Author Topic: How Common?  (Read 5528 times)

Lura

How Common?
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:09:54 AM »
is it for the Father, and the Son to share the same degree Ascendant?

thanks

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: How Common?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
I don't know but I've seen siblings with the same degree rising, and I've married couples with the same phenomenon.  My one-time mother-in-law shared a rising degree with one of her sisters and her own first husband.

Any really close conjunction (or opposition) between two horoscopes is a karmic point and should be used to reference the development of the relationship.

DB
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:45:15 PM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
I don't know how common it is but in my case, my father's Ascendant is 28 Scorpio, mine 28 Taurus. His Node Node 7 Pisces, mine 7 Virgo. Exact opposites.

On another note, in the draconic chart, my father, brother and I have our Draconic Ascendant degrees at 20, 21, and 22 Sagittarius...all in a row! Very curious stuff!

Lauren Delsack

Lura

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
Thank you both.

I did a double take this morning, in looking at Rossellini and his son.  Vocationally, Roberto's father was into cinema, but I think his son is into real estate.  I hope this is not my error.

I do see the opp. Ascendant signatures with our two children as parents. 

Lura

Re: How Common?/Don
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:42:02 AM »
Don,

Refreshing with Neptune going direct, I read Eileen Nauman mention one "Do your karmic responsibility now."  not quite sure what that means, but I am intrigued about your comment as it relates to relationships.  Could you add more?

also, since Neptune rules immunes, rod/cones in eyes, clairvoyance, dreaming (esp. pre-cog ones), she says it is a time of feeding the adrenals? not quite sure what that means either.

Offline Ruth

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »
Hi Lura,

I don't know how common it is, but two of my sons have the same rising sign within one degree, which I think is amazing.  I would imagine that it is quite rare for the father and son to have same degree rising!  Perhaps there have been some studies done in this area.

Ruth   :)

Lura

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:15:14 AM »
Thanks Ruth,

Close rising brothers.  I wish I knew the ascendants of all my siblings.  I guess I could.

What surprised me about this film director, is that he was off in the mountains filming 'Flowers of St. Francis' and rushed in to witness the birth of his son just in time.  Then, because Ingrid was married to another man at the time, Roberto had to register himself as the father and they put the mother down "whose identity will be revealed later." (p.266, Bergman)

It was a race in time, to get quickly divorced, remarried, logistics for this birth.  And, they BOTH (males) share the Ascendant, with Ingrid's Venus-Sun in conjunction.  Whew! what a debut.

Both Father & Sun's Ascendant, if I remember right, are also opp. both POF?  If so, Father's luck was really surreal, in meeting Ingrid and the debut of his 'Open City' in USA.  I wonder about Son's luck? how is it different, how is it the same?

hope both your boys are doing well.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:52:40 AM »
Lura,

When two charts are compared, some of the contacts between them will be more meaningful than others.  The karmic points are the meaningful ones.  When asked to supply a date/time for a wedding, for instance, I will suggest a time that puts the Sun, Moon, or ascendant conjunct the karmic point, unless the karmic point involves Saturn or some other "heavy" planets.

DB
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Lura

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
Dear God,  if I had a teacher like you in school, I would have been further ahead. 

Your Pluto is the same as Robertino's conjunct my Vertex.  You have been probably the most transformative influence in my life, way back to our post here eons ago, in regards to spiritual abuse/healing.  Only recently, have I been able to put the pieces together.  Robertino's Pluto-Moon conjunction is also conjunct his Dad's Node from 12th.

Both Dad & Son share same Vertex trine MH.  But Father has Lilith-Urania conjunct MH.

Before I start questioning my own paternity...

my Grandparents were married on the same day I fell in love.  hmmm

Offline stargazer

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »
Lura,

I am not sure but Ivé heard of "The Moon's Nodding' connection to Grandchildren but cannot find any material to give me the correct information.

Not sure but I believe a Grandchild can be born with the G/Mothers Moon Sign and Degree on the Ascendant. Thus "The Moons Nods'.....???   ;)

stargazer.

Offline star

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 01:57:35 AM »
<G/Mothers Moon Sign and Degree on the Ascendant>

Is there any corroboration for this?  I know of someone whose grandchild's Asc is 3 degrees away from theirs, and the Moon is in the grandparent's Sun sign. Apart from that instance I know of several with the same sign for one person's Sun and the other's Moon, and others with none of these links.

Anyone have some info on this?

Lura

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 03:17:58 AM »
Star and Stargazer,

Grandmothers, Moons, Nods, I once read that the difference with women, is that they don't give up their children easily.  The Moon's fixed nod?

There are so many in my family, but there's this one, born with a Piscean Moon, like her Grandmother.  From birth, there was something about this child.  As she grew, she was as if she was self-hypnotized at times.  She insisted in her actions to be a free spirit, and in her eyes, I could see my Mother's.  I'll see if I can remember anything about her birth.

At my mother's 50th Anniversary, she came, at 4 yrs old, in this wrinkly blue fairy godmother dress, complete with crown, she begged to purchase at a garage sale that day, and we just let her in the photo, as is.

'course, what I mean, personally with my Grandmother's Anniversary date, was something different.  I think Grandparents have a special bond with these kids!

Offline Ray Murphy

• Nukkin.com.au
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 02:33:34 AM »
Lura,

I am not sure but I've heard of "The Moon's Nodding' connection to Grandchildren but cannot find any material to give me the correct information.

Not sure but I believe a Grandchild can be born with the G/Mothers Moon Sign and Degree on the Ascendant. Thus "The Moons Nods'.....???   ;)

stargazer.

This is my first message on this forum.

There isn't much research information available for family synastry, but I've had a look at many things
during the last few years.

Here's one, where I looked at the moon degrees of 3389 children to see how they connected to
ANYTHING in their maternal grandmothers charts. As it turned out they had their Moon conjunct their
grandmother's Mars at 120% of the mean theoretical rate when an orb of 9 degrees was used, which
was more impressive than about 100+ other factors I checked - mostly planets and all their midpoints.

The graph at the link below needs explaining. I call it a "mirrored and equalized" graph because
the top and bottom halves are mirror images of each other to put all of the aspects into a perspective
that astrologers will feel comfortable with.

The conjunction and opposition aspect scores are always doubled to allow the viewer to see the
relative strength of those aspects, which would otherwise be always only about half as prominent due
to there being only one of each, instead of 2, like all the other aspects.

I'm not putting this forward as any sort of discovery, but it certainly makes a good baseline for future
work.

http://tinyurl.com/yadehpm

Ray
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:36:09 AM by Ray Murphy »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »
is it for the Father, and the Son to share the same degree Ascendant?

thanks
[/quote

Hi Lura,

Did you check out the "family traits" thread --it's related (no pun intended ;)).

I am very interested in family synastry and have documented many same signs and degrees between charts. For example, my dad and brother-in-law have their Mars exactly on my Ascendant; my Nodal axis lies on my sibling's Asc.-Desc. axis; my grandfather's Nodes are right on my Sun, and so on --too many to name here. And I'm only talking about exact hits between natal charts, not even Duads or Draconic! It's fascinating how and why we have come together. Alice McDermott refers to it as "genetic code" I believe.

Erin Sullivan has written a book entitled The Astrology of Family Dynamics" for anyone interested.

Stacy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:21:45 AM by Stacy »
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Ray Murphy

• Nukkin.com.au
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:31 AM »
I don't know how common it is but in my case, my father's Ascendant is 28 Scorpio, mine 28 Taurus. His Node Node 7 Pisces, mine 7 Virgo. Exact opposites.

On another note, in the draconic chart, my father, brother and I have our Draconic Ascendant degrees at 20, 21, and 22 Sagittarius...all in a row! Very curious stuff!

Lauren Delsack

I'm in the enviable position of having seen how common many of these things are in batches of data - some of them quite large. This came about because I was also intrigued by the obvious connections between astro-factors in family groups that seemed to defy the odds, so I wrote programs over a period of several years to harvest, sort and filter data and process it, to find out what was there.

The simple answer is that in large batches of family data, nearly all factors occur within the range of chance, and the more data we use, the closer we get to the chance levels, but (so far) there is still a small percentage of factors that look as if they might hold up. Even if they don't, they may still provide the best clues for eventually demonstrating strong connections is family pockets that may only last a few decades or a century.

Unfortunately there is rarely enough data available for any given family to get a good handle on the trends that exist, so it will pay to start using genealogy programs to provide us with larger parts of family trees to see where trends start and fizzle out. It should be interesting to see on wall maps - little 'rivers' of colour in family trees that point to (say) a VEN-SAT theme in a maternal line starting from a great, great, great grandmother. Obviously we wouldn't be able to gather much information about extended family members, but at least we can get their birth dates - which is all we need for doing a lot of the work.

Ray

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:19:52 AM by Ray Murphy »