Author Topic: Time thPresident Obama just signed an Executive Order to close Guantanamo Bay  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Colleen

Hi all!

I am trying to find the exact time that President Obama signed the order to close Guantanamo Bay. I went to youtube and pasted the above line into their search engine. It came back saying that "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation. What does that mean? Is Obama trying to control the information and how it is used or presented to us?

So I did another search and found that a New York Times Reporter, from Washington wrote an article about his signing this order. The Reporters name is Mark Mazzetti. I found that there is one listing in "Facebook". I was hoping that I could send him an email asking him if he remembers the time the order was signed. However I am "under orders from my son" who pays the bill, not to log onto Face Book because of all the problems that they are having. Since he is a computer geek and his responsibile for 1000 computers at the college that he works at, I have to respect his wishes. After all, he is the one that has to fix my mistakes when I make them on my computer.

Now I did find one news article that was sent out on Jan 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM and it was reporting that the President had signed the exucutive order closing Guantanamo Bay. So It has to be before that time.

So if anyone belongs to Face Book, see if you can send the N.Y.Times reporter  Mark Mazzetti an email and ask if he can tell us.

Thank you!
Colleen Walsh