Author Topic: Lauren D---Draconic Question/Your Name Asteroid  (Read 8323 times)

Offline Halina

Lauren D---Draconic Question/Your Name Asteroid
« on: November 23, 2008, 01:34:18 PM »
Hi Lauren, Reverend Pamela Crane in her book, "The Draconic Chart", on page 97 states:  "...what I have observed for years now---that if the personal name Asteroid is in the area of the Ascendant at all, it is either on it, extremely close---or right opposite on the Descendant.  The double angularity of the name Asteroid in the bi-wheel is confirmation enough for me...."
   So Lauren or anyone on the forum could you check your name asteroid e.g. "Lauren" and see if it falls either on the tropical Asc/Desc or on the Draconic charts Asc/Desc.  This would be a remarkable find if it is true in a suitable number of charts.  It would also be a good rectification tool or a way to verify the accuracy of your own chart.

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
Re: Lauren D---Draconic Question/Your Name Asteroid
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »
Hi Halina,

Where can someone check their name Asteroid online? I've never located mine but I'd be curious.

Thanks,
Lauren Delsack

Offline Kay Kaldron

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:51:43 AM »
On astro.com there's a listing of asteroids and you may be able to find your name there. I haven't explored the asteroids much, but on the basis of this post I did go to the site and plugged in the asteroid for my first name in two charts: one based on my birth certificate and another "experimental" one I've been working with based on an earlier birth time that seems to resonate more for me in some ways. The asteroid for my name is EXACTLY conjunct the ascendant of the second chart! Interesting synchronicity, thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:31:48 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion at astro.com. Unfortunately no asteroid "Lauren" listed there. Searching google as well...'no results' for my name asteroid. Oh well...so be it.

Lauren Delsack

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »
Hi Lauren,  I have 2 asteroids which apply to your name, i.e. Laura and Laurentia.  I would need your birthdata which you can e-mail for privacy or post here.  This would give you their position at your birth which you can check their position in your natal chart or Draconic Chart's Asc/Desc.
     Sometime when I open this site it doesn't always give me a "Reply" bar to your posts.  What do I press on this site to always get the "Reply" tab???                            Halina

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 03:35:31 PM »
Maybe we should also check other angles and house cusps.  My name asteroid is on my draconic Uranus-Vertex.

Alice McDermott

Stacy

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 04:03:01 PM »
To All:

Astrodienst.com has an option, when creating a chart, for extras --like asteroid names.

Stacy

Offline Halina

Three Asteroids On Ascendant!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
Lauren has the asteroids "Laura", "Lauralee" and "Laurel School" rising just above her Ascendant!!!!

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
Re: Three Asteroids On Ascendant!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 04:10:08 AM »
Hi Halina,

Thanks for checking this. These three asteroids are located between 11 to 13 Taurus...and my natal Ascendant is at 28 Taurus. Funny, because as I mentionned in a private email, I have been mistakenly called "Laura" AND "Laurel" since a young age which always irritated me!

This led me to think that there are many people named 'Laura' and 'Laurel' in the world that don't have a Taurus Ascendant. 

Again thanks for taking the time to check,
Lauren Delsack 

Lauren has the asteroids "Laura", "Lauralee" and "Laurel School" rising just above her Ascendant!!!!

Offline Stephen

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 09:24:17 AM »
Fascinating!  However, many astronomers have been named "Steve" and there seems to be a zillion objects with the name "stevesomething" where something is a proper last name!  There is however an object named "Stephania" and since I have always used the "ph" spelling I chose this one.  Turns out to be 15° prior to my Descendant.  Close!!   ;)
Stephen
Trinity Astrology

Offline Trish488

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 10:59:13 AM »
My personal name asterioid "Patricia"  at 27 Taurus 03- closest to Tricia exactly conjuncts my IC (4th house cusp - to the minute) at 27 Taurus 03.

I definitely believe there is something to personal name asteriods.  My Mother's name (in my natal chart) is in partile Opposition to my Moon and MY Father (and stepfather - they have the same first name) personal name asteroid conjoins (partile) my Midheaven.

zilch

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 12:06:39 PM »
My first name opposite my Moon
My surname less than 1/2 a minute from the ASC
A combination of my first name and surname 1 degree from my Sun
My middle name conjunct MC
The name I would have been called if my grandmother had not disliked it, conjunct ASC

on my ordinary natal chart

MelissaK

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
Goodness.
I'm not good at calculations!!

First name, Melissa, I used Melislinger:, 12th house, square Mars and Mercury, opp Chiron.

Middle name, Evangeline, I used Eva, Retrograde(?), Trine Sun.

Last, Keyes, I used Keyaki, Square Sun, Square Moon, Opposition Ascendant.

Sheesh, my chart looks like a stupid table, all oppositions and squares.