Makes me think of his personal experience (Jupiter in Cancer) with authoritative power (Pluto in Capricorn) in a starring and ‘serving’ role (his natal 12th House Sun trines natal Jupiter and receives the sextile from T Pluto). In effect from February 2020 to October 2022, this combination spans his presidential pursuit and election; a big Pluto success. T Pluto in Capricorn, and an opposition, can also reflect responsibility to confront demanding circumstances, a crisis, or threatening opposition (enemy). Looks to me like that’s what President Biden is struggling with in Afghanistan. Perhaps T Saturn opposing his natal Jupiter reflects and emphasizes his current challenges.

Re: his Sun contacting (trine-sextile) natal Jupiter and transiting Pluto - Looking ahead, I’m watching how-if the November eclipse to his natal 27 Scorpio Sun influences his individual focus, presidential vitality and progress. It will be a lunar eclipse at 27 Taurus, in his 6th House, possibly ‘eclipsing out’ someone or something related to his daily productivity, established routine, and work environment. Will someone important leave the administration? Or, less visibility and activity due to a health issue (eclipsed Sun)?

Offline pdw

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 08:24:05 AM »
I find it interesting that Biden's inauguration chart has Pluto precisely on the MC and his first term of office coincides with the US Pluto return.

Regards,
Dean B.

Thanks for pointing out this powerful synastry, Dean.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 08:27:05 AM by pdw »

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 08:41:24 AM »
       Here is the Fall of Afghanistan event chart.