Author Topic: Relationships and Dreams  (Read 3548 times)

Offline ~waxy~

Relationships and Dreams
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:20 AM »
A friend of mine began an interesting conversation yesterday about dreams; claiming he rarely remembers his dreams at all but throughout on of his relationships (which lasted 2 years) he dreamed much more vividly and memorably.

He's had a few long term relationships and this is the only one that had this effect he says.  I find it unusual to have little dream recall as the norm and wondered whether synastry would point to an activated 12 House.

On the contrary his (ex) partner has Mars in his 7th House, loosely conjunct his 6th House (conjunct DSC) Cancer Moon (which rules 7th House).  She also has Pluto square his Moon but this is also a natal aspect.

His 12th House is ruled by Jupiter which is the first - as is closely squared by her tight Jupiter-Saturn opposition.

I wondered; have any of you studied, or considered the effect of personal relationship on dreams?

Offline pdw

Re: Relationships and Dreams
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
When the dreamer is ready the memory will come... I'd be curious about significant outer planet transits in his chart during those two years. 

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »
Waxy:

I think there is something to it, myself.  Dreaming does seem to be a 12th house activity, but it seems linked to the 9th house as well, just because it is opposite the 3rd and holds so many communal thought processes, like symbolism in our religions and rites of passage, etc.

Anybody that we are near to physically can affect us with their energy, even if it's just someone that we work with all day.  Where do their planets fall in our charts?  If someone has a stellium that falls in our first house, we can feel very honored by that person.  In the 12th we can feel as if our subconscious is opened up, particularly if it is their Sun or Moon.  This person you know who experienced an opening of his subconscious perhaps only needed the ruler of the 12th to be triggered.  Study that.  He may also have been experiencing a transit or solar arc that related to it as well, so that two things or more were going on.

There was a time in my life when I attracted only men with Scorpio Moons.  Scorpio is my 12th cusp (also my ASC).  At the time I did have many dreams about past lives and such and I felt as if I was always under water, swimming in a deep ocean.  Anymore if I am around someone for too long who has too much Scorpio in them, I cannot take the suffocating feeling I get…no offense to them.  Since I am mostly Libra I need lots of air.  12th house is sort of watery anyway.  I've done my time there and only go for short visits now.

So, sure, if you want to dream, hang around someone with planets in your 12th.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
I have found that people will often seek others in relationship that fill their voids.  I have only Neptune in an air sign, but I was involved for 26-1/2 years with a woman who had 5 planets in air signs.  My mother had nothing in earth signs--in fact I've known several people like that--and my father had 3 planets in earth signs.  Conversely, he had nothing in fixed signs, but my mother had 4 planets and the ascendant in fixed signs.

:Don
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:18:25 PM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline ~waxy~

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 04:58:11 AM »
Hi Barbara,

I like your thoughts, thanks and I’ve looked up the dates he began the relationship and corresponding transits, which do seem meaningful.  He began seeing her after Jupiter (12th House ruler) in transit re-entered his 12 House (after a brief sojourn months earlier).  This certainly adds up and, like I said, although this ex-partner has no planets which fall in his 12th House, her Natal Jupiter-Saturn opposition closely squares his Jupiter and 12th House ruler.

Pluto was also transiting his 12th House but had been for 5 years by that point, it is only now coming close to a conjunction with his Ascendant, which could be one of the reasons I’m having this conversation with you now!  Ultimately the Pluto transit form part of the ‘bigger picture’ of his psychological development and Jupiter seems to have been more of a trigger.

Solar Arc-wise the only exact at the time was SA Jupiter (again!) square Neptune!  Interestingly SA Pluto was also forming a semi-sextile to Neptune (he has a tight Jupiter-Pluto trine natally).

I had a 3 year relationship with somebody who had Libra Sun in my 12th House.  It was a beneficial journey, full of psychological exploration, astrology, breaking old patterns (his Sun conjunct my Pluto, his Mercury-Pluto conjunct my Ascendant).  It was literally a journey though, which came to a natural end once we learned what we needed to and it was during my Saturn Return too. 

The second time I had a relationship with somebody who had Libra Sun in my 12th House was far less fruitful and incredibly draining; which was down to his energy and choices in life; however I think the reason I didn’t perceive this in advance (or clearly at the time!) was down to the 12th House intangibility. 

So I’ve reached a similar conclusion to you Barbara; that I probably won’t choose that for myself again, but I also wouldn’t have learned what I have had I not.  I do believe there is a certain amount of ‘fate’ to our lives, which I suppose is natural for anybody who studies the planets as we do :)

Thanks for sharing ~~ Waxy

Offline ~waxy~

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:15:42 AM »
Hi Don,

Yes I’ve witnessed this too and it can work very well; like a yin/yang and yet others are drawn to those similar to them, some with as many challenges as possible, others for the peaceful life (fewer planetary contacts!)

It’s probably my favourite branch of astrology for this reason, it still fascinates me to look at what draws people to one another. 

My parents are interesting synastry, they’ve been together for more than 50 years. My Dad is a Sun-Mercury Aries which squares my Mom’s Mars-Sun-Venus in Cancer (all within a 4 degree orb).  She has a grand cross in her chart and he has an EXACT Mars-Pluto opposition.  They are both very vibrant, opinionated and fiery personalities who thrive on their clashes and differences.  However their Moons are conjunct in late Libra and their Jupiters are conjunct at mid-Sagittarius, so they both know exactly where the other is at deep down. 

I love studying ‘successful’ long-term relationships and what ingredients they’ve worked upon to create an understanding and contentment.

Thanks ~~ Waxy

james m

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
any event that affects a person deeply is capable of moving there attention center off it's usual static position.. lack of sleep, lack of food, or any intense experience can shift this center to a different spot on the luminous fibres we call awareness..   it is indeed a journey when it happens - jupiter all the way... carlos casteneda's literature goes into this in greater depth.. jupiter and neptune are the 2 planets i associate with dreaming..  thanks for sharing waxy..

Offline ~waxy~

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 06:00:58 AM »
Hi James,

Interesting you should say that in this instance; in that the conclusion for this chart points that way.  Perhaps it was naive of me to consider the Moon (subconscious) to be linked to dreaming.

Another point about the chart of the friend in question is that he has natal Jupiter in the 1st House and a Venus-Sun-Mercury conjunction in Pisces 2nd House).  So, in fact Neptune and Jupiter play quite a ~conscious~ and emphasised role in his life.

For me the surprise lies mostly in the idea of rarely dreaming being the norm!  Particularly with an angular, expressive Cancer Moon and a Pisces stellium! 

Happy full moon by the way!  It's no surprise looking at the Lunar chart (from UK perspective) and noting the Aquarius 12th House stellium of Mercury-Mars-Neptune-Sun-Chiron(now Pisces) that dreams would be what I've discussed all week!  I was even randomly gifted a book about dreams!! :)

james m

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »
hi waxy...  i was speaking generally.. if you want to actually share the chart, then great... i never accept comments about a chart but need to be given the data to actually have a clearer idea on it which is why my comments were general in nature... for example, what i have found is 2 different astrologers will articulate house positions completely different, and this is only one example of how it is essentially useless to try to understand a chart in a 2nd hand way like this..  thanks for your comments waxy and happy full moon!