Author Topic: Prediction vs Perfect Hindsight  (Read 19971 times)

Offline Ken Haining

Prediction vs Perfect Hindsight
« on: January 04, 2023, 11:22:16 AM »
Hi All

While astrology cannot always predict exact events, it does have the potential to predict quite a lot in a person's life, or with larger entities, such as nations.  What I often find is that we astrologers get to be quite expert at saying why this or that happened in a person's life, but after it has happened.  We can see why someone had an accident, even a fatal accident.  However, the question remains that if we had been looking at the person's Natal Chart, with transits and other predictive factors, would we have predicted the accident?  And, is astrology enough of a tool that we could warn someone to "stay home" that day, and thus avoid the accident altogether?

As I have been mentioning for a few months, I am in horrific circumstances right now, and I have been trying to predict when I will get out, or go on to my next reincarnation, using my Natal Chart with the current transits.  A lot of different analysis has been offered on this message board, for which I am grateful.  What I am wondering is if there any way to predict when my situation would take a turn for the better, or whether I am hopelessly "lost at sea?"  Is there a time, that an astrologer could see, and say with a good degree of certainty, "I see you getting out of your difficult circumstances on or around this date."? 

I am curious if anyone wants to take a shot at it?  I have been trying to predict it myself, and I have some expectations, but I could be wrong.  Does anyone see a date, or approximate date, when they would expect things to get significantly better for me?  In the past I have had some amazing deliverances from similar circumstances, and I am hoping for a repeat of that kind of deliverance.  I have literally "lucked out," and thus I am still among the living.  So, can I expect that again, and if so, when?

My birth info is October 10,1952, Far Rockaway Queens, New York 12:02PM

I appreciate anyone who is willing to take the time to see if they can predict if, and when, I might have a change of fortune.  Thanks in advance for those who take a shot at it. 

Ken

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

Re: Prediction vs Perfect Hindsight
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 08:49:34 AM »
Re: "What I often find is that we astrologers get to be quite expert at saying why this or that happened in a person's life, but after it has happened.  We can see why someone had an accident, even a fatal accident."

This is a fundamentally important point, but it brings up certain logical concepts.

If we assume that "when something of note happens, there is appropriate astrological signature to basically explain it;" we have the equation:

Event = Astrology, (established as a Rule/Given).

However, we haven't established that when such and such astrology occurs a particular event will happen.  (that'll likely never be conclusively possible, without some level of additional info in order to judge how "whatever the exact circumstances are now" might progress in the future and what "unknown elements" might intercede.)

So we can't write the equation:

Astrology = Event. 

That being said... certain planetary factors suggest certain types of developments.  Various Houses give their suggestions of arena.  As Noel expressed, as perhaps one of his biggest if not biggest points, that for astrology to be most effective, it needs to be as much of a dialog as possible.  When the suggestions of the main symbols are applied to the actual circumstances of life, one can often get an idea of what is going to happen, in a more generalized sense.  The "wonder" element of predicting events is most possible when we know a particular date that something might happen, then we have a good track record of judging how that might go down. 

However, with a whole time period in mind, where likely several events (of various symbolism would likely occur)?  A few basic symbols, to encompass all of life's possibilities?   I think we'd be asking too much of the available symbols. 

I think even more important than WHAT is going to happen (whatever that may be) is WHY is whatever that is going to happen NECESSARY?   ie. what is the developmental thrust behind it? 

If I give you a chart of someone and a time period and ask, "What's going to happen?"  (puts imaginary weapon to your head, and asks again) "What's going to happen?" how detailed of an answer would/could one give?   

The closer we remain at the base meaning of the symbols, the more likely we are to be right.  With every development of detail, we introduce a potential degree of error in our judgement. 

Consider the following...  we have Uranus moving over a debilitated Mars in the 3rd.  (and nothing else, lol)

1) Erratic use of energy and personal will causes a problem.

2) Impatience leads to an accident. 

3) Auto accident with injury.

4) A bus full of rubber-nosed Shriner clowns don't see you in time as you blow through a light, and they t-bone your '67 Mustang.  You have a broken femur and neither have insurance. 

The further we go from 1 to 4, (assuming any of it is right, since there are always mitigating factors!), the more likely we are to be putting our feet in our collective mouths. 

A few months back, you (Ken) posted asking basically the "might this be when I die?" question.  We can be sure that when you die, there will be "ominous astrology" that supports the event.  The "problem" (which in this instance we can be greatful for) is that every time there is "ominous astrology," it doesn't mean that you would die.  Often, our problem relates to judging the LEVEL of what is going to happen and then we have the million shades of gray of WHEN exactly something would transpire.  (again, the law of diminishing returns...the more specifically defined the time is, other than using the (normal, logical) overlap method, the more we might be (mistakenly) highlighting a specific time) 

Since you're looking for some defined time for a change of fortune, if there are many takers to your challenge, I think you'll have almost as many answers, even though we're all using "astrology."

http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 09:32:17 AM »
Hi OD'd

Thanks for responding.

There are reasons why I am a bit sketchy about the specifics of my circumstances.  When I left that religious group in 1994, I became "an enemy of the state."  Due to the leader's policy of treating ex members as enemies, it was considered good and righteous to inflict ex members any way possible.  It was even encouraged to spread lies about ex members, and this was seen as "righteous."  To give an example from my own experience, I got a job at a music store, and was looking at moving into the guitar department, which would have been a great job for me.  I had introduced this store and its owner to the church organization and many of the top guys in the religious hierarchy were buying their equipment from him, as they all ran "music scenes," and bought a lot of stuff.  When they found out that I was working there, they threatened the owner to discontinue doing business with him unless he fired me.  So he did, even though I was the one who had originally brought him all that business.  I desperately needed the job at the time, and so it was quite a setback. 

I probably don't have much to worry about now with these guys looking for me on the internet, as I have been gone from them for almost 30 years.  However, for many years, I exposed them on some online message boards.  They run a pretty corrupt organization based on a money pyramid, and I was very good at exposing their mode of operation.  I am therefore particularly despised by the leaders.  Most serious members of those churches last between 3 to 15 years, and so they were always getting new members.  It was a burn them out, use them up, kind of thing.  They got enormous amounts of money out of people who eventually left, completely disillusioned. 

I don't want to get much more into them, but they might still do name searches on me from time to time.  They would see my current difficult circumstances as the judgment of God against me, etc.  So, when I am in circumstances such as I am now, I remain somewhat vague as I don't want the info available on the internet in general. 

Generally speaking, I am in a very difficult situation with basic finances and also with problems with my eyes.  When I looked at my chart about 15 years ago, and considered the transits of this time, I thought that I might encounter such financial difficulty, and health problems, that it would be life threatening.  I wasn't even using Chiron back then, and now that I am, it seems even worse than I thought.  All of what I am going through relates back to my involvement with that weird religious group, and the "poor structure" of my career as a result, which one of the attributes that Grant Lewi ascribed to a combination of aspects on my chart. 

So, the simple question is when I might regain at least basic financial stability, or even do well.  Once I get to a stable place, then I can address the problems with my eyes. 

I did let one astrologer who posts here know the details on a private email.  She gave me a nice reply.   However, I am still looking for a possible "turn around" date, or approximate date. 

I could email you as well, if you give me an address.  I think my ability to message others on this message board is still disabled from years ago, or I would use that. 

Thanks for responding.  Any insight you can give as to a timeline of when I might get out of this situation I am in would be of interest to me. 

Ken

Offline Halina

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 09:13:11 AM »
       From Oct 10, 2022 to Oct 10, 2025 you are in Node period.   Node is in your 2nd House of money.
Node = the midpoint Venus/Jupiter, both benefics.   Venus is on the cusp of your 11th House, friends,
associations and Jupiter rules your first House.   Node also = Pluto, other people's money, is in 8th.
Node symbolizes, groups, associations, charitable organizations.

https://i.postimg.cc/XYwnKLx7/Ken-Haining-Biwheel.jpg

Transits currently are echoing this theme.   Trans Sun is sextiling natal Venus on 11th cusp;
trans Uranus, ruler 2, money is conj natal Jupiter, ruler Asc;  trans Venus is moving into your
2nd House of money.
SUMMARY:   you should be getting by during the above period with the help of charitable
     organizations, friends, etc.  Let us know if the above is coming to fruition.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:31:48 AM by Halina »

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 10:33:57 AM »
Hi Halina

Thanks so much for responding.

In addition to astrology, my son and I use the I Ching extensively.  The indications are that we will, at one point, get some kind of help to launch us out of our current situation.  So, it matches up with what you are saying as well. 

What I am trying to perfect is the timing.  I am looking for a given point in time when the situation will be resolved and reversed.  My son and I have come up with several possibilities. 

I will definitely let you know if and when I get the "help of friends," or of "friendly" circumstances. 

I find your analysis of the Firdaria Cycle to be quite interesting. 

Thanks for taking the time and thought to reply.

Ken

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 04:06:41 AM »
If we're looking at Lunar Return to Sun charts ;) one that stands out is the month beginning Apr 6th. 

Pluto and Uranus are angular in the Return, suggesting some revolution.  Here, it looks like some personal tranformative circumstance or push from the outside connects to excitement and changes on the home front.  I'm not sure if this would be wholly positive, since Ken also has the Topocentric Primary Directions Mars semisquare 5th and 8th semisquare Moon active at this time, but it is as Ken's Moon inconjunct Saturn (Feb 8th) is releasing. 

In the Lunar Return to Sun, it is to note that Sun and Jupiter line up in the LR opposite LR Moon as the LR IC is aligned with Ken's Jupiter-Venus opposition. (his proclivity to see the grass greener somewhere else, and symbolically, potentially an increase (Jup) in luxury (Ven))  In the LR, Mars is exactly on the 6th, action needed in routine?  Problem in the work environment?  Health issue? 

At any rate, this one stood out as looking like when you might relocate or have some major transformative change, so we will see what happens around that time.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 05:26:41 AM by ODdOnLifeItself »
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 08:44:52 AM »
Hi OD'd

Thanks for that analysis.  It seems you are using the Solar to Lunar Return and Lunar to Solar Return charts quite a bit these days.  Has that become your preferred predictive method?

As transiting Saturn goes through late Aquarius, and it is now trine my Neptune-MC, it moves to trine my Natal Mercury, and at the same time, sextile my Mars-Ascendant.  Although currently Transiting Saturn is opposite my Natal Pluto, my experience has been when a planet moves to that later position in Aquarius, from 26 degrees to 29 degrees, that I tend to get some kind of break or deliverance.  That takes place in February, 2023 from about the 3rd through the end of the month and early March. 

My situation is so difficult that it is hard for me to avoid trying to find some deliverance sooner when I am looking at my chart.  However, my experience is that as Saturn is moving through late Aquarius, any other number of factors may trigger at least the beginning of what this transit will ultimately do for me.  I am just trying to hang on until "the weather changes."  Neptune is still on a YOD point on my Natal Chart, and the "lost at sea" factor is also in the mix.  The God of the Sea might give me a favorable current, and carry me back to civilization, or it might put me in a fatal storm.  As PDW mentioned on my other discussion, with Neptune it is hard to tell which way it will go.  On the other hand, since I have Neptune on the Midheaven Natally, I might get some favor from the God of the Sea.  Down the road a ways I will have to deal with Transiting Neptune squaring my Mars-Ascendant, but right now I am hoping for some favorable conditions.

Thanks again for that unique analysis using those return charts.

Ken

Offline Halina

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 09:22:08 AM »
Hi Ken,  you use the word "deliverance" quite often.   Deliverance sets you free from spiritual bondage and barriers that hold you back from walking in the victory that Jesus won for us on the cross of Calvary.  It rescues you from affliction and bondage.  It grants you total freedom from oppression, affliction, depression, and manipulation from the enemy.
       There is no Arabic Part of Deliverance, but there are these Arabic Parts....Sudden Luck,
Sudden Chance, and Sudden Advancement.   Mark Feb 16, 2023 on your calendar.
Trans Saturn exact conjunction to trans Sun at 27 Aquarius and numerous aspects to the
3 Arabic Parts on that date up until March.   Dates you say that + events usuall happen to you.
Trans Saturn, rules your 1st of Self while trans Sun rules your 8th of transformation/deliverance.

https://i.postimg.cc/1tGdC3MD/Haining-Sudden-Advancement.jpg
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 11:28:13 AM by Halina »

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2023, 12:25:19 PM »
Hi Halina

Deliverance is one of the hexagrams of the I Ching that represents the relief of tensions represented by a thunderstorm.  It is a time that comes of its own accord, and not something that you can make happen.  That hexagram has come up a few times when my son and I have inquired of the I Ching concerning our current circumstances. 

The religious group that I was in considered astrology to be demonic divination and witchcraft, and the idea that someone who practiced astrology would also profess faith in Jesus Christ was abhorrent to them.  Many Christian groups consider astrology to be "of the Devil," etc.  One Calvary Chapel preacher, who I met in Albuquerque, said he would rather have a chicken prophesy over him than listen to an astrologer.  After my experiences with Christians, and after reading church history, I have become skeptical of all of these "Holy Scriptures."  I think the ancient laws, which are reflected in the Law of Moses, have a lot of good building blocks for civilization, and are the expression of true morality.  However, I am not sure of any particular Deity or Deities who, if they exist, choose to remain invisible. 

Astrology convinces me that there is order to the Universe and that we are more than just biological accidents.  I believe in what is called Karma and in reincarnation. 

You have my chart set up in San Antonio, and I suppose that is a location chart?  I was born in Far Rockaway, Queens, New York. 

I am interested in Arabic Parts and so I will watch with interest the ones that you mentioned.  Another Part that I am looking at is the Part of Realization of Needs and Desires, which on my chart is 29 degrees 50 minutes Capricorn, and Transiting Pluto will be coming to that point around that same time you mentioned.   The formula on that one is ASC + Mercury - Fortune.  When Saturn hit that a while back I had a significant break.  So, I am hoping that when Pluto hits that point I will also have "deliverance." 

Thanks for that interesting analysis and that date.

Ken

Offline Dean B

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2023, 09:30:44 PM »
Dear Ken:

With Tr. Saturn in 2 exactly opposite Pluto in 8 it is no wonder you are experiencing financial fears at this time!

With Aquarius on your 2nd being ruled by both Saturn and Uranus in square aspect to each other, finances have most likely been an enduring source of stress and anxiety as your ability to earn money has probably been inconsistent or worse.

It is interesting to see Venus (in Scorpio, ruling 5) opposite Jupiter (in Taurus, in 5) T-squared by Pluto in 8.

This reads to me like an “investor” signature…someone who is interested in the stock market and the nexus of money and power.

With Tr. Uranus beginning to hit this configuration I am wondering if in the last little while you suffered a shock to your financial expectations surrounding investments, pensions, savings, insurance, trusts.

Note, that beginning in late March 2023, Tr. Jupiter (in Aries) hits your Saturn-Uranus square, ruling the 2nd. Your Sun-Moon square, which rule the eyes, also absorb this transit. This may point to money help.

Jupiter-Neptune transits often signal good luck and yours hits exactly during the second week of April.

Then, Jupiter opposes your Mercury (r. 9) in mid-May…good news, a positive mindset.

Further down the line, on April 21, 2024, Tr. Jupiter-Uranus meet up at 22-Taurus. This is a breakthrough transit, especially in regards to financial matters in the collective…and, for you Ken, even more so, since it falls right on your fixed financial T-square.

Be not afraid!

Dean
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:33:23 PM by Dean B »

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 08:33:06 AM »
Hi Dean

Thanks for that thorough analysis.

I financially ruined myself by joining and being a part of the religious group I have mentioned, for almost 20 years.  When I left that group it left me broke and in debt, and there were many other problems that took place in relation to that departure.  I officially broke off in April of 1994, and that is when Uranus and Neptune were during their rare conjunction in late Capricorn.  I got out of the "religion business" in August of 1995, and then I bounced around to different types of employment, including some sales jobs.  In November of 1999, I had a near fatal accident in which I passed out from taking too much medication for a migraine headache, hit my head, and suffered a brain bleed.  I woke up in ICU the next day.  My then 13 year old daughter ran away that night and was drugged and sexually assaulted.  In January of 2001 I was divorced.  I learned clean room technology on a new job, but that was sent to China.  I had a couple of good years at AOL, back when they were a real company, but eventually moved to Colorado in 2004. 

My life seems to have been a rollercoaster.  I have had some brief periods of relative prosperity, but mostly I have struggled with getting and keeping financial stability. 

This last "shock" to my financial situation is simply related to my having enough money to even live on.  I have no investments, no savings, no "portfolio."  With my religious career ending in 1995, and the divorce, I have mostly struggled to keep my head above water.  My son has also greatly struggled and he is currently with me in the current struggle. 

I will consider your observations of upcoming transits.  Thanks for taking the time to look at all of that.

Ken

Offline Dean B

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 02:34:37 PM »
Hello Ken:

You should write a book about your experiences. It sure does fascinate me.

And I feel a deep empathy for the losses you have experienced and continue to struggle with.

Regards,
Dean

Offline pdw

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 05:52:07 AM »
Hello Ken:

You should write a book about your experiences. It sure does fascinate me.

Regards,
Dean

What an inspired idea, Dean...I second that! And I immediately thought about transiting Pluto squaring Ken's Libra Mercury as possible support for such a project (writing about/sharing personal experience and perspective with others).

Ken, could be therapeutic/healing and purposeful for you, as well as valuable to others. I agree with Dean that the themes in your life might engage/interest/fascinate a wider audience.

And based on your Forum participation I feel like you have a natural interest in and knack for writing, potentially a good fit for an author. ;)   

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 10:29:52 AM »
Hi PDW

Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. 

For many years I wrote on message boards which exposed that religious group that I came out of, and it was read by a host of other ex members.  They frequently encouraged me to write a book.

In fact, I have had two books in my head for the last 25+ years, but stupidly did not make the time to write them.  Perhaps I still will, as you have encouraged me to do so.  That is, if I can survive my current trial, get stability, and the whole country and/or world doesn't blow up. 

After I write those books, if civilization survives, and I live long enough, I would like to write some astrology books with my son, who has come up with some brilliant astrology.  Mostly it would be his ideas and my writing.  He has determined, by his own studies of astrology that he is not a writer, per se, and so we might do a joint venture on it if we get the opportunity. 

Right now I am just trying to stay afloat and hope the God of the Sea, with Transiting Neptune on a YOD point, and Transiting Saturn trine my Midheaven-Neptune, send some relief from the current situation. 

Thanks again, PDW and Dean, for the encouragement. 

Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2023, 10:38:32 AM »
Hi All

Well, it is 2 weeks until I reach February 16, 2023, which is the date that Halina noted, amongst other factors, the Arabic Parts of Sudden Luck, Sudden Chance, and Sudden Advancement being activated on my chart.

https://i.postimg.cc/1tGdC3MD/Haining-Sudden-Advancement.jpg 

I am hanging on in my difficult circumstances, and examining any and all astrological factors that I can look at.  Right now, Transiting Pluto is exactly square my Natal Mercury, and on he cusp of my 2nd House.  Saturn is moving along to eventually trine my Natal Mercury and sextile my Natal Mars-Ascendant.  This will be happening on the date Halina specified as Transiting Saturn will be well within orb of trining my Natal Mercury and sextiling my Natal Mars-Ascendant.  Will Saturn rescue me from Pluto?

I have to say that squares from Transiting Pluto and Transiting Neptune to Natal planets on the chart can be the most difficult of all.  And they last so long! 

I am still curious about an Arabic Part, the Part of Realization of Needs and Desires, which I have at 29 degrees 55 minutes Capricorn, and what will happen when Transiting Pluto hits that part.  I got quite a break when Saturn hit that point a couple of years ago or so.  Saturn was giving me a rough time in late Capricorn, as Pluto is doing now, but when it hit very late Capricorn, just before it went into Aquarius, I got a major financial break.  At least for me it was major.  I am hoping for the same effect with Pluto. 

The key is to survive in the meantime.  As you can tell, I am still here.  Since Neptune hit a YOD point, and stationed there, on my chart a few weeks ago, I have had an almost "lost at sea" feeling, and of being at the mercy of the currents.  But, you never know when you might hit a good current and fair weather. 

I marvel at this existence, and such things as astrology, that let us know that there is order to the Universe, and purpose to this life. 

Ken