Author Topic: Rectification vs real life Question?  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Gem Ini

Rectification vs real life Question?
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:31:08 AM »
Is it possible to have a real birthtime that you know is wrong? 

Suppose that your dad was at your birth and took a stop watch with him, and came up with a time of 8:34 AM on Jun 1, 1980, but you have found that your correct birth time could only be at 6:01 AM based on the fact that almost nothing in your life matches the 8:34AM time but almost every matches the 6:01 time.

I discovered early that my actual birth time doesn't appear to be my birth time, but that simply doesn't make sense.

Help.

Gem
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:40:49 AM by Gem Ini »

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
Re: Rectification vs real life Question?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »
Dear Gem,

If you are confident that your father was there with a stop watch and that birth time also matches your birth certificate, then I would trust that time.

Certainly there are other birth times within the day that can show astrological activity for major life events. This is why rectification requires expertise.

If you truly want to test the accuracy of your birth time at 8:34 AM, then I would suggest you work with an astrologer that specializes in rectification. Who said your birth time could only be at 6:01 AM???

Lauren Delsack

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »
Dear Gem Ini,

I am one of those people whose brith certificate has a clear, legible time, but has proven to be inaccurate.  My birth certificate says that I was born at 4:34 pm PDT August 15, 1950 in Portland, Oregon, but when I learned enough astrology to challenge it, I concluded that I must have been born 10 minutes before that.

I look at astrology to be primarily descriptive and secondarily predictive.  Predictions must fit the descriptions.

I rectified my chart based on a really big bell with two clappers.  The death of a friend on May 30, 1971 motivated me to take up the study of astrology on June 7, 1971...8 days later.  The use of solar arcs and transits made everything perfectly clear, when I adjusted my birth time by 10 minutes to 4:24.

Getting back to the description, that BC chart put my Neptune in the 9th house, which did not describe the facts of my religion and spirituality in the least.  It would have been great if I were trying to pursue a metaphysical religion, but I seldom have.

DB

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:13:03 AM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »

Suppose that your dad was at your birth and took a stop watch with him, and came up with a time of 8:34 AM on Jun 1, 1980, but you have found that your correct birth time could only be at 6:01 AM based on the fact that almost nothing in your life matches the 8:34AM time but almost every matches the 6:01 time.

I discovered early that my actual birth time doesn't appear to be my birth time, but that simply doesn't make sense.

Help.

Gem

Your right, it really doesn't make sense, a two and a half hour time variant when your father was timing your birth seems impossible.   Do you have a strong Neptune in your chart Gem?  That can sometimes cause confusion.

Did you have a long and difficult birth or a quick and easy one?

Would you mind giving us your place of birth and your 8.34 and 6.01 am Ascendant degrees?

I assume you have carefully checked out both times with Solar Arcs for events in your life and that is why you have come to the conclusion that the 6.01 am time of birth is correct?

Alice McDermott

Offline Ray Murphy

• Nukkin.com.au
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 03:21:21 AM »

Help.

Gem

It pays to remember that rectification is about rectifying charts - not birth times.
I've found quite a few charts that worked much better than the recorded times (from an event-list point of view).
It seems to me that something quite strange happens occasionally. It's almost un-nerving.

Ray

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

• James Alexander, Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 02:09:15 AM »
Gem,

I agree with Lauren's advice... to ask an astrologer that specializes in rectification.  (specialization meaning more than "offers as a service")

If you have two times that both seem to work somewhat and you really believe that one of these times is correct, you should list the relevant aspects at events ACROSS MULTIPLE SYSTEMS and compare which is strongest.  The system with the highest reliability in matching aspects to events is Topocentric Primary Directions.  After these, try secondaries, progressed sidereal solar returns, age harmonics, and then transits for corroboration.   Especially don't forget that all valid systems that work in forward motion also work in converse motion and that the converse motion is more "personal".

If you rectify using Solar Arcs, please use some other systems for cross-verification, as Solar Arcs on their own create "false positives" for incorrect birthtimes.

Take care...and good luck in your studies/findings...

Peace

OD'dOnLifeItself
http://www.jamesalexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain